Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Infection a month after surgery?

I had the normal 4 tiny incisions and 1 "large" incision when my band was placed a month ago. The incisions have all healed nicely, but over the past few days I have noticed that there is a red area around my large incision. It's a bit puffy, and a bit sore, and warm when I touch it. I called my surgeon's office today and they want me to come in tomorrow to have it checked out.

I'm just a little confused because the actual incision was all healed up nicely, so it's not like I have an open wound. I'm confused as to how I could have an infection that shows up AFTER the wound is closed.

Anyone have any thoughts, or did anyone else deal with this? I'm a little worried because my first fill is scheduled in a week. I'm hoping that won't have to get delayed if there really is an infection.

I had that happen about 2 weeks after surgery. I thought it was infected. There was a big red puffy circle around my port incision and it was warm to touch.

When they saw me, they said that it wasn't infected. That in some people that's just what happens as the port settles into the abdominal wall. My doctor didn't treat it and it went away completely in a couple of days. You may be just fine. I've never had a problem with my port.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cindy

I had that happen about 2 weeks after surgery. I thought it was infected. There was a big red puffy circle around my port incision and it was warm to touch.

When they saw me, they said that it wasn't infected. That in some people that's just what happens as the port settles into the abdominal wall. My doctor didn't treat it and it went away completely in a couple of days. You may be just fine. I've never had a problem with my port.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cindy

Huh... interesting. Mine keeps changing from bright pink-y red and puffy to looking less puffy and sort of yellowy bruise-like... but then the red comes back late in the day or the next morning. I'm all sorts of confused wink.gif

Well, the PA said she doesn't know if it's an infection or just some liquid that hadn't been absorbed yet. She gave me antibiotics just in case and I'm keeping my fill appointment for next week. Unfortunately if it it's not cleared up by then, they won't give me a fill :(

It happend to me. I had to take antibiotics and postpone my first fill. I dont think it was an infection but my Dr. said lets not take any chances. Love him so much. Any way it healed wonderfuly and the fill came the next month. Good luck I hope it workes out for you like it did for me.

3/11/10

I have red, warm to the touch circles around each incision that itch horribly. I was told that it was an allergic reaction to the skin adhesive they used.

Milly

Just click on any ones ticker. It will take you to the site and set up your password and create your ticker I like ticker factory

I had something similar a couple weeks post surgery. My incision actually opened a tiny bit when I leaned forward one day and a bunch of liquid came out. Freaked me out to say the least. I was seen at my doctors office and it was not infected it was just a pocket of fluids and is not all that rare. They simply cleaned it up and checked everything over and when that area healed over on the surface all has been fine since. I needed no meds or anything. I will hope the same for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches