Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my feelings are hurt from the forum

yes, i have and i said that in my post if you read it

and i guess i am just over sensitive right now

I understand about being overly sensitive - my fourth and fifth day post-op I would walk around the house waiting for the gas pains to ease up and I would just bust into tears. It's understandable...if it makes you feel any better I was banded last Thursday and the majority of my sensitivity is on my left side as well...sometimes when I roll over in bed I swear I can actually feel the port in my side.

thanks for the info!!

Hey Oceangirl. I was banded on 2/17 and I still get that left side pain. I have two incisions on that side with my port by my belly button on the right. The left incisions hurt more and feel like a sharp pain in the ab muscles when I sit up or cough. Forget sneezing, I almost pass out from that pain. The doctor told me that it's the are where she places the deep tissue stitches, and then uses the dermabond (blue) on the outside. Maybe that's the same pain you're having? The deep stitches go into the upper ab area, which is pretty painful. It gets better each day; hope you feel better soon!

thank you

: )

I understand about being overly sensitive - my fourth and fifth day post-op I would walk around the house waiting for the gas pains to ease up and I would just bust into tears. It's understandable...if it makes you feel any better I was banded last Thursday and the majority of my sensitivity is on my left side as well...sometimes when I roll over in bed I swear I can actually feel the port in my side.

Oceangirl. I don't always have a lot of time to read all of the posts. i usually can hit the top 5 or 6 because I am trying to get in as many steps on my pedomiter as I can. I think we were banded the same day. If I can answer any questions or if you need someone to talk to about anything, look me up on Facebook. My name is under Trish Smith and there is a picture of me and my husband on there. I get posts sent to my iphone so I can answer them while I am walking. Good luck girly poo. We are on our way. My pain is mostly gone but I noticed it hurts like heck to drive. Not a good thing since my son gets his driving permit in the morning and is just waiting for me to have a twinge of pain show on my face so he can drive.

I also think this site is a bit "cliquey." I even tried to join one f the cliquey threads and pretty much got ignored on there too. I also fall into the guilty category of "can't reply to one more thread about why haven't I lost 50 pounds yet...it's been 3 weeks since my surgery!" The attitude here has definitely changed. I'm glad that when I first joined i found all the support I needed and I was plain addicted to reading this site. It is leaving my system now. I will still pop on every once in a while, but less and less as time goes on. I hope all the new people "band" together and support each other. That's what I found to be most valuable in the beginning - all the replies from other newbies who were experiencing the same thing I was. I also appreciated the thoughtful replies from the experienced ones, but found that they can be a little preachy for me. Best of luck to you...your pain will go away soon. It's been 6 months for me and I still get occassional port discomfort (from too many sit ups) and some left shoulder pain. A lot of my friends from early on started blogs. That seems to be fulfilling more of their needs for support. Afterall, a blog is "all about you." Seems a little self-indulgent to me, not much of a follower myself. Good luck to you!

Hey there, I didn't see your post, I had posted about 5 diff things also never 1 reply but now i'm beginning to understand after reading what everyone is saying here. I may have been posting in the wrong place etc. I'm still learning.

I had pain there too at the beginning, I had surgery 12/13 I thought my insides were coming out! It does go away.Give it time. I hope you get better!

For the rib pain, I had it too and it came whenever itwanted too and had nothing to do with food or drinking, I would put my arm up across the couch and kinda lean on the couch on the side that hurt, if that makes sense... But it went away after the fourth week, knock on wood

look at that, 20 replies. And u thought no one cares. Hang in there. This battle can be lonesome, but the rewards are great.

I though tthe same thing on a few things I have posted on this site. How can you have hundreds of people read your post and not get one reply is what I kept thinking. Then I move one and just read alot. I was banded 3 days ago and I am back to work today. I have been very tired and sore, but for the most part each day I feel better and better. I have a couple people that I write back and forth to on here that have been banded on the same day or right before me and we support each other in that area. I am happy to be that friend to you as well? Friend me and send me a message if you would like to kick Fat's ass together! B)

I wish you nothing but success!!

Oceangirl.....way to go with putting your feelings out there. As someone above mentioned, look at all the responses you got. Sorry you were made to feel snubbed/ignored. And, yes, one of the feelings that I think most of us feel after surgery is overly sensitive. I know I was for a few weeks.

It was mentioned that, to some, this board feels "cliquish". Maybe/probably. But, there's usually someone that really cares and will step forward and give some advice. Maybe the advice from a more experienced bander sounds "preachy" at times but most ppl are only trying to get across to the OP and share what they think or what worked and still works for them.

Take care and hope that you "Owwww" has eased.

Oceangirl I’ve been there before where no one has poster to a thread I’ve started so I know how you feel. I won’t be banded until Monday so I can’t say much to help you with your pain; however I hope things get better for you soon. If it’s too bad I don’t see anything wrong with calling your doctor and asking if it’s normal. Good Luck

Oceangirl,

I am 5weeks out from surgery. It took me 2 weeks to feel somewhat normal. I also had hiatal hernia repaired and most of the pain was form that healing. All I can say is just take it one day at a time. It will get better. I also had a problem on week 3 with something getting stuck and I threw up for a week. I had to have a upper GI done cause they thought my band had slipped. Everyones journey is a little different. I wish you the best of luck. I can sympathize with you on worring cause I was the excat same way. I always called my Dr and called my mother n law cause she is a RN. I was reaching out to everyone I could think to! I should of listened to my husband and just relaxed and took it one day at a time. Another thing that could help is checkin out a support group. It is nice to speak to someone in person who has been through the same thing you are going through! I don't get on here as often as I would like to. I perfer to talk to someone in person. It is a little more personal and kind of reassuring.. I hope you are getting better and better everyday. Best of luck!!!

thank you D and thanks for the reminder the meeting is tonight!

Oceangirl,

I am 5weeks out from surgery. It took me 2 weeks to feel somewhat normal. I also had hiatal hernia repaired and most of the pain was form that healing. All I can say is just take it one day at a time. It will get better. I also had a problem on week 3 with something getting stuck and I threw up for a week. I had to have a upper GI done cause they thought my band had slipped. Everyones journey is a little different. I wish you the best of luck. I can sympathize with you on worring cause I was the excat same way. I always called my Dr and called my mother n law cause she is a RN. I was reaching out to everyone I could think to! I should of listened to my husband and just relaxed and took it one day at a time. Another thing that could help is checkin out a support group. It is nice to speak to someone in person who has been through the same thing you are going through! I don't get on here as often as I would like to. I perfer to talk to someone in person. It is a little more personal and kind of reassuring.. I hope you are getting better and better everyday. Best of luck!!!

feeling better today..........best of luck on your surg!!!

Oceangirl I've been there before where no one has poster to a thread I've started so I know how you feel. I won't be banded until Monday so I can't say much to help you with your pain; however I hope things get better for you soon. If it's too bad I don't see anything wrong with calling your doctor and asking if it's normal. Good Luck

thank you dear apples........doing better already

: )

Oceangirl.....way to go with putting your feelings out there. As someone above mentioned, look at all the responses you got. Sorry you were made to feel snubbed/ignored. And, yes, one of the feelings that I think most of us feel after surgery is overly sensitive. I know I was for a few weeks.

It was mentioned that, to some, this board feels "cliquish". Maybe/probably. But, there's usually someone that really cares and will step forward and give some advice. Maybe the advice from a more experienced bander sounds "preachy" at times but most ppl are only trying to get across to the OP and share what they think or what worked and still works for them.

Take care and hope that you "Owwww" has eased.