Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2006 January Chat

Yep, exercising is the key. I've been trying to stay motivated with that. I have more time now to get on the elliptical or treadmill. So, I have absolutely no excuses for staying off of them. Motivating factor for getting to onderland is that my hubby and I are going to try for a baby this year. I wanted to wait until May though, so that I will have that full year that doctors suggest. And to give me more time to lose more weight so that I'll be healthier and that the pregnancy won't be hard on me. I've just turned 40, so this is it. If I don't get pregnant by the end of this year then that's it, we won't try any more and will take steps for me not to get pregnant. Our last pregnancy, well, we lost the baby at 20 wks, which was tough. We needed to get over that and I needed to get healthier for both the baby and myself before we tried again. I'm hoping, anyway, that by being so much lighter, that it will help ensure a healthy pregnancy. Anyway, it's always very encouraging, seeing what all of you go through..your successes and even your lack of successes. Is there a pregnancy board anywhere, for lapbanders? I haven't really been able to find it. There's a pregnancy board on Obesity Health, but alot of the people there have had RNY, not lapband. Well, looking forward to more of Massachusetts folks posting and seeing what everyone is up to (no pun intended). Hope you all enjoyed the warm weather, even if it's raining...turning to snow. Ugghhh.

Take care!!

Cathy

263/230/155

:peace:

Hi All !

Why haven't I seen this posting before???? I'm from MA and so happy to hear from others in the area. I admit, I get a little jealous when I hear about the other bandsters around the US getting together, having chats, etc. Now we finally have our own !!! Anyway........ I was banded May 23, and have been pretty successful with my band. I have had very little difficulty and would recommend this procedure to anyone who is thinking about WLS. I am helping my 70 year old Dad go through the process and hopefully he will have his surgery in March of this year. I hope the surgery/healing/losing are as smooth sailing as I have had it.

Good to chat with all of you. Off to go warm up my car on this terribly, terribly cold day ! BRRRRRRRRR:welcomeB:

Leah

Hey AAAmom welcome to the thread. I thought it was weird when I got on here that there were no threads from Massachusetts. Thinking to myself...what the heck....there are huge Bariatric Centers all around Boston and no one here. Well Now I'm glad I started a new thread. WELCOME everyone and I'm glad you're here!

Good luck to all not banded and getting ready for it. Congrats to all that are banded and those with a date to be banded :)

Hugs

HI,

I'm from Massachusetts and I'm seriously thinking about going with the Lapband. Can you fellow Mass residents tell me what hospital you got your surgery done at?

Thanks,

Sherri

Hi Sherri, I haven't been banded yet. My banding date is 2/13/06 and I'm having it done at Beth Israel Deconess Medical Center in Boston with Dr. Jones. I started the process December 4th and I'm already set to go. You can check out their website at http://bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?leaf_id=12530 I have nothing but good things to say about the Bariatric team and how I've been treated. They just opened a Bariatric Wing as well which is really cool.

Write me if you'd like more info.

Sherry

Hey fellow MA bandsters -- I haven't been down to this end of LBT in a while b/c there's usually no posts! Boy was I surprised to see all I've been missing! Welcome to the site all you newbies! I, too was banded at BIDMC. My doc was Schneider. I live in Medway -- (close to you Sherry!) which is just inside of 495 a little SW of Boston. I love my band and hope you all do too. If there's any questions I can answer, feel free to PM me or post here...........As far as Protein Shakes go, I like the Designer Protein b/c it has 28 g of protein and I want to get the maximum bang per ounce since post surgery it's like every little drop counts...........It was interesting in the end, I ended up with strawberry and vanilla flavors and never found a chocolate one I liked -- totally not like me! Off to meet the school bus -- I too have twins (and two singletons). I guess my weight gain could pretty much be summed up (sort of) right there -- 4 kids in 5 years...........20lbs, 20lbs, 20lbs...........great checkin in with you guys!

Hi i'm from Ludlow Ma I was Banded at baystate on Dec.30th I am feeling really good and have no pain or problems from the surgery.I am having my first fill tomorrow. I'v lost about 23lbs and have been working really hard to stay on track.

Hi, Had Surgery Jan 9,@ Bidmc, Dr Jones. Very Happy Nwith The Whole Experience, Except I Expected To Be In Better Shape By Now, Back At Work, Ans Walking More, And Less Sore And Achy, And Tired. But, I Am Feeling It Every Time I Venture Into Work, For A Couple Of Hours, Or Try To Do Too Much At Home--- Today Is 15 Days Outa Surgery- Have Lost 17 Lbs,so Far

Hello Bandayed, Lalap and Flowergirl WELCOME! I'm glad you came back to the Massachusetts forum. Maybe we can all help each other out :) It quiets down a bit sometimes but, thats ok. Something will come up and please feel free to post it here as well. I'm not banded yet and I may have a bunch of questions once I am :confused: Here is one for ya....Have any of you had to change your medication because it won't pass the band? Such as a pill that you now take liquid form for? Just curious :confused:

Sherry- I crushed my pulls for a while and then 1/2'd them for a while, but now I take them straight. I don't take any big ones though. My Dr says to crush or cut them at least....I just gave it a try straight one day and it worked so I've stuck with that........

Hmmm I'll have to ask my pharmicist if they can be cut or crushed. I know some of them can't be because they are time released. Thanks for letting me know as I've heard we shouldn't take any pills bigger than a birth control pill size.

You definately can't crush the time released ones. Some meds may have to be adjusted to a dose that is 2 or 3 times a day rather than time release. Talk to your Dr. i think you should think about making the med changes prior to surgery so that it's one less variable in your recovery..............

hello all, today I had my first fill. 1 cc in a 4 cc band to date I have lost 14 lbs post surgery, and have dug out the tread mill

bump bump bump...how the heck is everyone doing out there? I've got 15 days left and I'll be banded. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA