Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did it take to loss a good amount of weight

Sign in to follow this  

I just recieved my surgery and I wanted to know how to loss my stomach while lossing the weight i seem to always have a problem lossing my stomach through lossing weight. So I se myself lossing lbs now but im not so sure about my stomach.

Weight loss tends to be overall, and it's unrealistic to try and "spot reduce." If you look at before and after photos of people who have lost weight, you can see it most in their faces, but otherwise, their body shrinks equally. To maximize your new shape during your weight loss, try to tighten and tone the muscles that are in the area you want most to affect. So if your stomach area is the problem site, doing crunches, situps, whatever else for the benefit of muscles in that area will make sure your new body reflects the best possible muscle conditioning you can do.

Good luck!

Dave

What's a good weight loss to you? I've lost 112lbs in 9 months, but not everyone loses the same. Also, you can't spot reduce fat. The fat will come off wherever it wants to come off from. Your tummy may be the last to go. Losing tummy fat comes with reducing your overall body fat %. Exercising the ab muscles may help but it doesn't guarantee fat loss in that area.

Good luck!

What's a good weight loss to you? I've lost 112lbs in 9 months, but not everyone loses the same. Also, you can't spot reduce fat. The fat will come off wherever it wants to come off from. Your tummy may be the last to go. Losing tummy fat comes with reducing your overall body fat %. Exercising the ab muscles may help but it doesn't guarantee fat loss in that area.

Good luck!

Wow reverie! That is fantastic. I am having my surgery on March 8 and would love to acheive what you have. Do you have any tips? Also, what exercises do you do to avoid loose skin?

Thank You!

I just recieved my surgery and I wanted to know how to loss my stomach while lossing the weight i seem to always have a problem lossing my stomach through lossing weight. So I se myself lossing lbs now but im not so sure about my stomach.

6 mos., then expect 1-2 # per week.

U will lose most during 1st 6 mos., then slows down 2 a crawl. Just hang in there. Suggest fitday.com to track cals, lbs, etc. It's free.

I was banded 12/13/10, and have lost about 27 pounds from my 2wk pre op diet period. I just had my first fill of 2cc this morning (my Dr. put 2cc in at surgery), and I'm very excited about that, since I had no restriction at all. They told me that you should aim for 1-2 lbs per week MAXIMUM. You don't want to lose it too fast, and you want to work to change what fat you do have to muscle (muscle burns fat). Luckily my yoga and walking have paid off, as I am gaining muscle and losing fat. My BMI is down about 5 points already, and I can really tell a difference in my clothes. Keep in mind too that muscle weighs more than fat, so as you are gaining muscle, you might not reflect as much weight loss, but you will really be able to tell in inches and your clothes.

there are no guarantees in life but most people lose weight all over.

in the past, i always lost weight from my face, then boobs, then tummy, then thighs.

after surgery, my boobs didn't get much smaller but the rest of me did.

i had 70 pounds to lose and its taken all of the 2.5 years that i've been post-op. every one is different when it comes to how fast the weight falls off.

good luck on your journey!!

U will lose most during 1st 6 mos., then slows down 2 a crawl. Just hang in there. Suggest fitday.com to track cals, lbs, etc. It's free.

Untrue! I've lost a steady 1-3lbs a week and I'm 9 months out with 12lbs to go. Everyone is different.

Wow reverie! That is fantastic. I am having my surgery on March 8 and would love to acheive what you have. Do you have any tips? Also, what exercises do you do to avoid loose skin?

Thank You!

Thanks Heather! Hopefully your surgery goes well; the 8th will be here before you know it! As for tips, some things I did/have learned along the way:

• Let yourself heal. The first 6 weeks are about healing not weightloss. Stay off the scale as much as possible during this time.
  • Follow your post-op diet, it helps.
  • Weigh-in once a week. Have a set day of the week and time to weigh-in. Weighing in everyday about ruined
  • Protein, Protein, protein..and more protein. I shoot for 20g of protein a meal at minimum. This is really important when you're back to eating normal foods. Protein helps keep you full.
  • Count your calories, carbs, etc. I use myfitnesspal though there are other websites and apps you can use.
  • Exercise!
  • Treat yourself, and allow yourself to cheat it prevents binges.

As for loose skin it all depends on your age, genetics, and how long you've been overweight for. Weightlifting can help but it's no cure. I am looking to have PS soon :)

Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.

Thanks for sharing that! I get banded on March 4th and I hope to be just like you!!! haha =)

Thanks Heather! Hopefully your surgery goes well; the 8th will be here before you know it! As for tips, some things I did/have learned along the way:

• Let yourself heal. The first 6 weeks are about healing not weightloss. Stay off the scale as much as possible during this time.
  • Weigh-in once a week. Have a set day of the week and time to weigh-in. Weighing in everyday about ruined
  • Protein, Protein, protein..and more protein. I shoot for 20g of protein a meal at minimum. This is really important when you're back to eating normal foods. Protein helps keep you full.
  • Count your calories, carbs, etc. I use myfitnesspal though there are other websites and apps you can use.
  • Exercise!

As for loose skin it all depends on your age, genetics, and how long you've been overweight for. Weightlifting can help but it's no cure. I am looking to have PS soon :)

One other question-out of curiosity, how many fills have you had?

• Exercise!

One other question-out of curiosity, how many fills have you had?

None. :mellow::lol: The band was enough restriction for me. I can eat a cup of food and be satisfied for 3 hours. I've lost consistently and my surgeon sees no reason for a fill. He always asks during my appointments if I want one but I don't see the point. I didn't want a tight band where I couldn't eat bread or have to drink Protein shakes every morning.

Awesome! I'm also hoping to not need fills...I guess I don't have anything against them but it seems like less of a nuisance...Thanks!

None. :mellow::lol: The band was enough restriction for me. I can eat a cup of food and be satisfied for 3 hours. I've lost consistently and my surgeon sees no reason for a fill. He always asks during my appointments if I want one but I don't see the point. I didn't want a tight band where I couldn't eat bread or have to drink Protein shakes every morning.