Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I WANT THIS USELESS LAP BAND REMOVED !!!!

Appreciated! :rolleyes:

Seriously? A spelling lesson for someone who is incredibly upset and seeking answers to very REAL problem? That's what I call rude.

My post was polite and respectful. I find your comment interesting in that you 'heard' rudeness in polite conversation.

If you are going to give others internet protocol lesson, you might want to check yourself. You started out this with "I have seen you in other threads posting". Really?

My grammar is excellent - occupational hazard. Nothing amiss with my post - not sure what you are referring to. Perhaps it is how you changed my post above to give the impression of an error. Go back and look at what I initially posted - it may not be the best sentence that I have ever constructed, but it is grammatically sound and correct.

I write for a living and hold advanced degrees in English and in Education. Yes, you may call me doctor. Sorry, I do not general spout my education, but I wanted to explain the position that I am coming from. And before someone goes there, the Masters is from a top 20 and the PhD is from an Ivy. Real schools - very expensive too.

I find it so interesting that people pipe up and jump in, yet fail to assert a valid point or actually find anything wrong with what I am writing.

So very interesting to watch this unfold.

Cancun, you are a horses ass! Go on some other board and give your grammar lessons to! I hope you proof read your work because I'm sure you meant to use the word GENERALLY and not GENERAL when you were spouting about your education. Now go ahead and put your degree to work and fix all my mistakes. I'm sure you're busting at the seams to.

Seriously? A spelling lesson for someone who is incredibly upset and seeking answers to very REAL problem? That's what I call rude.

I have to agree here. The spelling and grammar lesson rubbed me the wrong way too.

generally

Shirley, please quit giving these crack pots the satisfaction of trying to make you look stupid. I do not care about your grammar. I think many feel the same way. I think it's perfectly appropriate to post in caps when you are upset. You owe them no explanation.

I'll apologize now for any spelling or punctuation errors, your highness, doctor of the universe. Oh, should I have capitalized any of that?

Yeah, I'm a smart a.. but I have no respect for people who don't give respect.

By the way, I think what minimeme was referring to was,,,did you really see Shirley posting?

There are two sentences that end in prepositions. Can we now let this grammar crap cease? This isn't about levels of education; it's about Shirley's request for help and wanting to vent. If the grammar is so offensive one has to belittle others, then move along to the next topic. :)

My grammar is excellent - occupational hazard. Nothing amiss with my post - not sure what you are referring to. Perhaps it is how you changed my post above to give the impression of an error. Go back and look at what I initially posted - it may not be the best sentence that I have ever constructed, but it is grammatically sound and correct.

I write for a living and hold advanced degrees in English and in Education. Yes, you may call me doctor. Sorry, I do not general spout my education, but I wanted to explain the position that I am coming from. And before someone goes there, the Masters is from a top 20 and the PhD is from an Ivy. Real schools - very expensive too.

I find it so interesting that people pipe up and jump in, yet fail to assert a valid point or actually find anything wrong with what I am writing.

So very interesting to watch this unfold.

Shirley I hope you found out a solution to your problem. Most times you wont get all the english lessons and such. To be honest, I dont get the deal with whats going on here. The band is not always easy, no doubt about it. Hope you find some help and have a good support system that can be there for you. Take care.

I guess both of my degrees are fake since I didn't go to a "real school". Oh, Crap!:unsure:

I should ask for a refund and stop paying on my student loans immediatley!

Getting away from the Grammar lessons and back to Shirley….I don't think it was clear in her original post to everyone that her band had burst (Shirley correct me if I'm wrong) and she can't seem to get any help from her surgeon. Shirley I know that you had some things that you were going to try to resolve your problem let us know how things are going. Take Care

Wow that was unreal ! All that over CAPS, Layman's terms of English.... To the Dr., we are all not as fortunate as you to be completely schooled."THAT'S ONE REASON YOU MAKE THE BIG BUCKS RIGHT?" A lot of us just do what we can, and enjoy it ! I know I do...:tongue3: .

Anyway it's all good news so far. They filled the band with 2cc, and 1/2cc adhesive to plug any leak. So far it's working, but , we will see in time.

This was very interesting, they knew my Surgeon emptied me, "ALTHOUGH, WHEN THEY EMPTY YOU, YOU ARE NEVER REALLY EMPTY." something was still left..Then I went to a fill center and it was not enough. "SO I WENT BACK !" When she stuck the needle in, she must of missed, so,,,,, I was told I was empty by her. Now the surgeon said that the band was blown!

I mentioned this to her, and she said NO way. She should me my band on Fluoroscope, and said it's in nice shape. So I had 1.8 maybe,,, in the band, but like all bands the balloon stretched, so I was long past due for a fill. I have 2.5cc in a 4cc band, AND I FEEL G R E A T ! Caps and all, it is a wonderful thing. Thank You all... You folks that commented, and the ones that talked to the B I G MAN upstairs. It all really helped. It feels so good to be on liquids for the next 2 days. I've missed being back where I belong. Whether you are a Dr., Lawyer or Unemployed, or Whatever. On this site where all equal. Please try to keep that in mind.

Thanks Again, Shirley.

xxx ooo

Glad to hear that things are going better today for you Shirley!! We are all here to support each other in each stage of the game.

Now I'll have to get weighed, and learn how to put up a ticker..

October, 2006 Bandster.

Shirley.