Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting...14 Days Post Op...need Advice

Hi, I was banded on Dec 19, all is going well...except for this evening. I started to eat a mushed up meatball, and it immediately felt like it wasn't going down. Long story short, I've spend the last half hour vomiting. Although it wasn't a lot it there were a few spots of bright red blood. Is this ok? Or should I call my doc? I'm really worried, I've done some damage from getting sick. I feel better now, but still feel like I've pulled a few muscles in my chest and stomach.

Any advice???

Thanks Jennifer

You are still swollen from the internal surgery.....I was advised by my doctor to not eat.....meat...bread....or rice for three months post surgery......it is too soon to be eating meat....stick to soft foods......you have just over done it....I would not worry at all...the band is stronger than you think :)

Sounds to me like your swollen. Stay on fluids for a few days, then try mushies.

I would call the Doc. since you seen Blood, and se what he say's.

Hope you are O.K., and that you learned something from this.

Shirley.

U def. over did it. If u had surgery on 12/19 then u are still in your second week. Fluids only. No solids or meat. Sorry. Go back to fluids let your pouch heal.

The blood could be from irritation from vomiting but if your worried then def call your dr.

Hope you feel better soon

You will be fine....I was banded 1st of July 2010 ....believe me you do push the boundaries.....and one thing you forget it mentally you have to adjust your eating habits and the amount you eat.....I look at my plate and I think no way I need more and then after a few mouthfuls I have to stop.....give yourself time to heal....sure you have not even had your first real fill yet....any problems feel free to ask us all...great online community ....and they really helped me in the early days.....now stop beating yourself up :)

Thanks Crisp, I know what you mean about bad habits. Whether it's Jello or pureed food, I still fill my dish to pre-band portions out habit. I love to cook, and it's hard to remember not to taste what I'm cooking!! I still have so much to learn!!

Thank you! Trust me, I won't be doing that again anytime soon!

See ! The band is a teaching Tool.. You learned something.

I would go back to liquids only for a few days. Your pouch / esophagus is probably irritated (hence the blood) and you don't want to further irritate anything. If you cannot keep liquids in, call your doctor.

I would go back to liquids and see how you feel. If you still see blood later than I would call a Dr.

I did the same thing tonight and I am only a week out! Lesson learned!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches