Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale not moving

I had my surgery on Feb 7th. I'm getting so disgusted because I have only lost maybe 8 lbs. What is going on does that happen to some people or am I the only person to go through this surgery and not loose any weight 3 weeks into this post op. I know it comes off slow but come on that is so my luck. Frustrated in Illinois.

Most people don't lose too much weight the first month after surgery. I lost 4 pounds when I went for my 6 week check up and first fill. Good luck and keep your head up!

Most people don't lose too much weight the first month after surgery. I lost 4 pounds when I went for my 6 week check up and first fill. Good luck and keep your head up!

Thanks because i am so angry and wondering why did I go though all of this if its not gonna work. Im eating extremely less and I thought it would come off more than this.

8 pounds in 3 weeks is great! We are only expected to loose 1-2 pounds a week. Also, I believe they put saline in the iv you get during surgery, makes you retain Fluid. I didn't loose that much the first few weeks, then bam the scale moved. How often are you weighing yourself? Try to only get on the scale once a week. It's hard, but the natural flucuations are enough to drive one crazy. Try not to feel discouraged, it's counter productive. Every pound you loose is great. Just know you are doing the right things and you will see results. Good luck!

I SO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!! I have been banded for 6 weeks and I've only lost 9 pounds. And that's the same 9 pounds I had lost 4 weeks ago!!

I feel like I've thrown my money away on this surgery. I've cut my calories by at least 1/2 from before I was banded, and I make sure I'm getting at least 60

grams of Protein every day. I get my first fill on Monday, but I honestly don't see how that's going to help me. If my problem is I'm not taking in ENOUGH calories, then a fill is just going to keep me from eating as much as I am now! I AM AT MY WITS END !! HELP!!

Yea it's just healing for the first month. Don't worry :)

and 8 pounds in 3 weeks is good! you've lost over 2lbs a week. You can't expect to ever lose more than that... I lose 1-2lbs a week. Occasionally it's more, but 1-2lbs is the norm.

You really gotta watch your calories! Make sure everything is going right, if you don't lose any, look back on your week and figure out why and change it.

im on my 4th month and scale stop the second week of the surgery. i had 2 fills and still can eat like a cow if i want to. im getting depress to!

I feel that, my weight stopped moving so I decided to get moving. I started being more active and eating less and so far it is inching along. I am focusing on eating healthy things and fitness and I will make this work, damn it! :P

Thanks because i am so angry and wondering why did I go though all of this if its not gonna work. Im eating extremely less and I thought it would come off more than this.

you have to remember that the first month is for healing, not for losing weight. I know you are excited and can't wait to begin, but once you get your first fill you should then, start seeing your loss. good luck!

Throw your scales in the garbage, lol. I have just really started telling myself positive affirmations. I tell my body how much I love it and how proud I am of letting go of the weight and the scales started moving. I Celebrate every pound now because I choose to believe that this time it is going to work and this time, it is not coming back. I am so proud of all of you guys. It took a big leap of faith to believe in ourselves to the point of having the surgery. I have began to celebrate everything. I celebrate my healing from the surgery. I celebrate that I don't have to take as much pain medicine. I got me a pedomiter that counts my steps and I walk as much as I can during the day and then celebrate at night that I did as much as I could. If you are anything like me, I spent years beating myself up that I couldn't do it on my own. I pray that God marks this journey with his own hands and guarantees my success. Each day I look at this as a mountain I am climbing. Sometimes it is hard to imagine looking at the view from the top but if I do what I can each day to imagine how glorious it is going to be to have the view after reaching the top, it makes it a celebration each time I take a step. So far today, I have lost 10 lbs from my preop starting point. I was banded this past Wednesday. My starting weight was 260m and this morning it was 253.4. Now my next goal is 252 and when I reach that goal (however long it takes), I am going to celebrate by allowing myself to be really happy about it. Write you out some affirmations and start telling your body how much you love it and it's ability to change and heal on it's own. Or, how proud you are of yourself and that you love how much it feels to be 8 lbs lighter. Look at what 8 pounds of butter looks like. You were once carrying that around and TaDa! it's gone. Write "I think I can, I think I can" on a sticky note and put it in your pocket or all over your house. Celebrate getting enough sleep and how much easier you can already move since surgery. You are doing great sunshine and every day and in every way, you are getting better, thinner, and stronger.:P