Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Just wanted to wish all October bandsters luck. I know many of us will be starting our pre-op diet today. My surgery is the 6th and I start my diet thursday. We have all worked hard to get here and our journey has started. I know we will all do great.

Just wanted to wish all October bandsters luck. I know many of us will be starting our pre-op diet today. My surgery is the 6th and I start my diet thursday. We have all worked hard to get here and our journey has started. I know we will all do great.

I agree!! My surgery is the 6th..started preop today! Feel pretty good so far(I know it is still early;)) I got the Premier nutrition shakes from Sams club, I think they are great! What kind are you having?

Best of luck!!!

Hi AmyRose! We both had the same idea by starting an October group! I posted one last night but hopefully we can all join in here! I am not scheduled yet, but HOPE to have my surgery mid October. I am so excited to finally be able to join a group for the month of my journey! The success and community I have seen in other groups by band month have been wonderful and we can do the same. Happy thoughts to you and 3mjordans (Michelle) during your preop diets!

Oct. 13th is my day!! So excited and cant wait....Pre-op diet I'm on is shake for Breakfast and lunch and lite dinner. It's hard to follow but I am trying hard. Cut out all caffeine and only drink Water and water with Crystal Light type of flavor packets. Hardest part of dieting is fitting it into life. Adding light exercises into routine this week. Will work my way up by surgery to doing a lot more exercises. Surgery will so be worth it in the end and I look forward to a LIGHTER ME!! Good Luck EVERYONE!!

Oct. 13 is my day as well! WOOT! I am very much looking forward to it and conversing with this group! These discussion boards have been a big help as I begin my journey! I know it will not be easy, but I do know~it will be worth it! Good luck to all of us!

I am doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and a light dinner. I am going to costco to get premier shakes tonight. Does Sams club have vanilla? If so i am getting a membership there as well.

I agree!! My surgery is the 6th..started preop today! Feel pretty good so far(I know it is still early;)) I got the Premier nutrition shakes from Sams club, I think they are great! What kind are you having?

Best of luck!!!

This is my first post here, so glad to see October bandsters! I'm scheduled for October 27th...so I expect to get details from the rest of you so I know what to expect! lol BEST of luck to you all on the pre-op diet. I start the 13th, all liquid liver reduction diet, and expect it to be harder than the surgery itself. I have been testing Protein shakes and have some favorites so I hope that helps!

CONGRATS ALL!!!

I am doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and a light dinner. I am going to costco to get premier shakes tonight. Does Sams club have vanilla? If so i am getting a membership there as well.

Hey Amy, The Sams club by me only had the chocolate-but I was very surprised at how good they taste. I think it's taste like a yoo-hoo. I think I paid $17 for a 12 pack.

Hello! I, too, and shooting for an October surgery date. I had my last weigh-in on Friday and they were supposed to submit my insurance for approval today BUT, they lost my denial letter for my primary...grrrr :angry: . So we have to wait 24-48 to get another one so they can submit to my secondary insurance (i have completed all the qualifications for the secondary, didn't meet my primary requirements). So best of luck to ya! Please keep us updated on your journey!B)

My surgery is on the 3rd and I started my liquid diet today. I am not allowed any food, but instead three Protein Shakes a day and a bunch of Clear Liquids. Its only 2 o'clock and I already feel the stomach pains......

Hey m1aman,

What are you doing for the Clear liquids?

Best of luck to EVERYONE!!

Schedueld OCtober 3 for my surgeyr. I have been on a 3 month diet plan plan to lose the required 10% weight loss. IT is a combination of protien shakes and meals. I only need to go on an all liquid diet 3 days before surgyer Good luck to all.

Hey, here is my menu. Everything is sugar free of course.

Crystal Light

coffee

Kool-Aid

Tea

Plain Jello

Popsicles

Sodas

Plain broth Soup

Plus three slim fast shakes, or equivalent (I use locarb, it has 20 grams of protein)

10 8oz glasses of Water each day (this is the worst part for me)

Approaching my 1 year anniversary. Banded October 4, 2010. Wishing all new October bandsters the best of luck. You can do this. jake

I am a OLD October Bandster. October 31, 06.

My group has all gone there own ways I guess.

So mind if this old veteran pops in every now and the.....

Let me know, Shirley.