Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, I need a formal gown!

Thank you, everyone! I can't believe my luck yesterday! I mapped out all the stores but was so busy that I didn't get to my first stop till 4:30 p.m. Lemme tell ya, David's Bridal in Vegas at closing the month before Valentine's Day was a hoot! I started in Alterations having the green velvet dress analyzed. They could have fixed it for $75.00. Then I tried on a few dresses of the rack. I'm writing from Heaven after ZIPPING UP A SIZE 18! I couldn't breathe in it, but who cares! I actually had a CHOICE of dresses, which is unheard of.

I selected this pretty 2 piece that was on sale for $99.00 from $150.00. They didn't have pens at the register, so I went to my truck and brought 2 huge fistfuls of my leopard & hippy Slumber pens, which they went nuts over and reduce the dress to only $53.00... fifty three!

It's an elegant plum 2 piece (floor length.) It's size 20 so the skirt is a little big. My arms will be completely exposed, which I've never done for a formal event.

I could never have done it without you all. I thought I'd be shopping for a week, so Penni, thanks for being first to recommend David's Bridal. The girls were awesome, and I was done dress shopping in 30 minutes.

post-203981-13813132754721_thumb.jpg

A girl took a pic of me in the size 18 on my cell phone, but I can't figure out how to transfer it to my puter. But I do have proof on my phone! I'm amazed.

I tried sending the pic to my e-mail but it failed! Vines, I won't have to wear evil heels with this dress since it's so long! Now I gotta zip my piehole shut till then so I don't look like a sausage. Now, where does an Amazon get a onezie strapless girdle?

I don't Know if this is on your phone but you have to send it using multi media messages.Then type in the email addy. You can't do it like you are sending a regular text message. If you are doing it the multi media way then I don't know. Invalid destination to me sounds like the email address maybe typed in wrong. I don't know this is where my experstise ends. LOL

Dee, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your face! Finally, someone smiling at us when she posts!

If that size 18 is still at David's Bridal next week, I'm buying it just for sport. Heck, if I can get in an 18, I'll dress formal to work!

Why isn't there a pic of you in the dress you bought? DeLarla queen of pictures and not even one single shot of you in a fab dress that you got for a steal? ~Mandy

Yeah, Lisa. Let's see you IN the dress... We want dress rehearsal shots, NOW. None of that 'waiting for the event' crap, ok?

But it's real purty - talk about motivation to stay on plan...

:]

Geeze, you all know how shy I am!

I need a shower first, fair? I've been cleaning, and then walked the dogs and hiked. I need to get to the gym, too.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Great dress, now we want pictures of u in it damn it....Lol

Sorry but I had to take a break in the crazy day to go see Brokeback Mountain. First time in 10 years I had popcorn with no butter (ate 1/2 a medium bag though.) Hubby's whining that I haven't spent time with him, but I really want to get my flabby arms to the gym so I gotta drug him n' sneak out. Can't someone just crop my face into the dress?