Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello October Bandsters. I thought I would start us a post-op group now that we are getting ready to start out second week of banders. I know we are all going to do GREAT. We will all be loosers this month!!!! If you are having a bad day dont hold it in. This is where we can let it out. If we stick together we will go far. We can do this ladys and gents. I know we can. Set a goal for yourself and let everyone know what it is so we can help each other meet that goal.

My goal is to walk/run a 5k by one year post op. I hope to meet that before then but I am not going to pressure myself to meet a goal that is not realistic. I know myself and if I set goals I cant meet I will give up.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks for creating this AmyRose! Looking forward to all us helping each other and having both scale and NSVs to share!

Thanks for starting the "post" thread for us October bandsters! I was banded Tuesday, Oct. 4, and came home the next day. Doctor told me I had the large band put in, as I was right on the border between the two sizes, so they left a little saline in the band. I had HORRIBLE heartburn since I came home, and ended up in the ER today. I also had not been able to drink more than about 16 oz. of Protein shake and 16 oz. of water/fluids each day. 500 calories a day for 4 days, and I could hardly get up the stairs.

After some Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for pain relief, my surgeon came in and did an "unfill". He mentioned that there was more in there than he had realized, maybe closer to 3 mL. After getting some Phenergan for nausea, and coming home and sleeping for 6 hours, I now feel GREAT! Not hungry, but able to drink a Protein Shake much more comfortably.

Soccermom, I'm glad you got some relief finally. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing now.

I will be banded the 12 th and I'm getting very excited.

Let us all know how you are doing.

I am a October Bandster also.

October 31st. I will Celebrate my 6 year Bandaversary.

I still love the fact that I am still Banded, and will be for life.

Also: I love making the right decisions to work this Band.

You learn to do that, and you will have 9/10s of the battle won.

This is my second time around do to bad aftercare. So I will

include info from both surgeons

Dr. Geffrey Genaw

10/05 starting weight 356

10/31/2006 surgery weight 222

deflated weight 201

Dr. Kurt Kralovich

01/01/11 weight 328

03/03/11 Band filled to Fill Line

current weight in October 241

And I'm not stopping here or again.

I will go as far, and as long as I can.

Shirley/ October Bandster for Life..

:party: :party:

Can't wait to join you all here. 11 days.

looking forward to posting here as well! 17 days!!!

Can't wait to join you all here. 11 days.

I can't believe how good I feel this morning. This is only my 3rd day post op and not alot of pain. I am so happy to start this new journey.

I am on day 4 of post op & am doing well. Still really sore but I feel more like myself today. How is everyone else doing?

Banded Monday the 3rd. I have been to the fair this week and just got back from the zoo. My first check up is Tuesday. I'm itchy but just mildly. I have had no problems. I just take it easy. I am on full liquids. Not tired of the menu just yet. I am not hungry at all. Hope all my recently banded buds are doing as well.

So today I am feeling more like me than I have in a few days. But I am having gas pain still. I figured out if I put a heat pack right on the gas pain I burp within a min and I feel better. Hope this helps anyone having gas pains.

I was banded 10/4 and doing well so far. My only complaint so far is how much my port area hurts. Very uncomfortable and sore...hoping it gets better but sounds like it may never go away...from what I've read on other threads.

Banded on the 3rd and doing okay. Haven't had any gas pain for a few days and then this afternoon a new one reared it's head. I have been walking and riding my exercise bike everyday and I figure that has helped. Still sore but my incisions look like they are doing well.

Hello October Bandsters!!! I can't wait til i join you guys... I have 4days to go. I will be banded on Friday October 14th. So excited!!! Yay... I wish you all the best in your recovery. Let the journey's begin!!!

Had surgery Friday the 7th and I'm already feeling SO much better... i didn't really feel that bad to be honest.. just the normal pains....I was so excited the day of surgery checked in at 730am and was leaving by 4( i chose to stay later because I wanted to leave and I walked way too fast too soon and drank a big gulp of ice cold Water out of habit so I hung around for another hour so my queasiness would go away) Learned my lesson!!! LOL

Still having lots of abdominal gas pains from the Carbon dioxide but I know that's because I haven't been walking nearly as much as I should... when I do walk I feel difference immediately so I'm aiming for a 10 min walk tomorrow outside the house :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Cheryl