Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 8 And I Have Eaten Solid Foods Am I In Trouble

My son was married on dec 28 , I was banded on the 29, my 40tb bday on the 31 and on the the 2nd I are soft eggs I was so weak and couldnt even hold a conversation because I had no energy I have already started back walking on the 2nd also just 1.2 miles at a slower pace and on the 4th 1.2 miles since I have started back working out my energy level has come back but the shakes are not getting it. I have my first appt. on the 19th of Jan. I'm hungry but I really can not eat other but I have been mushing up tuna salad. What am I to do. Oh and I have only lost 4 lbs and I have been stuck on 228 for 4 days

Please some help

Slow down and give your body a chance to recover from your surgery. You didn't put your weight on in a couple of months and it won't all come off in a couple of months. Work very hard at following your doctor's guidelines re eating and exercising and you will see the success that you crave.

This isn't a quick fix nor a necessarily easy journey but you can do it. You can also come here for support and the occasional home truth.

I agree.......You're getting way ahead of your self, conjuring up problems that really don't concern most people until they have been banded for months.

Just sit back and follow you post-op diet instructions. This lap band weight loss process is slow, and takes months for it to really get started and see realistic results.

I was banded a year ago, and it took me 3-4 months before I felt I was where I should be with the proper amount of Fluid, etc. That was last May. I have not had a fill since then.

BUT

I really did not begin to appreciate the difference in weight loss, body changes from exercising, or just plain looking in the mirror until about October of this year.

So it took me 3-4 months to get things adjusted properly, and it took me 9-10 months to really feel satisfied with significant changes!

Everything I went through, you are trying to bunch together in 3 weeks!

To be polite.....You're not even close! RELAX!

Thank you it's just that before the surgery I was walking/jogging about 12-13 miles a week and I am scared that if I do not get back into the routine of working out I'll loose the motivation and all I have been hearing from the doctor and nurses is to start moving it'll heal the process faster the weight dropping I'm not to much worried about I guess it's just getting back to my routine and becoming unmotivated,

I will like to thank you though this is the best thing for me to have so many people to talk to who understands and that are going through the same thing. I am also going to the group meeting on the 11th I'll take any and every support that I can get.

Thanks

I have been allowed mushied since day 10. However, I have restriction with no fill yet and can only eat certain things and not very much. I don't think you hurt yourself but you should try to follow your Dr.s guidelines. Before you know it you will be allowed real food. Stay strong.

Thanks is just that my appt

Is not until the 19 so I really do not know

Im so confused but I'll be strong but I just really want to cry.

Then go ahead and cry !

Know one here is going to see you,,, If that will help then you know what to do.

As far as losing your Motivation. I'm going to gather you have been running for a while, so your not going to loose the Drive, It might take you a little time to get back to where you were.

Call your surgeons office, and tell him with all the working out that you do, you feel like you need to get some food in, and see what he say's. Worst is NO !

I agree with everyone else. I remember feeling the same way you do back then. Keep this phrase in mind at all times.

"This too shall pass". You will be fine. The weight will start to come off and your eating will increase. Please give your body a chance to heal. This is a long journey and you are just beginning. Listen to your DR and RELAX!!! It will happen! I was banded Oct 25, 2010 and I'm still losing. It's slow but steady.

You made a great first step to stay on top of this by posting. Take a deep breath talk to Dr. And relax. You can do this!

Are you allowed Protein Shakes? If so I would recommend having your clear broth and then an hour or so later the Protein Shake. This will help with the head hunger since you will be eating at regular intervals. I also went back to the gym at like day 4. I did however come home and take a nap after.

if your dr does allow Protein Shakes you might want try "Boost"protein shakes. they have 11 grams of Protein, a ton of daily Vitamins and come in choc, vanilla (very rich !) and strawberry. you can find them near the Protein Bars or the diabetic section in Walmart or the grocery stores. YUMMY !! small, portable bottles, and they dont need refridgeation until you open them. good luck and take it slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........