Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stopped losing weight...???

I had my surgery 7/7---was 234 the week before. Today is September 12, 2011 and to date I am down to 212. I WAS 208, but for some reason after my first fill in late August, I stopped losing weight and now I have gained back some. I am beyond upset. I don't feel any difference...never feel full and it feels like since I did get the fill, I've gone backwards in my progress. I want to cry. I didn't go through all of this to gain weight back! It took me a year to get accepted through insurance and I had a hard time after surgery with nausea. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I do the Protein Shake in the morning and I was having yogurt and maybe chicken at night. The doc who gave me the fill said not to have so much liquids. Plus,( and the only reason why I bring this up is because it might be a factor) I have not had a menstrual cycle SINCE my surgery. Now I am 49, but still....could this be why? I really hope there is someone out there who has an answer for me...plus I need to find lap band support groups out in Suffolk. I live in Bayport.

Thank you to ANYONE who can help....:rolleyes:

are you exercising? and it almost sounds like you are not eating enough. How much Water are you drinking? There are a lot of factors that play into weight loss. Let us know...

i don't think you are eating enough. i have a Protein shake every morning as i am not hungry in the mornings. for lunch, i have some Protein such as tuna or chicken or egg salad on lettuce leafs, with some tomatoes. for dinner, i eat protein with veggies and maybe some Pasta. before bed, i do have a yogurt or some ff pudding. i drink liquids throughout the day.

Don't get down on yourself! YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Look at what you've lost girlie! Everyone loses at a different pace, don't beat yourself up cause you're not keeping up with those who drop it fast. You made a good decision, and you're being proactive! Be proud!

It sounds to me like it's not enough food, too. And don't drink so much? wth! I drink 60+ oz of Water a day.

Try nixing the yogurt and eating meat instead. Yogurt (even the sugar free) has a ton of carbs. My dr has me under 30g carbs per day, and when i slip and eat something carb-laden that i shouldn't, i see it. My body is very sensitive to them, and your might be too. Can't hurt to try!

Also, you haven't had a cycle since surgery, this is another factor that's probably messing with you. Female hormones...they get us every chance they get :) Week of my period i lose nothing, then week after i drop 3-4lb overnight. Have you considered that maybe you're starting menopause? That will most definitely affect your Water weight.

If you're doing everything right, and the scale goes up, just remember it's water weight. You're not going to gain weight if you're not eating too much or the wrong foods. It's...lol ghost weight! Playing with your head. I'd also suggest you back off the scale. once a month, once every two weeks at most.

i hth, don't lose faith. if you need someone to talk to you're welcome to contact me!

I agree with the others that you are not eating enough. Also, I don't understand why your doctor would tell you to not drink so much. I drink 64 oz of fluids a day, which is recommended for any weight loss plan. Also, I only eat 2 grams of sugar per entree and it has done wonders for me. That is what my nutritionist advised. Talk to a good nutritionist and see what you can change. You will lose eventually, although, I know it is disheartening at this point, but don't give up!!!!!! Right now I am at a place where I have only lost 1 lb in the last month, so I am revising things to get started again. Do not give up, fight!!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches