Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow - didn't know that could happen. I know it's easier said than done but try to remember your improved eating habits, exercise more and be thankful that the band didn't slip. Good luck to you. I think I'm going to follow my advice also.

I'm currently writing this from my hosptial bed :(

after several months of pain it was found that my stomach slipped over the lapband. Yesterday I had corrective surgery.

Did the Feb 2012 bandsters every decide on a post area for us to keep in touch?

First of all, I am right there with you on more than one account. The 2013 bandsters are confusing me as well! Anyway, I feel like I'm being a pessimist, but I'm looking for some support out there. I got banded Feb. 23, 2012. I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I know 30 pounds is 30 pounds, but I really thought I would be at my goal of 80 pounds lost by now. Here is where I am having trouble - and please, please, please understand I am looking for support, not a lecture. I have NEVER EVER felt restriction. EVER! NOTHING gets stuck! NOTHING restricts me! I can eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It's like I never had the surgery (except for the scars and the $3,000 out of pocket). This is what I can't understand. I have a Realize band. 11 cc. It is filled to 8 cc. I know there's Fluid in it, because when I got my last fill, he took all the liquid out (which was 6 cc.). So I know it's in there. But I still have no restriction. Everyone says you have to help the band work, but if it's like the band was never there, what is the use? I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there in my position and if anyone knows of anything I can do. I try to diet, but heck if dieting alone helped ANY of us, would ANY of us be here? I know it's a TOOL - but it's a TOOL I DON'T HAVE! The PA who did my last fill said that it's like putting a belt on. Some have bigger waists, some have smaller waists, and if you try to tighten a size 40 belt on a size 28 waist, it's going to take a lot of tightening to get it to restrict the waistband. My question is, if I am at 8 cc of an 11 cc band and have absolutely no restriction, what can I do? I cry daily when I get on the scale. I need encouragement, or ideas, or something. I am slipping back into old eating habits - and realizing I can eat way more than I do (and that's a very bad thing). Is there anybody out there that give me an idea of the next step?

Hi. I just saw this post...and am also amazed by the number of other posters from Feb. 2013 who have posted here!

Anyway, I have had a number complications with my band, and currently it is totally unfilled. And has been for the past 3 months. I have to take responsibility for the food choices I make, and limit my portions.

It would be helpful to either take all of your food temptations out of your house, or just decide that you will not have that unhealthy snack, and get busy with something to distract your thinking away from food.

My husband insists on keeping chocolate chip Cookies and ice cream in the house. I've taught myself to ignore them, as I chose to make my weight loss goals my higher priority.

I have been a "slow loser", but I am determined to reach my goal weight. So much of this weight loss journey is the faulty thinking about food which complicates and can derail our progress to goal.

If I can be of assistance, please PM me. You can do this, is if you want to!

Best wishes...

I'm currently writing this from my hosptial bed :(

after several months of pain it was found that my stomach slipped over the lapband. Yesterday I had corrective surgery.

Did the Feb 2012 bandsters every decide on a post area for us to keep in touch?

Oh, I am so sorry to read this!

I have been MIA on our thread because I really did not know how to find my way back to it!

You are not alone with experiencing complications...currently my band is totally empty, and I have been cautioned to never attempt to have another fill. So, my weight loss has been slow, but I remain motivated and determined to reach my goal weight.

Please keep in touch...and perhaps if someone sends a PM to all the 2013 Feb. Bandsters who have posted here, they will get the message to look for their correct thread.

Please let know how you do post op!

Best wishes...

So, I have MIA from our thread, because I honestly did not know how to locate it...I am so technology challenged!

So here we are, the February 2012 Bandsters are 18 months out now! I hope all are doing well...and that you have all met weight loss goals you have set along the way of your journey.

I have had some complications. In the past many major life changing events have happened to me. I had to have 4 surgeries in the 12 month span between July 2012 and February 2013. Only 1 was band related, but I had significant lengths of time, around4 months total which I could not get in any exercise.

My husband retired, and we moved to a different state. It has been quite disruptive to my established routines, but now after 3 months I am finally back to regular exercise and diet compliance.

My band is totally empty of Fluid now, and has been for the past 3 months. I have been advised it would be too risky for me to ever have another fill. I attribute it all to stress (our youngest son is currently deployed to Afghanistan), and our move. Two different bariatric surgeons in 2 different states cannot explain what is going on with my band, but for the time being, I will not have to have it removed. I have to be monitored closely to make certain that the band is not slipped, because of my presenting symptoms usually indicate a slipped band. And actually, the most fluid I ever had in my 11cc band was 4.5cc. We are all so different!

So, I have remained compliant with proper portions and do my best to stay properly hydrated with Water to help manage my hunger and appetite. So far, so good.

I am getting closer to my goal weight now, and regular exercise is the only way I will reach my goal. So I am doing a full hour of cardio almost daily. I am cautiously optimistic that the exercise will get me to my goal weight, but time will tell!

I'd enjoy "hearing" from more of the February 2012 Bandsters...I hope all is going well!

Best wishes to you all...