Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 weeks pregnant and eating ALL the time

I am a little over 8 weeks pregnant and I am eating ALL the time. I mean - every hour or 1 1/2 or so. If I am not eating I am drinking - it is so frustrating. If I don't eat, I will get really nausea and lightheaded (it feels like an out of body experience). I have tried a bunch of different things, such as Protein Drinks or milk as 'snacks' but it only last about 15-20 min. Then I have to eat again. Eating has become such a chore - I have also noticed that I am able to eat A LOT more. I am wondering if anyone else has gone thru this and what did they do? Should I have a complete unfill or what? I was super heavy with my first child (I was high risk because of my weight) and gained a lot of weight with her as well and I am so scared this time. Help! I need some advice.

I am 9 weeks today and having the same issue. Not only am I eating almost constantly in order to avoid the nausea but I am grossed out by almost everything healthy! This is my second pregnancy and with my daughter I ate a lot but I ate salad, veggies, etc. I only gained 15 pounds that entire pregnancy. This one has been completely different all I want is junk food and I want it CONSTANTLY. LOL!!

I have been able to tolerate fruits and crackers so I've been buying whole wheat, light crackers. I guess the trick is to find something (anything) that you can eat a lot of and that's not too unhealthy. Light cottage cheese and apple sauce have helped me too but you really need to see what works for YOU.

My morning Protein drink has been lasting at least 3 hours. Maybe you could try it, its Protein powder (vanilla or carnation vanilla works too), some Peanut Butter, half a banana, low fat milk and some ice. This morning it lasted about 4 hours which was a big help.

As far as the unfill, I can't help you there. I had a complete unfill at 6 weeks because as soon as I got pregnant I became unbearably tight and could barely drink Water. I went to my surgeon for them to take some out and turns out it was their policy that for pregnancy they take ALL of it. It has helped me feel a lot better though so I can't complain.

My big fear is gaining a ton of weight with this pregnancy!! I hope that once we are past the 1st trimester this crazy nausea will pass and we will be able to eat more like normal people.

I'm only 4.5 weeks pregnant and suddenly hungry all the time! I haven't had an unfill and have no idea why I'm suddenly so hungry all the time.

Hi Guys,

i'm not pregnant but planning on getting pregnant. Can you see the port? I'm so nervous about it! I don't want people asking me. I'm a very private person. Good luck!

Once I lost a lot of weight you could sometimes see my port even before I was pregnant. I haven't had any problems with my port, but I am only 17 weeks pregnant. I have heard of some women who have port pain in their 3rd trimester.

Once I lost a lot of weight you could sometimes see my port even before I was pregnant. I haven't had any problems with my port, but I am only 17 weeks pregnant. I have heard of some women who have port pain in their 3rd trimester.

Does your port stick out to the point people are asking you what it is? I'm nervous because not a lot of people know I had this done and I don't want to tell them. I'm just a private person.....

Hi ladies. I am 7 weeks pregnant and eating constantly. I am able to eat a lot more than usual too. I still have some restriction, but not like before I was pregnant. I'm also EXTREMELY bloated. I don't remember having this problem during my 1st pregnancy. The eating constantly-yes, but not the bloating. I'm wondering how you ladies are doing now that you are further along?

Hi! I feel ya i am either 8-10 weeks we have to do an us to find out where.. i had two periods in a 3 week frame:) And all i do is eat now, but the nausea KILLS ME. AND the Vitamins, teh dr finally took me off my prenatal because of the band. How are you doing? If you wanna talk my email is ndeg21@yahoo.com, its kinda nice finding a lap band person with the same due date month as me. I feel so alone cause all my pregnant friends have no idea im banded first off and dont get why my pregnancy is so different food wise.

Hi ladies. I am 7 weeks pregnant and eating constantly. I am able to eat a lot more than usual too. I still have some restriction, but not like before I was pregnant. I'm also EXTREMELY bloated. I don't remember having this problem during my 1st pregnancy. The eating constantly-yes, but not the bloating. I'm wondering how you ladies are doing now that you are further along?

Hi ladies!! I am 11 weeks pregnant and had to have 2cc removed from my band today because of the nausea. I am devastated and do not want to gain weight but do want a healthy baby. I'm so glad to find others who are going through this as none of my friends or family can understand. My email is txnursemelissa@yahoo.com if you want to talk.

I am gaining too...I am eating more often 15 pounds since October of last year. I have gained about 8 during the pregnancy. I am 12 weeks with twins. I am freaking out too ,much???

I wouldn't worry about it too much. For one, you are having twins. You are going to gain weight! Try to eat foods that are good for you, and don't stress too much. If you aren't dealing with morning sickness, perhaps getting a SLIGHT fill might help keep you in control? Sounds like you could have used one before you got pregnant if you were gaining? I say talk to your OB and your surgeon and see what they have to say.

Remember, the health of your babies is your top concern. You can always lose the weight again later. Stay healthy!

I am 18 weeks and so far no problems. Well... Breakfast at times is a bit hard but I blame that on being lazy and not chewing. As I get bigger my port is getting pushed out but nothing I can see. Nothing hurts and other then breakfast, its business as usual. The Dr said unless there are problems I should just leave my band alone. I am a lucky one, I had very little nausea and no vomiting. My Dr did say most people have a good experience with the band and pregnancy. I wish everyone the best of luck. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. The Dr will let you know if your nutrition is lacking but like I was told, most women do very well with the band.

I am 18 weeks and so far no problems. Well... breakfast at times is a bit hard but I blame that on being lazy and not chewing. As I get bigger my port is getting pushed out but nothing I can see. Nothing hurts and other then breakfast' date=' its business as usual. The Dr said unless there are problems I should just leave my band alone. I am a lucky one, I had very little nausea and no vomiting. My Dr did say most people have a good experience with the band and pregnancy. I wish everyone the best of luck. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. The Dr will let you know if your nutrition is lacking but like I was told, most women do very well with the band.[/quote']

I had the WORST port pain that I even thought possible. No matter which way I sat, laid down, it didn't matter. It started about 8 months into pregnancy. I'm terrified to get prgnant again for this reason. I hope none of y'all experince it. It felt has though the port was taring away from the muscle. It was an intense burning pain, and nothing helps it you deliver.