Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you or someone you know attempted to eat solid food prematurely?

Well I for one am on here because obviously I have no willpower or else I wouldn't be fat! I was banded a week ago and was also a cash pay patient. I've had to eat out three times this week due to my job. I'm in sales and had to take people to lunch. I did have a few solids that I chewed until they slid down my throat! I have my first appt w my Dr Tuesday and will be truthful with him. I know it will be completely my fault if there is a problem, but I'm a food addict...hence the friggin band. I would imagine there is a little room for error and/or cheating, but everyones body is different. mean we all have a bad relationship with food that we are trying to change. Best of luck to all!

My doc said that they didn't design these programs to test their patients or to torture them, but they designed them to keep us safe for the surgery and to encourage the best healing possible after surgery.

But I will admit that I cheated during the past two days - I had a smooth yogurt for dinner yesterday (no fruit pieces at all) and a pureed cream Soup today.

I admit that day 5 post op I wanted to die I was soooo hungry! I cried & cried. I finally broke down & ate some mashed potatoes! Two days later my doctor gave me the green light for mushies. My doc then lets u advance to solids slowly as tolerated. He's not suler strict in the post op diet. 6 months out & 68 lbs dwn :)

Every doctor is different in their post-op diets. I was on Clear Liquids for 7 days and when I went to my surgeon's office for my post-op visit the nurse cleared me for full liquids plus some mushies. I have a co-worker who was cleared for full liquids after a 2 days of clear liquids. If I want to eat meat and veggies I cook them in the crockpot so they are so soft they are easy to chew up into mush. I wish everyone the best of luck no matter what stage you are in. This is a difficult journey and I need all the help and support I can get.

Note: we need to try not to attack each other; we are all here for support. Please, I am pleading with everyone to be kind to each other; you never know who is going to read your post and what state of mind they are in at the time they read it.

I second that DebHart71. When we post something, we need support. Not to be told we're idiots.

I second that DebHart71. When we post something, we need support. Not to be told we're idiots.

You know I do not think we mean to say things to hurt peoples' feelings. You just do not know the tone of the written word, was in wriiten in anger or trying to make a point that I have been there so here is my experience. People who are new either know everything or are feeling so lost and need to know everything. As someone who is more than 2 years post opt I STILL come here for support and advice. There are a few really nice people who have been banded more than 2 years and they have great advice and can point you in the right direction if you need help. There are a lot of people here and we all are different. I agree we should all be nice. I have had to say sorry a few times myself and it did not kill me. But I think our longeterm Bandsters deserve more respect than what they are given. And I am not talking about me I am still learning.

Cheri

I thrid that Debhart71. I am about 8 days post op Iam not hungry, except for yesterday making Breakfast for the family and thought I could handle scrambled eggs, well I was mistaken, they got stuck half way down. Pretty scarey.

I thrid that Debhart71. I am about 8 days post op Iam not hungry, except for yesterday making breakfast for the family and thought I could handle scrambled eggs, well I was mistaken, they got stuck half way down. Pretty scarey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches