Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does decaffeinated tea count as water?

Sure !!!!! It's made out of Water.......

I found a method to their madness of getting in 64oz. a day, and it even blew my surgeon away.

It's to hard to get a 10oz glass of this or a 16oz of that, and keep figuring throughout the day I told him." Really,,, and what do you do that's so special?"

I'll tell you. I take a Ice Tea jar, and fill it every night to the top, Then the next day I make sure I use i/2 of that gallon for my drinks, Soups,shakes anything.

By the evening if it's not 1/2 gone I will take a tall glass and it's done. Then I wash it out and fill it over again for the next day.

Boy ! ! ! was he impressed! He said he was going to suggest that to his patients, to make it easier to monitor their Fluid intake.

Now it's shared with all of you.

Try it, and good luck.

Shirley.

Everything one mixes with Water has cals. Ice tea, coffee, Soup, etc. Water is the only thing with ZERO cals. I'm not trying to be a purist, but water is water.

You are way off base. coffee and tea have no calories- either do flavorings like crystal lite. Also, for you to say people who drink flavored beverages are not taking loosing weight seriously is just ridiculus. Think before you post. Your comment was negative and way off base.

You are way off base. coffee and tea have no calories- either do flavorings like crystal lite. Also, for you to say people who drink flavored beverages are not taking loosing weight seriously is just ridiculus. Think before you post. Your comment was negative and way off base.

I suggest u check fitday.com or myfitnesspal.com. One should check facts before making a statement.

It does. I have an ileostomy and having chemo that causes diaorrhea at the same time so I'm at real risk of dehydration and electroylte imbalance - and my doctors all say tea and coffee count. The only extra thing I've been told to do is make sure I include extra salt on my food and drink some gatorade or similar every day.

It does. I have an ileostomy and having chemo that causes diaorrhea at the same time so I'm at real risk of dehydration and electroylte imbalance - and my doctors all say tea and coffee count. The only extra thing I've been told to do is make sure I include extra salt on my food and drink some gatorade or similar every day.

Sorry to read of your physical problem. I agree that plain old Water doesn't hack it in your case. The point I was trying to make is that counting Soup as Water taken in is ludicrous. And, anything mixed w/water has cals. Just wanted to make people aware that the cals. in gatorade, coffee, tea, etc. should be counted. I'm a golfer who plays by the rules. Can u tell? Lol.....That's all folks.

Water is just that water... You can flavor it with tea, coffee. berries sitting in Water will flavor it, lemon, or lime.

My point was however you use your water through the day, "even if you wanted a packet of instant oatmeal" AND YES THAT IS CALORIES"

the water in the fridge can be used for that, and it counts for your daily intake of water.

Jello, Soups, concentrated juice, "so you can measure" Etc. As long as you add water to it,,, it counts. It just doesn't have to be drank, it needs to be consumed.

Yes Water is cal. free. Black coffee has about 5 cal. So does crystal light. You want to begrudge someone 5 cal? Seriously? Even if all 64 oz of daily liquid had 5 cal per cup that takes us to a grand total of 40 cal. My nut suggests 1200 cal. a day; that gives you 1160 to spend on other food.

Also, my mother always says there's nothing worse than a reformed fat person who now appoints themselves food police of the world.

Yes Water is cal. free. Black coffee has about 5 cal. So does crystal light. You want to begrudge someone 5 cal? Seriously? Even if all 64 oz of daily liquid had 5 cal per cup that takes us to a grand total of 40 cal. My nut suggests 1200 cal. a day; that gives you 1160 to spend on other food.

Also, my mother always says there's nothing worse than a reformed fat person who now appoints themselves food police of the world.

You have a very wise Mother. Tell her from me that I take those words as Gospel...

I hear enough from the no-it-alls, and wannabees. Sometimes you can't help but laugh.

When they say Water, they mean Water. If u r going to cut corners, u may as well give up, 'cause u r not ready to take losing weight seriously.

I have lost more than 100% of my excess weight and have a normal BMI of 24. I dropped 100 pounds in the first year. I would say that means I am taking weightloss seriously. From the day I was banded I have not counted calories. I drink coffee and tea daily since the day I was banded. I guess cutting corners works!

Pick 10 'experts' and none will agree on whether tea or coffee, carbonated beverages, etc. are allowed to count in the daily liquid intake and will come up with 'reasons' why. In the last year there has even been controversy over whether we really need the 8 eight ounce glasses of Water. I mean, really, who comes up with this stuff?

Personally, I find if I drink 64 fl oz of water...whether Decaf tea/coffee, Crystal Lite or water...I feel better. I noticed no difference when I made sure it was all 'water'. Someone else may feel the same with half the liquids. Some may be ok with caffeinated. Some may need more. Listen to your body and do what works for you.

Great advice. If it feels good, do it.

And fitday and myfitnesspal are better than doctors, nutritionists and the mayo Clinic why? Come on, seriously. Think about it. It just takes common sense to know that liquid is liquid. coffee, tea, etc. are just Water with flavor. Even if it's caffeinated it would take a whole lot of caffeine to give enough of diuretic effect to offset the liquid intake. Maybe you should check some facts from dependable sources first.

Sure !!!!! It's made out of Water.......

I found a method to their madness of getting in 64oz. a day, and it even blew my surgeon away.

It's to hard to get a 10oz glass of this or a 16oz of that, and keep figuring throughout the day I told him." Really,,, and what do you do that's so special?"

I'll tell you. I take a Ice Tea jar, and fill it every night to the top, Then the next day I make sure I use i/2 of that gallon for my drinks, Soups, shakes anything.

By the evening if it's not 1/2 gone I will take a tall glass and it's done. Then I wash it out and fill it over again for the next day.

Boy ! ! ! was he impressed! He said he was going to suggest that to his patients, to make it easier to monitor their Fluid intake.

Now it's shared with all of you.

Try it, and good luck.

Shirley.

Shirley,

I do the same thing! Measuring and keeping track of my liquid intake was such a bother! So I took a 64oz. apple juice container after my husband drank his sugary drink :P , and I now fill it up with Brita Water each night. No measuring or keeping track!

And about the water vs. tea thing...if I were asking about Hawaiian Punch or Kool Aid, I'd say I wasn't taking losing weight too seriously. However, steeping a tea bag in water doesn't exactly change the water too much.

Thanks to everyone who came out to give me a supportive opinion...as in nice and positive. I do not mind opinions that aren't what I want to hear because I have learned a lot that way. However, tact and kindness is always appreciated! Thanks for your supportive reply, Shirley!!!

Kelley