Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Moday! I am Tracie, 35 years old and live in NEW YORK (had to do it in caps too!). I am married to my best friend for almost 2 years and we have an almost 2 year old boy. I am the director of a Boys & Girls Club and I love my job. I decided tohave lapband surgery because I have struggled with my weight my whole life and want to be healthy and have another child. We got pregnant easily with my son but I have gained over 50lbs since he was born and been having issues.

I had my surgery on 3/8. I am about a month out and have lost 30lbs so far. I am so happy with the numbers going down! I have been starving the last week or so. I am trying really hard to make good choices but everyday is a struggle. I go back to my Dr. on 4/21 and I hope I can get a fill to see if that helps. I 've bene using this site to get support or just ot keep busy when I want to eat. I've been trying to get out and walk a few times a week. I also just got a personal trainer that i will start with on 4/25. Can't wait!

Good luck to everyone! I hope your weight loss journey is all that you dreamed it to be!

I'm Trish. I'm 40 years old and live in Longview, TX. I am married and have a 16 year old son who just got his driving permit :blink: . I was a photographer for 12 years, a newspaper reporter for 6 and got my BS in Criminal Justice for forensic psychology a few years ago. I am a licensed chemical dependency counselor intern and am currently staying at home and working on me.

I have been over weight all of my life but generally enjoyed it because it seemed to keep certain mean people away from me and those that knew me were my closest friends. I am short (5'11"), opinionated, friendly, funny, a hard worker, and a very compassionate person. I have had a really good life until about 8 years ago when my mother committed suicide. My baby sister tried, my brother broke his neck, two grandfather's and a grandmother died, my best friend's mother died, and my first husband walked out on me. Since that time I have done a lot of soul searching and decided no body can take care of me like me and it was time for me to start. I get up each day now and spend some time with my lord, then I do some house cleaning and it's off to exercise. I've decided that I really enjoy exercising and it's not nearly as bad as I thought. I'm not sure what I will do on my next phase of my journey but I sure am enjoying the one I am on now. I was banded on 2/23/11 and have had one fill and am scheduled for another one on 4/25. Not sure I need it but am looking forward on finding out. So far, I am down 32 lbs and am feeling great.

I'm Tricia. I am 41 years old. Another NEW YORKER!! I am married 10 years and have a 4 year old son. Battled wieght all my life! My turnaround moment came when my mother passed 2 1/2 years ago from eventual complications from diabetes. I realized I did not want to be like me mom, who was ill for so many years. Diabetes also runs in my family. I have a 4 year old that I need to live and be there for. So I was so grateful to be given the chance to do this surgery. Best thing I ever did! I feel better and am starting to look better. I still have a ways to go, but I am headed in the right direction.

HI all, nice to meet you! My name is Elizabeth and I am 45 years old. I live in Washington State with my 2 cats and I have one adult (and I use the term loosely) son who will be 21 in June.

We moved to Washington from Illinois when I was 2, so this is the place that has always been home for me. I was banded on 3/16 and just had my first fill today. I now have 5.4 cc's in a 14cc band.

I am in management in the corporate and charter aviation industry. I love gardening, cooking and home improvement projects. I now feel like I am writing a singles ad so I will stop before I start talking about moonlit walks and picnics in the park. LOL

Hi all,

Im Stacey. Im 30yrs old, an Army wife, and I have two boys. A super 8 yr old, and a terrible-riffic wink.gif 2 yr old!! I was banded on April 12th! Im still hungry!! Is that just me?

My hubby is currently in Afghanistan, but he comes home May 3rd. While he has been deployed I have been living in the TEXAS hill country town of Fredericksburg, and I love it!! Like alot of other people too, I have a weenie dog. But she is an interesting kind of girl, she is part black lab too, so I call her my "labraweenie" She looks just like a black lab with short stumpy legs and a longer than usual belly. She is also about 35lbs, so a little bigger than your average weenie. She ROCKS!!

I am on day 7 post op, and like I said above, im still hungry! I am into mush phase now, and am thinking that the mushies that im choosing may not be Protein rich enough? I go for my first post opp appt tomorrow, so I will ask them then, but if any of you guys have any advice to a newbie bander? I am losing weight! I have lost about 6lbs since surgery, so im not complaining about that, just the hunger!

I am one of those with the "weight loss charm braclet" I get a charm for every 10lbs. Today I officially gave myself my first charm, and its a pretty James Avery cross. I want the braclet to tell the story of this journey for me, and I was gonna get a charm shaped like the state of TX because this is where my journey has started, but when I got into the store, I changed my mind, and remembered that my journey really started with me laying on the bed crying, and asking God to please help me (this was back in January) SoI decided that I would give my first props to him, since he helped me out ;) !! Yay God!!

Thats about it for me! Thanks for starting such an awesome thread!!

Hi! My name is Carlie I am 35, I live in Columbus OH originally from RI, moved to Ohio with my huband when he finished up his Navy Commitment. We have been married 6 years on the 23rd of April. No kids yet for us, we have struggled with infertility for many years now. We are approved for an OPEN ADOPTION and are patiently waiting for a Birthmother to choose us. I am a medical bill reviewer for a workers compensation 3rd party administrator.

We travel back and fourth to RI frequently to see my family. We have a amazing Goddaughter her name is Biannca she is 3 and is perfect.

I choose lap band after struggling with my weight for many years, we are also hoping that maybe loosing weight will bring us a miracle (even though my infertility is due to uterus issues)

I am scheduled for surgery May 4 and I am nervous but excited :)

Here is our adoption site if anyone would like to check us out, also there is a like button below our main picture if you could click that it gets our profile scene more.

http://iheartadoptio...rs/billyncarlie

I have enjoyed reading all of these replies and it feels nice to know a litt bit about all of you wonderful people. but to you Carlie - yours went right to my heart. as years ago, we adopted my son - and I always tell everyone that is adopting - - (I have 2 children - 24 year old daughter & 18 year old son) ... my heart does not know the difference between the two. Adoption is a true blessing and I wish you all the luck in this process.

I have been married for 28 years to my husband Jim. I've worked for the same company for 40 years!!! - yikes and I am 58 years old.

I am Valerie,i am 39 going on 40 in July the 12th to be exact I am here in Texas because my husband is stationed here. Born raised Californian. husband is going back to Iraq this year for 4th deployment. I hate it. I gained all my weight waiting by the computer to hear form my husband. food Delivery was the easiest i didn't have to leave my house and miss a call. I have a diploma in Forensic Science, and Private Invest. I am taking Criminal Justice for my AS. I study just as a hobby. I know what a nerdy right lol. I don't work. I have no kids. I can't have kids tried invitro it didn't work. 10 grand was too much to try again :(.

Lapband hmm i lost 30 lbs in the first 2 weeks and nothing since. i have been going up and down. yes its my fault cause i have a food addiction and lapband is just a tool. if i can fix my brain to shut the hell up maybe ill lose weight. i think once my hubby is back in iraq. my husband is in the infantry here at ft hood. it might help my diet. i can wish. its nice to meet you all

I have loved reading about each of you. We are all so different and so much alike too. I wish you all the best of luck on this journey. Thank you to all the Military wives and moms for your sacrifice for this country!! Also there are a lot of Texans on here me included.

Cheri