Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bumped up.. is that so wrong?

I too was banded Aug 31st and I'm counting the ays till I can TRY to eat normal foods! All of the pains mentioned (on the left side and all) I've had and still get! I have tried to continue the liquids the best that I can, but I have had some Soups at SMALL servings!! I am having a hard time adjusting to no beverages while eating!! Long story short, I've come to realize THIS IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!! for all of us! Is going to take time and work! I'm happy to be feeling better, adjusting to my new lifestyle and NOT hearing ANY negative feedback no matter who it may be from. It's up to you as an individual to make this TOOL work! If we want good results, we need to apply ourselves to the best that we can! Good luck!

Well I'll put my two cents in....

January makes two years out for me. As of today I have lost 107lbs, at normal BMI..my weight is close to your goal (153). I eat relatively healthy just mostly Protein and small portions. I fit in my daily sugar free or no sugar added ice cream (don't necessarily follow my lead). I still have a cookie or a piece of chocolate(don't "normal" people?) I just don't indulge every day. I also work out consistently which helps me fit into my 8's(thank you very much). I do keep a pretty restricted band but I eat several times a day. I went to my dr today for a UGI(a little bit of heartburn and his normal thing to do two years out) My band has not slipped, in perfect position just was draining the barium a pinch slow, so I opted for a .2 removal. I have 10CC in mine. Heartburn not so bad now. Did I follow my drs orders? Somewhat...his was never finite....I did what my mind and body said I could...I still do. But do I "heed" his advce, sure thing...sometimes very carefully but you still knows what works for you. I was eating scrambled egg whites in my full liquid phase (when I could eat eggs) I told him, he said it was fine..you know what you can or cannot do.

But then I can understand what Elcee is saying. Drs are there to help you...it is smarter to take their advice and follow it.....you will have your whole life to eat solid foods and while it is difficult now...so is obesity. You are going to have to take control over what you are feeling, whether it is hunger or your head and decide what is best for you. I don't think that you were trying to validate your choices but if you were you need to be confident in the choices that you make whether its food or life in general. If you make poor ones and post them, expect the feedback. But I honestly think that you are doing fine(even though you may not be following your drs orders) and since your not and something goes wary...then you at least have something to reflect on.

My dr told me today to stay on liquids for a few days but he knows that I never do. I know my body. I have had a cookie from Whole Foods, some chicken noodle Soup from Whole Foods with a half of a an avocado chopped in it...I made shepherds pie for dinner and at a cup of that and a cup of sugar free ice cream...I feel fine. And this would be similiar to my normal daily routine. But say I started getting stuck once I left and I had not followed his advice...then I have no fault to blame but my own.

SLD21.. I am glad to hear from you! I try stuff and if I have an issue I stop. I am mostly doing full liquids again, and I plan to stick to that till Wednesday, when I can switch to pureed foods for real. :) I am trying REALLY HARD to "blow off" the growling and the pain the growling gives me.. it is not easy, but I have been doing it. I do eat (drink) stuff that is healthy.. Right now I am enjoying a V-8 type drink. I am missing out on the fresh veggies from the garden though, and that makes me sad. :(

I am a little nervous about my visit to my Doctor tomorrow... it is my 1st one and I dunno what is going to happen.. I see where others put it was their 1st fill, so I am guessing that will be the same for me... :/

I plan on working hard to stick to the plan.. but at times.. I just have to try.. It that makes me bad.. well then I guess I am bad then lol

Hoping to jump this 10lb hump that I am on... I have only lost 10.. BUT I have not GAINED ANY!! :)

Hi all here is my 2 cents, i come from a background of drug addiction. I had 2 weeks of Clear Liquids followed by a week of full liquids and a week of pureed foods. I knew that the clear liquids was going to b hard but I saw it as what it is, detox. When you are detoxing cheating puts you back farther in the process. It relieves the cravings for the moment but just like the alcoholic who takes a drink it just put more of the stuff in your system you are trying to clear out. Let your body detox. You will find that sugar and starch has less of a hold on you and you start off with more weight loss. Full liquids and mushies showed me my triggers. Sweets, which I don't really like, trigger binges. I prefer pot roast to chocolate cake but I've never eaten a whole pot roast at one sitting while I have eaten a whole chocolate cake (not since being banded though). Strange how that works. The good thing is that if you go through it you get to the otherside and it gets better. The best part is that you don't get the DTs with food withdrawal. And part of going through it is that you learn how not to eat when you are bored or anxious or whatever.

@ Sistersue. WOW I have to say I hear what you are saying!! :D

I have found that sweets are not so exciting anymore. :P

I am not craving pop, ice cream, cake, Cookies, and such anymore. Also, I am not thrilled about chips, breads, popcorn and the like either. I LOVE IT! :lol:

I would much rather eat steamed broccoli, Brussels sprouts and other veggies over all that..

I am craving fruits as well...

I had my follow up today, and the Doctor said that I am doing great! I have lost 11lbs. and he said no fill needed at this time. I am to come back in 4 more weeks. So on the 18th of October I go back (unless I am still loosing then I can push it out further he said).

He approved me to move onto pureed and soft foods. He said that everything looks great and I even told him all the stuff I did with my trying foods and he said that was fine.

Today I had my 1st "real" lunch and I ate 3oz. of food and I am still not hungry and it has been over 2 hours now.

I am in such a super good mood today!!! :D

*doing a happy dance*:bananapowerslide:

I am not an expert on lapband and I'm only 18 days post op. However, my 6 months of pre op therapy allowed me to be educated and educate myself on the lap band. What I found during my research is that a HUGE majority of lap band patients who have complications is because the patient (not the doctor) did not follow directions. I think you should follow whatever plan your surgeon has given you. It's a short amount of time to follow instruction. I'm glad for you that you have not had any issues thus far.

Hi Bunny, I dreamed about pureed chicken salad the night before I got to move to mushies! Full on dreamed I was eating. It was so nice.