Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many CC is your Lap Band Filled until you're not hungry?

I would like to know how many cc did it take to make u feel like u wasn't hungry. I just got my first fill 3 days ago and I swear I don't feel any difference!

I would like to know how many cc did it take to make u feel like u wasn't hungry. I just got my first fill 3 days ago and I swear I don't feel any difference!

I don't like comparing amounts of cc's from one person to another, everyone is different. That's why the band is adjustable.

Having said that, it took me 3 fills to get to the point where I felt the band was doing it's job. That's 3 months after surgery!

I have not had a fill since the first week of May. I am in the Green Zone, and the Dr. agrees. Said I am at the point that any future fills will be only 1/2 cc plus or minus for maintenance reasons.

But like I said, it took me 3 fills = 3 months.

I know everyone is different I was just wondering because my band was empty and my doc put 3 cc and i don't feel the difference just wanted to know if anyone felt the same as me. I would think 3cc is a lot but maybe I am wrong I do have a 10cc band.. It was just a question if u dont want to answer that's fine!!!!!

I don't like comparing amounts of cc's from one person to another, everyone is different. That's why the band is adjustable.

Having said that, it took me 3 fills to get to the point where I felt the band was doing it's job. That's 3 months after surgery!

I have not had a fill since the first week of May. I am in the Green Zone, and the Dr. agrees. Said I am at the point that any future fills will be only 1/2 cc plus or minus for maintenance reasons.

But like I said, it took me 3 fills = 3 months.

I had an empty band after surgery and my first fill was 4cc - no difference. 2nd fill 1 cc - no difference. 3rd fill .5 cc - no difference. 4th fill - 1 cc for a total of 6.5 cc's and now after 4 months I have restriction. I simply don't get physically hungry - only head hungry! Be patient and good luck!

Everyone is different. Depends on what size band you have and how much fat is under and around the band. I have a 10 Cc band that was placed 1/19/11. I felt some restiction with an empty band from the beginning. I have had a total of 3 fills to date. I currently have 2.8 CCs in my band and think I will probably get another .5ccs soon. But I have had good restriction since March and I have lost a total of 86 lbs.

I know a girl with the same size band as me and she has 9.5 ccs and has no real restriction. Again everyone is different.

Good luck and be patient.(althought I know it is hard)

Everyone is different. Depends on what size band you have and how much fat is under and around the band. I have a 10 Cc band that was placed 1/19/11. I felt some restiction with an empty band from the beginning. I have had a total of 3 fills to date. I currently have 2.8 CCs in my band and think I will probably get another .5ccs soon. But I have had good restriction since March and I have lost a total of 86 lbs.

I know a girl with the same size band as me and she has 9.5 ccs and has no real restriction. Again everyone is different.

Good luck and be patient.(althought I know it is hard)

I got banded 11/4/11 w/2cc in,I lost 10lbs by day 5 wasnt hungry or anything but after that day I stopped losing ANY weight & am hungry all the time!! I get my 1st fill on 12/3/11 & hoping I feel restricted. ,y question is, how does being "restricted" feel?

I'm at about the same place as B-52. It's been 3 months and 3 fills. I'm at 7.5 cc out of 14 cc. band. I'm just starting to get restriction but I can still eat too much, but having to eat slower and be more aware. I think 4 fills will do it for me.

Same thing here! August 23, 2011 I had my surgery with 3cc's entered at time of surgery. November 9, 2011 I have a total of 6 cc's in my band and I still feel no restriction. The only time I felt restriction was when I came off my liquid diet post-op and could only eat some cream of wheat or grits and feel totally satisfied. The NP that did my recent fill said to cut down my portion sizes. Ummm that's the whole reason why I got the band in the first place, to help me eat SMALLER portions. I feel like I have this tool in me and it's not even doing the job. Frustrated! I know that this is a 10cc band in me, I feel like I'm going to actually need 10cc's to feel any restriction. :(

I have 10cc in a 14cc band. Took quite a while to get there, but I actually think I need a slight adjustment, and I mean slight. My last fill was 5 months ago and he put in 1.5cc and I couldn't get down Water. He took 1/2cc out and I have been golden since. However, I think I may need a slight tiny adjustment to get me JUST right. I will talk it over at my next appointment.

But, saying all that, I need to say this... BE PATIENT! The band is a tool not a miracle. You made the choice to have the surgery, now be patient with the process.

Good luck, everyone!

We do have to be patient. The Dr doesn't have a magic number e can just dal up. It's trial and error. As my Dr said, "it's not an exact science." e Rey single one of us s different. Our time will come. Until then we follow the rules and use our will power. We can do it.

I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way!

Same thing here! August 23, 2011 I had my surgery with 3cc's entered at time of surgery. November 9, 2011 I have a total of 6 cc's in my band and I still feel no restriction. The only time I felt restriction was when I came off my liquid diet post-op and could only eat some cream of wheat or grits and feel totally satisfied. The NP that did my recent fill said to cut down my portion sizes. Ummm that's the whole reason why I got the band in the first place, to help me eat SMALLER portions. I feel like I have this tool in me and it's not even doing the job. Frustrated! I know that this is a 10cc band in me, I feel like I'm going to actually need 10cc's to feel any restriction. :(

I want to be clear that I am patient and I am losing weight however the band is suppose to help us but it hasn't start helping me as of yet. I only had the band for 5 weeks tomorrow and i did get my first fill my problem is that the first fill didn't make any difference I thought I would feel a little less hungry. Or feel full a little sooner but not yet! I will wait to see if my next one will make a difference. We all made the decision to get band so it can help us I mean I am losing because I am working hard. I eat healthier than before and I started the gym going 4 days a week but its' all me doing. I just want to be able to eat a small portion and feel satisfy what's wrong with that **** that's why I got this surgery. I know I have to wait but I've been waiting too long first to get the surgery and now to feel restricted. I wonder why they don't put more cc at a time, instead I have to wait a month to probably get half cc like seriously this piss me off..

I had my surgery in May and since then I have had 4 fills of .5cc each. At this rate it will take me a year to reach my sweet spot. I'm hoping that my doctor will vamp it up at my next appointment this week. These monthly visits are already getting old.

that sucks so are u saying that u only have 2cc in ur band and u had ur surgery in May? I didn't have anything in my band after surgery but my first fill was 3cc and I hope when I go back she at least puts 2cc more cause I really don't have time for every month visit to .5cc I mean come on i could understand if u was feeling restricted but not if u feel u can eat the same as before like i do.

I had my surgery in May and since then I have had 4 fills of .5cc each. At this rate it will take me a year to reach my sweet spot. I'm hoping that my doctor will vamp it up at my next appointment this week. These monthly visits are already getting old.

I have 8.25 cc's in a 14cc band i had surgery on 7/11/11. my Dr. told me after surgery that I probably wouldn't get to my sweet spot until i got about 10cc's, but i am down 32lbs since surgery,44lbs total so i'm ok with that, it may take you getting half way full, before it work,but that' s ok AS long as it works. As long as you are not gaining,,,is even better