Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd Fill and NO Restriction?

I had my first fill of 1cc on Dec 9, 2005 and a second fill of 1cc on Dec 20, 2005. I have no restriction? I feel like I can eat normally. Also, I lost about 25 pounds since my surgery on Nov 9, 2005, but have not lost any more for about 3 weeks. I am very very discouraged. I try and stay positive about the slow progress, but it is hard. When will I feel this restriction everyone is talking about? I only have a 4cc band, so I'm scared I will not get a good restriction? My next fill is on Jan 26, 2006.

Any suggestions?

:)

Had the same thing I have had four fills and did'nt lose weight for three months very frustrated this last fill do have restriction am going for one more though it depends different for different people and where the band was placed and how much fat between the band everyone is so different I guess patience is the key it is so hard though

I also have a 4cc/9.75cm band. I am at 2.9( I think) and I had restriction for about 2weeks and now I don't. I go back to the Doc on the 11th and I am worried because he said that my last fill should be THE LAST FILL. I don't know I do know that I can eat more than 4oz still maybe about 5oz and I get hungry alot faster

Your current fill may take 2-3 weeks to "kick in". I know mine sure did. It doesn't make any sense but it happens to a lot of people.

Thanks for the support! I just feel guilty when I eat, because I feel like I'm eating to much and I'm hungry to often. My doctor told me I could have a total of 4cc in my band. I just hope it does not take the whole 4cc to feel the restriction or to get to that sweet spot. I am trying to get more exercise in to help in this slow losing time, but it is hard. I knew this was a tool to help you change your eating habits, but sometimes I think it is impossible to change. I keep looking at my calendar for my next fill on Jan 26, 2006.

18 days and counting?

It has been my experience with fills that some time they can take up to a week to really kick in.. Mine did ..hang in there..:)

I have had the same problem. I had my surgery on Nov. 2 and I lost 15lb. I had my first fill in Dec. .5cc that brought me up to 1.5cc. I also have a 4mm band. Than Jan. 2 I went for another follow-up and I told the doctor I had no restriction what so ever. So he gave me another .5cc now I am at 2cc and I still feel no restriction. Worst of all I have been exercising since Dec. and I haven't lost not one pound. But I really don't get down about because I feel eventually I will hit my sweet spot and than I will begin losing. So don't get discouraged I think the restriction will come eventually

I hope my doctor gives me another 1cc fill at this next visit. That will bring me up to 3cc total. And maybe finally I will feel some restriction. It is weird that I got the smallest band and I still feel no restriction yet. When I had my surgery and my doctor said he put in the smallest band, I thought "Oh no, I'm not going to be able to eat anything?". Well that is the farthest from the truth. I must have some really small insides? This is about the hardest time in my life I think I have ever had. The thought of finally getting thinner, when I have been overweight my entire life, and I am not losing a pound. Breathe, Breathe! I can do this, patience is the key to this Lap-Band! Patience! Patience! Learn to have Patience!

It was my third fill before I felt any restriction at all...and I still don't have much! My fourth fill is Wednesday; I am praying for good results. Good luck to you on Thursday, I hope you get what you are looking for!

I go for my 3rd on Thursday. I to get full, but it seems like I get hungry pretty fast. I am also thinking abut food all the time trying to see when I'm hungry and how long it takes. So thinking about the hunger really stinks!

i just had my 2nd fill of 1.5 now i have a total fill of 2.5

i can really feel the restriction now and it hurts everytime i eat

i have gone back to mushies for a while:)

I've had 2 fills and still nothing...hopefully the third one is the charm

I could have written your exact post. I waqs banded on Nov 9th and have lost about 25 lbs but have been stuck for weeks. I also have 2cc in my small band. I am so frustrated!

I had my 3rd fill (.5cc) yesterday and have to say it worked. I feel restricted. And not just a little bit, but a lot! I ate some cream of broccoli Soup today and it was in the back of my throat. Only about 1 cup too. I'm hoping this will finally bring on some weight loss.

Here is to.....RESTRICTION! :clap2: