Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety & 2nd thoughts.

After doing ALOT of research, I have found that reading all of the various opinions in this forum can be very helpful! You definately need to look at both the "problem" posts and the "success" posts. I am definately with one of the earlier posters that said that the band makes them not want bread because it is painful to eat too much! EVERYTHING IN MODERATION! My doctor also suggested working with Overeaters Anonymous or a Psychologist to really be able to cope with the food addictions......the addiction will still be there, even after the band!

Good luck to you! I can say that, even after only 2 weeks, it was definately worth the pain, trouble and all the money (self pay patient!) Don't fall into the trap of weighing yourself every day...that will only discourage you with daily fluctuations! I only weigh monthly.

I agree, the forum has saturated my brain with so much information! The good, the bad, the ugly I read it all lol!! I hesitated on posting my prob, but so glad I did. I'm even more motivated than ever before!

Dr. Marsden and the surgical staff will take very good care of you! Just as long as you are doing this for you, you are making the right decision.

I am so glad that I found you! LOL I really didn't think I would come across someone that went through the same surgeon :)

I am 100% sure that I am ready to do this for myself!

I am so glad that I found you! LOL I really didn't think I would come across someone that went through the same surgeon :)

I am 100% sure that I am ready to do this for myself!

You are going through True Results, right? Just don't get dissapointed if you never see Dr. Marsden again. I've only saw him three times (EGD, surgery, and pre-op appointment). But I guess that's a good thing because if I was seeing my surgeon that would probably mean I was having problems. I got my 1st fill at the Hurst location and they do them under fluro. I now go to the Richardson location because it's closer and they are ALWAYS busy over (it's hard to get an appointment)! They weigh you, get your BP and temp, ask you about what you eat on a typical day, ask you if you have any additonal questions, then fill you up. It's quick and practically painless. Also, be prepared for the pre-op appointment. It was a group setting and I didn't learn anything (waste of time).

You are going through True Results, right? Just don't get dissapointed if you never see Dr. Marsden again. I've only saw him three times (EGD, surgery, and pre-op appointment). But I guess that's a good thing because if I was seeing my surgeon that would probably mean I was having problems. I got my 1st fill at the Hurst location and they do them under fluro. I now go to the Richardson location because it's closer and they are ALWAYS busy over (it's hard to get an appointment)! They weigh you, get your BP and temp, ask you about what you eat on a typical day, ask you if you have any additonal questions, then fill you up. It's quick and practically painless. Also, be prepared for the pre-op appointment. It was a group setting and I didn't learn anything (waste of time).

Oh, I already went to that pre-op appointment in Argyle. I didn't like that too much. All those people packed in the musky smelling waiting room. I was the 2nd one there and the last one to leave. I was really irritated about that lol. That aside, everything is good. Thankfully, I live only 2 exits down the highway from the True Results in Hurst. I'll be getting the surgery done there. What a blessing that it is less than 10 minutes away. Do they use the fluro everytime? That's reassuring. How long were you there for after the surgery? Did they take good care of you?

All these posts are great! I too was going through "cold feet" with my surgery date scheduled 3/28/11. HOWEVER, reading the posts really reaffirmed what I already knew...I need this for me! I've done so much research and put so much work into the process to turn back now. And I can't forget that my daughter is the main reason why I'm doing this. She is my motivation, and I will not allow myself to back down now! So there! Take that anxiety and fear!

Now, time for some zzzz's. Sometimes we read too much...lol

I attended the support group mtg today. I have not gotten a surgery date or had to go through the 2 wk liquid diet. That is the part I am most fearful of. That I will not succeed on the liquid diet. Right now I have been eating as if it is The Last Supper or I am a starving refugee in a 3rd world country.

Have you experienced this. I'm beginning to think that maybe this isn't for me since I have not really curtailed my eating habits.

Oh, I already went to that pre-op appointment in Argyle. I didn't like that too much. All those people packed in the musky smelling waiting room. I was the 2nd one there and the last one to leave. I was really irritated about that lol. That aside, everything is good. Thankfully, I live only 2 exits down the highway from the True Results in Hurst. I'll be getting the surgery done there. What a blessing that it is less than 10 minutes away. Do they use the fluro everytime? That's reassuring. How long were you there for after the surgery? Did they take good care of you?

I am not sure if they use fluro every time. I only went there for my first fill and they did it that time. I know that the Richardson office doesn't do it at all. I wasn't there long at all. I remember waking up and being in excruciating pain and the nurse telling me it was going to be okay and she gave me some medicine. I got up walked around a little and she gave me some Water. I was so freakin groggy and she helped me put my clothes on (hope you're not shy). She also showed me how to use the thing you breathe in every hour or so (forget what it's called) and they gave me a chance to ask any questions. All in all quality of care was good and they gave me a follow-up call the next day. Just as much as you're ready to go home that's about as much as they're ready to get you out of there. I would probably say no longer than 30 minutes.