Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Wants to Walk

Marcelle,

Exactly how far north are you? I am not too far from 95 and would be willing to meet ya at a park or something halfway?

Well, actually i'm kinda close to 95. I would say about 10 min away from it. Where is the point, and what is TOPS anyway? Teresa said something about it in her earlier post, but if you guys are just going on the weekends I can join ya. I have a car. I'll just strap the little guy in and keep on truckin. Hey if I can go to the mall and do that, then I can meet you guys. Let me know when and where next time if you're walking on the weekend, now I'm kinda slow, and I don't want to hold you all up or anything, but I'm willing to go.:clap2:

Marcelle you are now where from us. We walk together when the weather is really nice like it was this weekend. WOW it was beautiful. Haines Point is East Potomac Park near the Lincoln Memorial in DC. It is 3 miles around and there is no turning back. We have been doing it in about 1 hour. We walked at the track on Sunday and that might be better if you are walking with the baby in the stroller, that way you can stop if necessary or 3 miles is too much.

TOPS Taking Off Pounds Sensibly is a weight loss support group that I love. I tell everyone with weight issues about them because it is a place you can go where everyone can relate to your weight issues. 5 of us from MD belong to TOPS now, it can't hurt anything. Check out the website, just search for TOPS for you local chapter. $23 a month and $3 a month in for dues, first visit is free because you are a visistor and you can join after that is you like.

I have been reading some of this thread are you all posting here to each other when you walk or are you actually meeting in person and walking together? I would love to have a virtual walking partner here to report to daily. I walk on the treadmill on cold days but am starting to go to our local walking park. Any one interested in being my online virtual walking partner? We could report to each other when we walk and encourage each other. I live in East TN so I was not sure if you all were meeting in person to walk or just in cyberspace.

Hi Ethel.

We do both. I have a disfunctional schedule so I'm not able to walk w/the group all the time. So I usually do some type of walking on my own during the wk (walk to work, from work, at lunchtime) and meet up w/the group on the weekends. Like this past wkend, Sat. we walked the park (3 miles) and Sun. we walked the school track (3 miles).

Since our schedule doesnt permit us to walk together all the time, I guess this is a virtual walking support group. Sure you can join us so come on in and post your progress:)

$23 a month and $3 a month in for dues

What is wrong with my grammer.....:) you will be in for it with Pat is you don't pay your $3.

Hey Ethel like Sasha said we do both. Come on in a post your walking, it is encouraging to see what everybody is doing. I would like to be out in the sun right now walkinig. I can see the beautiful sun from this window.:clap2:

Thanks ladies for explaining, I realized after I had posted that the thread was part of a Maryland state forum (oops sorry for not noting that before) Thanks for the invite. I will post here with you all as I need all the extra encourgment I can get as I have been plateaued for SOOOOO long now.

In case you want to, you can check out how far I am walking daily, (Link is below),There is a "walk across America" map site where I log on every time I walk and the goal is to Walk across America with the map starting in San Francisco CA, and ends in Washington DC, covering a total of 2,830 miles. As I enter your workouts, check back to this map to see how far I have traveled! Let's hope I don't make any detours on the way to Washington! I really need silly stuff like this to keep me motivated! Hey whatever helps I say.....sad I gotta play mind games with myself...

Walk across America Log - Daily Walking chart http://www.fitnessjournal.org/map/?see=scrappyethel

Oh that sounds too cute. I will check out your journal. You are more then welcome to MD, it not an exclusive club.

:drum: :drum: Hey I heard about all the wonderful weight loss EVERYBODY HAD!!!!! :first: :wow2: :hug: :hug:

You GUYS ROCK!!! :hug: :hug: :) :) :waytogo:

I THINK I NEED TO JOIN TOPS TOO!!! :waytogo: :huggie: :clap: :clap: :) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! :scales:

:success1: YAY!!!! :welldone: :welldone: :)

:)

:) :lovechoc: --for you Momba

:pound: ......but you said I can have:lovechoc:.......

:third:I would like thank each and everyone of you who have stuck by me through this whole thing. I give thanks to the heavenly father above, my mom, my dad, my whole family. I thank my extended families, all of TOPS all of LBT, especially my MD Support Group and all those who drop in to share their words of wisdom. :blah: I give special thanks to the walking crew LSasha :cheer2: thank you for being such an inspiration loosing so much, eating right, and doing all that walking and coming back to share on the board and making me jelous...I mean inspirinig me. I especially enjoyed having to post my gains after your loses. Thank you to Karen :doh: for bringing our group together and putting up with us regularly and for always bringing us new information and being a friend. Thank you Barbara:gossip: for sharing your OH magazines and coming to the meetings and sharing your journey. :violin: Thank you (turn that music off, I'm not finish) to Kee :cocktail:for showing everyone up when we are out walking by running circles around me, doing all that extra calorie burning stuff and having your hair all cute when I look a mess. Thank you Connie:rockon: for sticking to your liquid diet and coming through your surgery with flying colors. Thanks for walking with me and inviting us into your home...oh yeah and losing a million pounds in a week. Stocky thank you for yelling at me about the :) and eating right. Special thanks to Dr. Moazzaz for poking me in the belly with the big needle and giving me restriction so I can't eat all the stuff I want to. Thank you Band :nono:for holding tight and sticking with me. Thanks for allowing the liquids to go through and rufusing the Pasta again, I really appreciate that slimy stuff and pbs. GO BAND!!! :grouphug:You guys are perverted farts and I love you.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh I forgot to say I lost 4 pounds:knockedou

Yeah 4 lbs. is great. Does sound like the restriction is there in addition to the exercise you have been doing. Dont make me have to come out and start walking with you guys!:)

Good weigh-in results for all. :clap2:That nice weather helped tremendously cuz I get lazy when its cold :rolleyes

Now lets get busy working on next wk results:devious