Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 4 months out and i have not vomited at all. Most comments i've read here regarding vomiting seem to come from being too full with the band. I think it must be very hard for some people to realize where the spot is that the band is too full or just right and it's simple trial & error with the fillings. Thankfully for me, i was able to notice right after my 2nd fill that i ate too much at one meal & got sick in my stomach & my eyes Water immediately....only took once to learn that feeling & know how much was too much. Since then i have it happen 1 more time, simply misjudged on a salad no less, but the rest is just Portion Control. I can eat everything but raw veggies and they just take some extra chewing.

I am looking at the lap ban for weight loss and more important to me - not gaining weight. I generally eat healthy, just too much. I love raw veggies, apples, oranges, and all berries. As well as chicken steak etc...

What are the foods you or others you have heard of - find hard to eat?

thanks,

Jeff

I was banded 3 months ago, and have not vomited either. I mostly avoid Pasta and white breads, as they cause a great amount of pressure in my chest, which I think is my first step to being stuck. If I took a bite and felt that pressure, and then ate some more, it would eventually come up. So I just don't do it.

You can get adult Gummy Vitamins anywhere (in case you don't like yours). I eat 4 a day instead of 2, they are my sweet treat!

Jeff, you will just need to be careful with your firm meats and veggies to chew it up well. I've eaten all the things you mentioned. Drier chicken and steak are a lot harder to get down. Chew chew chew!

Yeah, it's bright yellow. That makes sense, since the Vitamins are orange-ish. Ever since I started the 6 month doctor visits, I've stopped drinking soda, except for maybe 2 or 3 times. I've mostly been drinking Water with sugar-free drink mix. I've also been making sure to eat as much high-protein low-fat food as I can. I've found that Beans *really* help keep you fuller longer, most likely due to the Fiber. Thank you all so much!! I know it's kinda cheesy sounding, but I finally feel like I've found a place I belong!

I am looking at the lap ban for weight loss and more important to me - not gaining weight. I generally eat healthy, just too much. I love raw veggies, apples, oranges, and all berries. As well as chicken steak etc...

What are the foods you or others you have heard of - find hard to eat?

thanks,

Jeff

I know some people say the drier meats are harder, bread, scrambled eggs. The veggies i notice are broccoli, carrots and celery but if i take smaller bites & chew well, i can get them down. With every person being different though it's hard to say what you will find works & doesn't work for you especially if you take into account that fills are different for everyone too. I would say prepare for possibly having to give up some foods and if you find that's not the case..bonus! LOL

I am 1 1/2 years out, I don't keep my band to tight, down 80lbs (time for a ticker update), I have vomited once or twice. Once was very dry baked fish at a resturant, and to big of bites,and I should have known better. My problem was a combination of user error, and a bad choice if Entrees (thought it was safe). So yes if your careful hopefully you will have minimal issues.

congrats on your success so far.

crystal

OK, so, I've had my band for almost 4 weeks. Right before and right after surgery, I had 2 people tell me what it's like to have the band. What's best to eat, what's not, and they said that everyone vomits, it's normal. I haven't yet, and I hate vomiting, it's the main reason I got this surgery. Is it possible to be one of the few to not vomit at all? I'm just afraid of messing up! I make sure to not drink anything 30 minutes before, during, or after eating, I make sure to eat slowly and chew my food till it's completely liquefied, and I've been measuring all my food that I'm able to, to be 3/4 of a cup, or 6 ounces of food if it won't fit into a measuring cup. Also, I know this'll sound gross, but I have to know; Is it normal if after being banded, your pee gets more yellow? Also, I've been *super* thirsty after being banded. I'm pretty sure it's not because of my climate (I live in PA, where it's still pretty cold). Any answers would be helpful. Sorry, I worry a lot!

I don't know who told you it is normal to vomit with the band, but I beg to differ. Never vomited since banding 12/20/08 and had a couple of real stuck episodes but no vomiting. I believe that could really hurt your band and possibly cause a slip. I also have never had a fill and am to goal, so I guess I am different than most banders, but I still believe you are doing well. You are still in the healing stages and really should not worry so much. You will find out what is normal for you and enjoy the ride as the scale goes down, down and down. This is a great website for information, so many people like myself with great experiences and information that will help you to goal. Good luck and keep smiling.

I was banded on September 28, 2010 and I haven't vomited one time. I am very careful about my intake and I also can eat and digest anything i want. I'm down like 45lbs. Which is really good considering. If you are careful with your intake you should be just fine. I was nervous at first too about the not vomiting thing but after a few days I just considered myself blessed. Good Luck