Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm done.

I Was Just Wondering What Do They Think Made Your Band Slip?

For a week after my surgery, I was unable to keep down my own saliva. This resulted in vomiting over the course of that week over 100 times. It is likely that my band slipped at that time, but there's no way of knowing, since my doctor chose never to do fills under flouroscopy. It wasn't until 10 months later that I had my first fill under xray and discovered that the band had slipped. After removing all the liquid in my band, it slipped back into place, but as soon as we refilled it, it slipped again.

Chances are it was the original sickness that caused the slippage, but at this point, I don't know that we'll ever know for sure. Several doctors have told me that the band the doctor put on me was too small, and that's why I was so sick right after surgery.

Regarding the RNY - I say go for it! Youve got my support!!!

(((hugs))) dont forget about us, ok?

I'm not goin' anywhere. *hugs*

Best of luck to you Jonathan, everything does have a reason. Something better must be in store for you!

You better be here to let us know what it is!!!!!!

Jonathan I'm so sorry you've had to endure so many trials and tribulations, I wish you the best, whatever path you chose. Hugs!

sorry jonathan.

i am a firm believer in 'everything happens for a reason' not that it gives you much comfort. *sigh*

*hugs*

JOHN YOUR NOT A FAILURE! YOU HAVE LOST 40 POUNDS THUS FAR.You can do it if you really want to loss weight.It will be hard for you,but you can. Im sorry for your trouble you are having.

You have helped people here at this site so please don't leave,maybe we call all talk you through some kind of program to keep you losing weight.

Please let me no what I'can do to help! JOHNQ

JOHN YOUR NOT A FAILURE! YOU HAVE LOST 40 POUNDS THUS FAR.You can do it if you really want to loss weight.It will be hard for you,but you can. Im sorry for your trouble you are having.

You have helped people here at this site so please don't leave,maybe we call all talk you through some kind of program to keep you losing weight.

Please let me no what I'can do to help! JOHNQ

Jonathan....JohnQ is right! You ARE NOT A FAILURE! This is an ongoing process guy and we are here for you. And I know you have always been there for us....always an inspiration. Take care. You are in my prayers!

Jonathon, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles but I am happy for you that you have made some clear decisions and have resolved some of your feelings. I hope that if you get the bypass it will be of the upmost success for you!! Please make sure you share with us how you are doing as you continue your journey. I have been contemplating the same thing and would be very interested to know the results, challenges and victories with your proactive band removal and revision.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Hi Jonathon

I've only posted a few times but you have sent me some messages which I really appreciated. I'm sorry things havn't worked out for you. I hope the new journey is successful

Oh no, I'm so sorry :)

Your not a failure, a failure is some one who gives up... doesn't sound like your giving up to me. With or without the RNY or Band, you won't quit... your a fighter...you'll get there.

Hugs to you !!!

jonathan-i am new to the band and your posts helped me in many ways...i want you to know that and thank you for it.

my thoughts will be with you on this new journey : ) let us know how you are doing.....

Jonathan -

Boy, you have really had a tough row to hoe. And you have done it with grace and courage.

I'm sorry your roll of the dice didn't pan out this time, but we're here to help cheer you on for your next move.

((hugs))

Hey buddy, how do I say this without sounding selfish? I'm not glad you're losing your band, but I am glad somebody understands where I'm coming from when I say I won't be re-banded. I crapped out, too. The band isn't for all of us. Poop. xo

Reading your post, my heart really goes out to you Jonathan.

You aren't by chance, the same guy who's wife posted on another forum about this very thing, are you?

I remember several months back, maybe 8, a woman came on saying her husband was still in the hospitla after banding because he couldn't keep his own saliva down.

I couldn't help but think. "Crap, if he had only had a different surgeon" and "Why didn't he give him something to stop vomiting," etc

But it is what it is now, and I'm sorry you had this happen to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry you have had such a bad experience with your band. Seems like there must be a way to reposition the slippage before you go all out and have a RNY? I understand that you have every right to be totally frustrated and want to give up , but a reposition surgery wouldnt be covered by insurance? IF not go for some other form of WLS. I would if my band no longer worked or I couldnt get my insurance to cover the reposition if thats what I had to do.

Good luck whatever your decision.

Babs in TX

334/180ish