Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your fills really start to work for you?

When did your fills really start to work for you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When did your fills really start to work for you?

• Day 1
    • Days / Weeks Later
    • None worked until several fills later
    • Other....please explain

Thats sounds like how it was for me when i got my fill the end of January, I had a rough first week and half and then i was o.k., I am still pretty restricted from that fill. But I get my Protein and then some and I'm still loosing. Yeah. Good Luck.

i got my first fill he said 4 cc but i still eat i can't eat as much but i don't fell anything i eat more a day smaller meals hope this is working when is it to soon to go back and get anothor fill think i might need one i feel some pain is i don't chew but i havn't throwed-up get pain in my stomach if i wolf it down then i remember to chew hope that normal thanks

kaybug

Schel, I am investigating the lapband but frankly the more I read the more fearful I am. PAIN on swallowing???!!!!!! Why? And what is a pb?

Someone help me to understand?

Pam

Pam,

PB is a "Productive Burp"....you take too big a bite or go past full and it's liek a baby...you bring it right back up....undigested....looks just like it did going down cause it didnt' make it too the stomach. No pain....quick and painless!! I've had one...it was a Protein drink....went past the room I had available in my stomach!! ;)

Pain comes on swallowing if your not chewing your food to goo....you MUSt chew them up or they get "stuck" in the band area....I recently did this when I went to regular foods...it was very painful and intimidating! I went back to Clear liquids and it was better the next day!! The band is a tool to help you only eat a healthy amount....to stop when your satisfied.... to not over eat!!!

Hope this helps!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :)

I just got my first fill and felt restriction on the first day. If I do not chew, the food will get stuck. I do not want to even eat as much because it takes some time to chew. I am not hungry either. I can say that I feel more restriction in the mornings and then I am fine in the evenings.

Well I missed a fill this week due to the flu, which was very scary as I know it is not good for the stomach when one gets sick (if you konw what I mean). I have only been filled three times since my surgery in 4/2007. I have lost approx. 60 pounds but what has been frustrating is that I have to go under fluroscopy because the port entry has stayed facing inward even after a second surgery to correct this. Very frustruating. I havent had a fill since November 2007. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I got the flu because I am so scared of hearing that I would have to have another surgery again. I have to travel over 400 miles to my doctor/radiologist for every appt. due to my insurance. The cost has been a hardship. I don't know anyone who has had this done other than someone that has had a gastric bypass. We can't really understand what the other is going through because they are totally two different things. I have a lot of pain when sleep on my side and can't even sleep on my stomach anymore. Does anyone out there have similar issues????

Good luck to all of you.....

Vic

Hi Vic, I've had success with all my fills until this week. I guess he overdid it and I can barely get Water down. Forget about eating. The first night I was awake pretty much all night with PB's and water coming out of my mouth. Better the second night and was able to have water, a Protein Shake and diet ice cream (for some reason that ALWAYS goes down.) Slept great, but in the morning I had terrible heartburn and lots of burping. Now, no pain. I have a luncheon today with friends and I don't think I'll eat anything. This is the first time this has happened. Does the fill loosen up after a few days?

The first two fills (2.4 cc's and then 2.0 cc more for a total of 4.4 cc's in a 10 cc band) did very little for me in terms of restriction. Just had my third fill last week - another 1.6 cc's for a total of 6.0 cc's and WOW - hello - now I feel the band working - in fact they initially put in 2.0 cc's but I had trouble drinking the Water so they took out 0.4 cc's. Not complaining as it has been helpfull to this point, but now feel real restriction and loving it. Appetite is completely under control after a very small portion of food. I do have to be carefull eating (eat slow, chew thoroughly) but I think I'm at my SWEET SPOT:) Hope it lasts...

Today it took me from noon until 4 pm to finish my Boston Market "kid's meatloaf." It was one piece of meatloaf, some spinach and of course the piece of corn bread. Tonight my dinner came up after a couple of bites, but it was because I eat too darned fast. I know this last fill was probably more than I needed, but I have lost six more pounds and really don't want an unfill. Can someone tell me if it loosens up on it's own after awhile?

I can only speak for myself, but it feels as though it does loosen up. I haven't had a fill since November 2007 and I do notice a difference. Make sure you eat slowly, chew until you can't chew anymore and then make sure you don't drink Water for a while after. Right now I do the same thing. I'm always in a hurry and tend to eat too fast. I haven't had it come up but I do get some pain near the band as well as the chest area. Then I'm kicking myself in the behind for not eating slowly. After a few of those moments you kinda learn your lesson. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks Vic, your advice is good advice. I ate nearly 3/4 of a lean cuisine meal today, chewed it forever, took about 30 min to finish and NOT ONE PAIN....best of all it's still down there, lol. I should know better. I'm not a novice. Been banded since October, but old habits die hard............

can anyone tell me what is the average number of fills before you feel restricted I just got banded May 21 and can pretty much eat whatever and how much of whatever I want HELP!!!!! I need the restriction feeling

I had my first fill a week ago and I don't feel any different. I had 1cc put into a 14cc band. I go back on the 1st of July for fill #2, hopefully I will get a larger fill cuz I am so ready to see some weight loss.

Guest ZenGarden

Other: 14 months post-op, 7 fills, and 2 doctors later...I am just now able to tell I was actually banded. I can still eat just about anything I want and probably at least 2 cups of food per sitting. I am beginning to doubt that I will ever have true restriction.

Guest ZenGarden

can anyone tell me what is the average number of fills before you feel restricted I just got banded May 21 and can pretty much eat whatever and how much of whatever I want HELP!!!!! I need the restriction feeling

My doctor insists that it takes anywhere between 6 to 8 fils to achieve proper restriction, although from reading posts here, many people seem to find adequate restriction with only one or two fills. Wish I were that lucky...