Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Process - what was your experience?

Hello everyone! I hope all is well your way and many thanks to all who have been so insightful!!

I am curious to what your Pre-op process and what it was like. I have chose to get my surgery b Dr. Stowers of Bariatric Solutions. I went in on a Friday and did my consultation and met Dr. Stowers and his staff. That same day I did my nutritional assessment. On Saturday I did my psychological eval. On Monday I reviewed online information about my procedure as well as video and a test. The online info was awesome and was very detailed about the procedure. On Wednesday the docs office called and told me that my insurance company approved the lap band procedure. This was all about 3 weeks ago and since then, all I can think of is the lap band, how my life will change, reading this forum, looking at YouTube videos... Next week on Nov 10th I have my Pre-op testing and on Nov 11th my surgery.

I'm thinking wow this entire process is going so smoothly! I am so excited. I am curious as to what your process has been like and also what the Pre-op day is like. What medical tests are performed... Blood, EKG? Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Hello everyone! I hope all is well your way and many thanks to all who have been so insightful!!

I am curious to what your Pre-op process and what it was like. I have chose to get my surgery b Dr. Stowers of Bariatric Solutions. I went in on a Friday and did my consultation and met Dr. Stowers and his staff. That same day I did my nutritional assessment. On Saturday I did my psychological eval. On Monday I reviewed online information about my procedure as well as video and a test. The online info was awesome and was very detailed about the procedure. On Wednesday the docs office called and told me that my insurance company approved the lap band procedure. This was all about 3 weeks ago and since then, all I can think of is the lap band, how my life will change, reading this forum, looking at YouTube videos... Next week on Nov 10th I have my Pre-op testing and on Nov 11th my surgery.

I'm thinking wow this entire process is going so smoothly! I am so excited. I am curious as to what your process has been like and also what the Pre-op day is like. What medical tests are performed... Blood, EKG? Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Ms.Postmaster,

Wow, when I read how easy it was for you to the surgery point I was amazed! I started my journey 6 months ago and as a result of it I have had to have 2 toe nails removed and then they found a cyst in my neck that had to be removed and then the skin cancer on my left nostril and now I am finally getting RNY in Dec. All of my blood came back good and no ekg this time.

I wish everyone could have it as easy as you!

Kell.

My process was similar to yours...I went to the seminar on Oct 13 and am being banded Nov 18th! I think it's unusual for it to be so quick, especially with insurance (I even have an ***!) since I've seen a lot that have to go through 3 or 6 month monitored diets, various appeals, etc. I count myself lucky and am very grateful for this opportunity!

Wow! I wish my experience had been as quick as yours! I am about to complete my 6 mos required nutrition counseling. I also had to have a psych eval, cardio clearance, blood work, esophogram and sleep study. These were mandated by my insurance (Humana). I've been told that my insurance typically takes 7 - 10 days for approval, so we are planning on a December surgery if all goes as planned. I don't forsee my insurance having a reason to deny me, but I'm still crossing my fingers and praying it goes through.

For me, its been more spread out. Seminar was July 13th...first nutrition appt was made for the next day. So far I've had my 3 nutrition appts, psych eval, physical, and have my sleep study next week. I just heard from my surgeons office on Friday that BCBS of RI approved my surgery. Not sure how many more tests I have until I get a surgery date...so excited just to be approved!

Mine was quick as well.

I went to the seminar on August 23rd , I waited a month for the consult, to make sure that I wanted to do that. That day, September 29th I was scheduled tentatively for Dec 7th. I got the insurance approval 2 weeks later. now just waiting for the day.

Mine took 8 months and 2denilesa but my doc got it through accuses some how thank God and tomorrow is my surgery and I am scared I have failed so many times before I have to make this work for me I m so miserable and un healthy st the weight does everyone feel scared they wont succeed st this before they do it?

Sorry about type O s its my phone

Mine took 8 months and 2denilesa but my doc got it through accuses some how thank God and tomorrow is my surgery and I am scared I have failed so many times before I have to make this work for me I m so miserable and un healthy st the weight does everyone feel scared they wont succeed st this before they do it?

Good Luck.

Can't wait to see you on the other side.