Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Portion Plate

Hi,

I'm looking for a "dummy approved" portion plate....I want to make it as easy as possibly for myself until I can formulated habits. I found this http://www.lapbandtools.com/products/Portion-Control-Plate.html which is awesome, but it seems like they are only sold in bulk.

Other portion plates that I have found put the larger emphasis on the veggies as opposed to Proteins ( for our sake).... has anyone found a similar plate?

Maybe I'll call the company and see what we can do .......

Definitely let me know! I could use one.

You can buy these one at a time or bulk - simply change the quantity in the drop down box

The default setting is set to 25 units

But why bother? Simply get an 8 inch plate and mark it out with an indelible marking pen

A heck of a lot cheaper

If you try to purchase one, it tells you that you must buy @ least 25 otherwise i would have purchased just the one.

You can buy these one at a time or bulk - simply change the quantity in the drop down box

The default setting is set to 25 units

But why bother? Simply get an 8 inch plate and mark it out with an indelible marking pen

A heck of a lot cheaper

Being an old fan of hand thrown pottery, I've shopped for various single-serving pieces that I have pre-measured, and can absolutely fill up (providing that visual cue) while still staying in my guidelines. And after using a measuring cup carefully the first few months I got a good idea of Portion Control. Every now & then I recheck just to make sure.

Constancy and control is a learned habit. Whatever tools we find to make it easier to comply is a good idea.

I've got a hand-thrown 'Soup dish' with a handle on it that takes 1 1/2 cups level to the top. Works for an astounding amount of meals. And the "size of my palm" for 3.5-4oz hard protein" does very handy guide line too.

It helped me at first using a smaller spoon too.

And 4-6 oz clay mugs, instead of my old 16oz++ monsters.

www.greatideas.net.au this site sells portion contol plates and bowls, along with cookbooks,etc, for lapbanders,

I am 2 days post op and sore. I have developed a cough... trying to support tummy.

Buy yourself a good food scale thats what I did and you will be surprised how little 3 ounces is. Its the best present I gave to me.

Like Jack, I really enjoy my collection of small side plates that I eat off! I have an everyday dinner setting of plain white plates that the family uses and everythign to match - a variety of tiny bowls and such - just the kind of thing you can buy the pieces separately for. I use them for Cereal and yogurt and such, I know their capacity and my whole family eats off smaller plates (but not as small as me) - but I have a collection of various ones that I've seen and liked, some meals look great on a red plate, and a stir fry on a black plate is quite special, all the bright vegies lol. So yeah, just a bread and butter plate does the trick for me.

Its just for me, I couldnt afford to indulge my crockery obsession for the whole family! And I get bored, I wouldnt want to buy a whole set and just have to use that anyway. It might sound a bit unhinged, but it really adds a bit of zing to ordinary everyday meals for me.

Hmmm, I dabble in pottery. I may just have found a new project to work on.

Hmmm, I dabble in pottery. I may just have found a new project to work on.

sounds like a plan, lol :)

I would lOve a portioned plate. I eat out of the home often do a scale doesn't always work.

I just use one cup glass bowls...

I bought a Baby portion plate at Wal_mart its like the divided picnic plates(which my Dr suggested I buy when I first started going to her.) It helps alot I am using it tonight for dinner at a matter of fact. I also use baby silverware when at home, but I am seriously thinking about putting a set in my purse after I get a fill that keeps my bites down.

I bought a child's divided plate at target. It was in their dish section and it has three sections. I use the large rectangular section for my Protein and the two small squares for my veggies. It works great and also has a rubber cover to seal it with so you can take lunch to work in it!