Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly banded and still on the mushy diet, still healing. I have lost between 16 & 18 lbs., depending on the day. I try not to weigh in but can't seem to help it. I'm more concerned about healing correctly now however for sure.

Anyway, I would like to hear some samples of what you eat, preferably during restriction, in a day, Breakfast, lunch & dinner with amounts, etc. It will be awhile before I am able to get a fill, but would like to start gauging a little bit. Thanks!!

11511258.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

for me, i am on my 5th fill now and think i am in the green zone. i am right on track and losing 1 lb a week. and that is okay with me.

for Breakfast, i am not hungry when i get up, so i have a Protein Shake to help get in my Proteins. then mid morning, when i do get hungry, i have either eggs with some cheese and sliced tomatos or other veggies, or i will have a greek yogurt or oatmeal.

for lunch i usually have grilled chicken, or tuna or egg salad wraps on lettuce. i always make sure i get Protein in with each meal. i am able to eat Pasta, rice and whole wheat bread with no issues. make sure you chew your food up well. take it slow and you will do fine. i like the EAS Protein Powder best, got it at Walmart. you can get almost 1/2 your daily protein in that shake in the morning. at dinner time, i eat protein, some veggies and some starch. i am amazed that i am not hungry for 5 hours after eating a meal. i try not to snack in between meals, but during that time of the month, i am snacky like mad. LOL

lapband.com has alot of recipes for all stages.

wishing you the best in your journey :)

i don't eat much at all i have a carnation instant breakfast in the morning then at lunch i have a green salad with chicken and hardboiled eggs (protein) i also put any veges i have on hand tomatoes, green peppers. Supper i like to have chicken or i love tilapia fish fillets i also love steamed veges broccoli, carrots and i also love idaho instant mashed potato packs just 1$ at Walmart and they have all different flavors. those are just some examples of my favorate meals. like the other poster said you need to get in your Protein. i also like yogart and cottage cheese for a night time snack. i find that i don't snack at all but every 4 hours i get hungry so we eat supper at 4 so by 8-9 im hungry again so need a light snack before i go to bed. and as far as food choices the tighter you get the more you wont want certain foods your band will eventually make you make healthier choices. i am loving my band i don't even think about food much anymore the chains are broken i am free. cheesey i know but it is an awesome feeling.

I eat a lot of cottage cheese! Today my hubby, who is an execuative chef, made me up a batch of the most delicious egg salad. I pretty much ate egg salad & wheat ritz.crackers all day. Lol. I also try to drink yo on the go, a yougurt smoothie, every day. Occaddionally I make my self mini pizzas on small tortilla shells. I don't do well with beef any more, sad b/c I used to love steak, so I eat mostly chicken.< /p>

I am one month post op. Bfast on the weekdays is a Protein shake made with FF milk. Weekend bfast is usuallu scrambled eggs. lunch is usually tuna salad, chicken salad or egg salad with a veggie on the side. dinner is usually baked chicken or fish with a veggie on the side. If I do something with ground meat for the family, say spaghetti or slopy joes i take out my meat and eat it plain. If i get hungry between meals, which is extremely rare that I do i will have cottage cheese, greek yogurt, 1/2 cheese stick. I am starting to explore my food options since I havent been eating "real" food for too long.

J

I was banded 10 months ago. I have lost 132 lbs and have 60-80 to go depending on which day you ask me...LOL

Since I am in the losing stage I need to watch my calories more carefully. I have had 4 fills and think I am in the green zone on most days. SInce I started on solid foods at 5 weeks post op a typical work day eating schedule goes something like this:

Breakfast: Carnation sugar free Instant Breakfast

Mid Morning Snack: Small banana

lunch: salad with lettuce, cucumber and onions topped with 2oz of tuna / no fat or lite dressing. I try to change it up daily so may sub tuna for chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg whites or occasionally a lean cusine entree.

Mid Afternoon: mini box of raisins

dinner: 2-3 oz of Protein usually fish, chicken, pork or beef , 1/2 veggies, 1/4 c potato, rice, noodles or 1 slice 45 calorie bread

Evening: I try not to but sometimes I am hungry so will have a light snack of hummus, skinny cow 100 calories fudge bar, sugar free pudding or 100 calories bag of popcorn.< /p>

The weekends are much of the same but usually eat breakfast of 1 egg, 1 pc wheat toast, 2 strawberries, 1 pc bacon and I tend to eliminate my mid morning snack because I eat later than durning the week.

I rarely drink anything but Water. I try to drink 64 oz of Water per day. I have noticed that if I do not, I see a stall in my loss.

Interestingly after the pre op diet of Medifast Protein shakes my Dr recommends eliminating them from my diet. He says his patients who do not drink them after being banded loose more weight than the ones who do. He wantes me to get my Protein through a normal diet which fills me up as opposed to protein that slides through the band.

I eat a lot of cottage cheese! Today my hubby, who is an execuative chef, made me up a batch of the most delicious egg salad. I pretty much ate egg salad & wheat ritz.crackers all day. Lol. I also try to drink yo on the go, a yougurt smoothie, every day. Occaddionally I make my self mini pizzas on small tortilla shells. I don't do well with beef any more, sad b/c I used to love steak, so I eat mostly chicken.

I am with you on the cottage cheese. I eat alot of it too. It seems to be what I crave mostly and it settles my stomach when I am nauseated, which seems to be all the time. Usually 1/2 cup is all I need to fill me up. I have been craving some egg salad and I made some last night and it was yummy.

Breakfast:: fast food southern style chicken breast 150 cals and 8 carbs

Lunch: some type of high Protein with a side of veggies - today a premade salad from publix with hardly any carbs - 270 cals and 5 carbs

dinner - probably a low carb salmon patty and a side of green Beans or cauliflower 200 - 300 cal and 3 - 4carbs total. It varies, but usually either beef, chicken, pork or fish and a side of some type of green vegetable.

I usually don't snack at night, but if my tummy is growling before I go to bed I either have a wedge of laughing cow cheese (35 cal and 1 carb I think) or a sugar free icepop.

Total for the day is usually around 800-900 cal's.

I really haven't missed carbs that much at all....

I am almost 11 months post op and have lost 118 lbs with a little over 30 to go. I have only had 1 fill but consider myself in the green zone. Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast - 1 egg & 3 tbsp egg whites scrambled with 2% American cheese and 2 turkey sausage links.

lunch - 3-4 turkey meatballs with marinara sauce and shredded part skim mozzarella cheese.< /p>

dinner - 4 oz Protein (chicken, shrimp, pork), 1/2 cup veggies

snack - I usually have at least one snack a day but if I do feel hungry between meals here are some of the things I normally eat...string cheese, babybel light cheese, laughing cow cheese spread on turkey deli meat and rolled up, GG crispbread with laughing cow cheese.

As you can see, I follow a fairly low carb diet (it seems to work better for me), my daily calories run between 1,100 - 1,200 for the most part and I'm not so restricted that there are any foods that are off limits. I also exercise at least 4-5 hours a week and drink over 100 oz Water each day.

I hope that helps!

Today I had an almond and pomegranate Kind Bar and a large skim latte for breakfast, a large piece of salmon for lunch with frozen yogurt for dessert, another large skim latte as a snack, a large salad with beets, grilled chicken, onions, Tomato and feta for dinner and a Godiva chocolate bar for dessert.

ps I exercise a lot!

These are all fabulous replies! Thanks so much. I have found them very helpful! I appreciate it.

~Much success to you all!

I eat a lot of cottage cheese! Today my hubby, who is an execuative chef, made me up a batch of the most delicious egg salad. I pretty much ate egg salad & wheat ritz.crackers all day. Lol. I also try to drink yo on the go, a yougurt smoothie, every day. Occaddionally I make my self mini pizzas on small tortilla shells. I don't do well with beef any more, sad b/c I used to love steak, so I eat mostly chicken.

Egg salad recipe?? I wish I was married to a chef! LOL wink.gif

I can't eat alot...maybe 600-800 cals a day. Today for breakfast I had carb control vanilla yogurt with about a 1/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean. For lunch I had some homemade chicken salad on a couple of wasa crackers. For dinner I'm having a casserole with lean ground beef, brown rice, green Beans, mushrooms, cream of mushroom Soup (fat free), and cheese. That's not normal though, usually I have 4oz meat with 1/2 cup veggies. I try to stay relatively low carb, but allow my self things sometimes (like the rice tonight).

In a typical day:

Breakfast: Container of Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup Kashi Cereal mixed in

Lunch: tuna with light mayo on a couple of Wasa crackers or 1 cup turkey chili

dinner 3-4 oz lean Protein (chicken, fish or pork) and 1/2 cup veggies

If I am hungry in between meals I will have a serving of almonds or a small banana with 1/2 tbsp of Peanut Butter as a snack.< /p>

I'm so glad you posted this question!! I am transitioning from this week (eating 4 oz of full liquids every hour) to next week eating only 3 meals a day with 2 Snacks and I am terrified I will be hungry. I also am afraid I wont be able to get in my proteins.. All of these responses have really helped me.. Thank you!