Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heaviness feeling in throat to stomach

6 days post op. I'm getting this weird feeling. Seems like it goes from my throat to deep In my stomach. Kind of feels like alot of air. I'm not exactly sure what this strange feeling is. Maybe it could be cause I still having a little trouble burping really good. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Does it feel like someone is sitting on ur chest? Doctor told me is was due to drinking fast and/or I was full.. I got banded aug 19th 2011

No it doesn't feel like someone is on my chest. Kind of feels like I'm swallowing alot of air or something. It just comes and goes, I don't have to be eating or drinking anything for it to happen. Idk. I need to have a good burp feels like but I just can't do it completely :(

You're probably still full of gas from surgery. It helps to walk a little bit, and if you need to lay down lie on your left side (it helps move things along since your digestive system is on the left side). Some Gas X may help too. The gas pain is the worst part of recovery, and no amount of pain meds will help it go away! I remember my first good burp after surgery...it never felt so good to let out a good belch! LOL!

6 days post op. I'm getting this weird feeling. Seems like it goes from my throat to deep In my stomach. Kind of feels like alot of air. I'm not exactly sure what this strange feeling is. Maybe it could be cause I still having a little trouble burping really good. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

me too! i'm a week today! and i know it's all the extra gas from the surgery, however, i've used malox,gas x, heating pads, walking ect and no relief! i can't burp! it's like it just stops in my throat...so annoying. i just want to be able to burp like normal! the good news seems to be that what we are experiencing is at least somewhat common, and will subside over time. let me know if/when it gets better for you! good luck!

Two weeks post op and I feel great. Don't feel that pressure anymore and I can burp a little easier. I can surely say that everything gets better day by day!!!!! I actually feel like myself again! Yay! Now just ready for this 50 pounds to fall off!!

Two weeks post op and I feel great. Don't feel that pressure anymore and I can burp a little easier. I can surely say that everything gets better day by day!!!!! I actually feel like myself again! Yay! Now just ready for this 50 pounds to fall off!!

YAY! this makes me so happy to hear! today is even better than yesterday! are you able to burp like normal now? mine seems to only stay in my throat still...how are you doing on soft foods? i too am looking for 50lbs to melt away:) cheers to our new journey!

Piig, I can burp somewhat normal. Not 100% though. It is getting alot better and easier. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. The pressure is nit really there though. I'm doing great on soft foods. Dr said I can move to reg foods next week. I have never had any nausea and am able to keep everything down. Hopefully I can say the same once I get my first fill. Good luck on your journey as well. Have u lost any weight so far?

Piig, I can burp somewhat normal. Not 100% though. It is getting alot better and easier. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. The pressure is nit really there though. I'm doing great on soft foods. Dr said I can move to reg foods next week. I have never had any nausea and am able to keep everything down. Hopefully I can say the same once I get my first fill. Good luck on your journey as well. Have u lost any weight so far?

good for you on getting back to "your old self". i actually have lost some weight! i was put on a 2 week pre-op diet (atkins style) and that took off a majority of the weight i've lost. funny how the diet before was the most productive weight loss i'd had in a while:) i weighed on tuesday (1 week) and i have lost 21lbs total...14 of that was pre-op. i feel like i can see the majority of the weight loss in my chest and face because my belly is still nice and jolly! it was so big the first few days i just looked pregnant. i haven't exactly decided what my goal weight should be since i don't know how i'll feel as i lose the weight, but i initially was hoping to lose 50lbs. if you need any support feel free to give me a shout, seems like we're both on the same track!

Congrats on your weight loss!!! I only lost ten pounds on the pre op diet and gained a few back since I have been eating solids:(

I hate that soooo much but that seems to happen to many. I can't wait for that first fill cause right now I'm doing it by myself. And I understand what you're talking about regarding right after surgery. My tummy was super firm and swollen. Sooo glad that it has gone down. :)

Will def kit!! Can't wait for us to both get to our healthier gosls

Goals