Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1/2 way to my goal weight!

I started at 232, my goal weight is 150, and I am 191 today. I have lost 41# of the 82# of excess weight. I was banded in December 2010. I haven't lost as fast as many of my fellow December bandsters but I am steadily heading toward my goal weight. :D

I feel and look so much better than I did before surgery.

I am thankful every day for my band!

Joan

I am so happy for you. It truely is an amazing thing to see your body change. I had trouble myself not comparing myself to my fellow March bandsters but it has past and now I am enjoying the journey. You should be proud of yourself. :D

That's awesome, congrats! You're losing "slower" because you probably started at a lower weight than the other December people :)

Awesome, Joan! I am so glad that this fill level is working better for you!

You Rock!!!:party:

I'm so happy for you! You are doing an amazing job! I love that we can rejoice for each other as well as commiserate when needed. I can't wait until you post that you have met your goal! Keep up the good work!!!:D

thanks joan,

I never looked at it that way. I also was banded dec 13/10 I started at 287 im 217 now =70 I want to be 150 that leaves me 67 left !

Thanks for making me look at this in aa diffrent light ;)

I started at 232, my goal weight is 150, and I am 191 today. I have lost 41# of the 82# of excess weight. I was banded in December 2010. I haven't lost as fast as many of my fellow December bandsters but I am steadily heading toward my goal weight. :D

I feel and look so much better than I did before surgery.

I am thankful every day for my band!

Joan

your doing great. Im thivery hard about having the surgery but scared out of my mind. Any advice?

your doing great. Im thivery hard about having the surgery but scared out of my mind. Any advice?

Do you know anyone who has had a band placed? Do you have a band support group where you can talk with bandsters? If not, or even if you do, check out the posts and chat with people on this site. I'd say most are happy they had their band placed. I had a 6 month preop period of dieting and practicing the necessary tools for having a lap band. Like anything in life people's experiences can vary quite a bit.

I am happy I had my band placed. I feel better and am hopeful that I will finally keep my excess weight off. It hasn't been without some struggles. Sometimes I have been too tight and needed to go in to have a bit of Fluid removed. That is what's great about the band, it is adjustable and each individual can have it as tight or loose as they need. I think it's important to live close enough to your band doctor so you can keep your monthly appointments the first year. Follow up is crucial and a lot of people who don't have success with their band are not going in for the recommended follow ups.

I have totally changed the way I eat, I mostly eat Protein and vegetables, Protein shake for Breakfast. I still have some treats, cake, Cookies... but in much smaller amounts. I can eat 1 piece of pizza, I eat the top and the bubbled crust at the rolled end and am quite content. I eat popcorn and chips, just much less than preband. The main thing I can't eat is doughy bread. Toast is OK as well as a tiny amount of noodles and rice.

Only you can decide what is best for you.

Good luck on your journey!

Joan

That is a nice job, and well done ! Doesn't 50/50 Look and sound good ! Your over the HUMP!