Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to have my surgery June 22. I have a two part question. I was wondering during the pre-op diet, (two weeks before surgery) you are just on Meal Replacement drinks and the 300 cal meal per day then strickley on meal replacement one week prior, do the Meal Replacements fill you up, or do you get really hungry?

Every doctor is different...my doctor has me just on Protein Shakes for two weeks.

I didn't have to do the pre-op liquid diet, but after surgery my first week was 3 Protein Shakes a day, and other than that Clear Liquids. I only got hungry on the 7th day, my last day of clear liquids. Before that my stomach was so swollen that I wasn't hungry at all.

For my surgeon, he asked that I go on a full liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery. The rule was: If it's thicker than whole milk, you can't have it. I am on day 6 of my liquid diet (I am being banded on 5/16!!!). They want me to have at least 60g of Protein each day, and said that I needed to find a Protein Shake that has at least 20g of Protein and less than 9g of Sugar. I went to GNC and found a pre-made shake called "GNC Total Lean". It has 25g of Protein and only 2g of sugar! I love chocolate, so I got the chocolate one. It pretty much tastes like chocolate milk. I have found that I am only able to drink about 1/2 of one at a time, and then I am full. I will save the other half for later in the day.

I am also allowed to eat Soups (very very thin soups). I have been buying Campbells Soup at Hand. They are pretty good, and 1 container is more than enough to hold me. They also suggested cream of ____ Soups, thinned with milk (Cream of chicken, mushroom, etc... 1 can plus 1 cup of milk makes it the perfect consistency... I sometimes add garlic or something to make it tastier). I have been really sticking to drinking my Water (which I am SOOO not usually a fan of). My fiance actually found a Water flavoring thing that I have fallen in love with! It's called MIO, and is in the same section as Crystal Light and such (in my store, anyway). I doesn't have any calories, sugar or anything. I love it! I will post a link with both the MIO and the GNC shake at the end. I have not been hungry at all. Now, don't get me wrong, if someone were to sit in front of me with a cheeseburger, I might just steal it from them... but it's more because I know I can have it than because I am hungry.

One thing that I have noticed is that... I want something to CHEW. So to keep myself from cheating, I have starting keeping a cup of ice chips... idk, probably a mental thing, but not having anything to crunch on for a week is hard! I have lost 8 pounds since Tuesday, and the amount of energy I have is UNBELIEVABLE! It's amazing how changing what you put IN your body can do!

This is the shake:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4179707&clickid=prod_cs

And the water flavoring (it comes in TONS of flavors... I like fruit Punch):

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYMLS0Vly8BEv7CErk_oLaO1wC8PaSJZz7-4WbeF3I-tgRY0h0Ng

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me!

Also, follow my BLOG at http://thepokylittlecupcake.blogspot.com/