Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 2-9-11

I was banded 2-9-11 at Vertua In Marlton!! This is day number two (first full day) living with the band.

I went into the hospital at 9am on Wednesday, was prepped, spoke with the anesthesiologist and surgeon, had five nurses try and take my two piercings out of my left ear...even tried to cut them out! but after all that they wound up taping them, Went into surgery at 11:30am and was in the recovery room at 1:00pm.

I was put in the xray room and asked to drink a special nasty liquid fast as they took an xray of my stomach. It was painful and I started to throw up but nothing came out. The dry heaving was very painful. The gas they pumped my stomach with to do the surgery apparently travels to open pockets in your body. It is very painful and uncomfortable pressure in my shoulders and upper stomach, They say the only way to make it go away is walking. I also remember waking up at one point right after surgery shivering very bad and they put a heated blank on me,

( i am sorry if this has a lot of typos or doesn't make sense, i have not been able to put my contacts in and i am on a lot of pain meds)

I woke up in their stage 3 room around 4:30pm. I was asked to eat some ice chips which i dry heaved immediately because of the anesthesia. again-very painful.

The nurse gave me something in my IV for the nausea and after about half an hour i was able to take a few tiny nibbles of sugar free Jello and sip some Water without a problem.

I was discharged at 7:30pm and arrived home at 10pm after picking up my prescriptions and my son from my mothers house. Of course i was not driving!! But the car ride home was very uncomfortable and it seemed as tho every road was having construction and bumpy!!

I woke up every 3 hours last night and had to use the bathroom,take more pain meds, and sip some water. My throat was and is very sore from the tube they stick down there.

So far it is 10:35am and I have had some beef broth, crystal light iced tea with a half a scoop of powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein, and some water. I feel sleepy, sore, pressure from the gas, and a little light headed.

I am so proud of myself for going through with something as big as this. I am very confident that I can use this tool to help shape my life into a healthy and happy one, If I follow the rules I will no longer only be able to shop in two clothing stores! I will no longer be too tired and lazy to chase my son around the park! I will for the first time since i was 7 years old be able to wear a tank top and shorts and feel COMFORTABLE instead of disgusted,. I am looking forward to the journey ahead of me with all of the ups and downs it will bring, food is energy for my body-it does not control me. Cravings and junk food can shove it!! I know how good it feels to be healthy and I cannot wait to feel it again!!!

Before starting the process I weighed 258lbs. Lost 19Lbs on my own before surgery and was 239lbs. I will weigh myself in a few days and see where i am!

I was banded 2-9-11 at Vertua In Marlton!! This is day number two (first full day) living with the band.

I went into the hospital at 9am on Wednesday, was prepped, spoke with the anesthesiologist and surgeon, had five nurses try and take my two piercings out of my left ear...even tried to cut them out! but after all that they wound up taping them, Went into surgery at 11:30am and was in the recovery room at 1:00pm.

I was put in the xray room and asked to drink a special nasty liquid fast as they took an xray of my stomach. It was painful and I started to throw up but nothing came out. The dry heaving was very painful. The gas they pumped my stomach with to do the surgery apparently travels to open pockets in your body. It is very painful and uncomfortable pressure in my shoulders and upper stomach, They say the only way to make it go away is walking. I also remember waking up at one point right after surgery shivering very bad and they put a heated blank on me,

( i am sorry if this has a lot of typos or doesn't make sense, i have not been able to put my contacts in and i am on a lot of pain meds)

I woke up in their stage 3 room around 4:30pm. I was asked to eat some ice chips which i dry heaved immediately because of the anesthesia. again-very painful.

The nurse gave me something in my IV for the nausea and after about half an hour i was able to take a few tiny nibbles of sugar free Jello and sip some Water without a problem.

I was discharged at 7:30pm and arrived home at 10pm after picking up my prescriptions and my son from my mothers house. Of course i was not driving!! But the car ride home was very uncomfortable and it seemed as tho every road was having construction and bumpy!!

I woke up every 3 hours last night and had to use the bathroom,take more pain meds, and sip some Water. My throat was and is very sore from the tube they stick down there.

So far it is 10:35am and I have had some beef broth, crystal light iced tea with a half a scoop of unjury Protein, and some water. I feel sleepy, sore, pressure from the gas, and a little light headed.

I am so proud of myself for going through with something as big as this. I am very confident that I can use this tool to help shape my life into a healthy and happy one, If I follow the rules I will no longer only be able to shop in two clothing stores! I will no longer be too tired and lazy to chase my son around the park! I will for the first time since i was 7 years old be able to wear a tank top and shorts and feel COMFORTABLE instead of disgusted,. I am looking forward to the journey ahead of me with all of the ups and downs it will bring, food is energy for my body-it does not control me. Cravings and junk food can shove it!! I know how good it feels to be healthy and I cannot wait to feel it again!!!

Before starting the process I weighed 258lbs. Lost 19Lbs on my own before surgery and was 239lbs. I will weigh myself in a few days and see where i am!

Congrats! I was the day before you and feel MUCH better today. Im going to actually get up and get out today! You will be fine! I wish you a speedy recovery and welcome you with open arms to the losers' bench :lol:

Congrats! I was the day before you and feel MUCH better today. Im going to actually get up and get out today! You will be fine! I wish you a speedy recovery and welcome you with open arms to the losers' bench :lol:

Congrats!! I had my band two weeks ago. I did not have to go through the drinking and x-ray process you are talking about. Hmmmmm, so funny how every hospital is different. This is the first I have heard of this. I stayed one night in hospital, came home following day. I hope you do well :D

Congrats! I took the plunge the same day but my anesthesiologist must have been better... The used alot of anti-nausea meds... Thank God! We are on the way to a much better life and I can already taste it!! :)

I also banded 2-9-11 and today feeling much better. I had alot of muscle discomfort on day 2 and 3 from using muscles to get up and down. I hope you are feeling better and continue to progress!

Thanks for sharing your story! I was banded on 2/7 and so far so good. Fortunately I didn't have much pain. Mostly just discomfort around my inscisions. I've read a lot about the barium and xrays and find it interesting that my Dr doesn't do it....hmmm??? I'll have to ask when I see him on 2/23.

So far ok doing liquids. I'm also doing shakes, Soups drinks etc. I also like unjury. Syntrax Nectars also make a good juice drink mix...ice tea lemonade, rasberry etc.

I wish everyone tons of success and look forward to getting to know everyone better as we continue through this journey. :D :D

Peace!

Allyson

I woke up every 3 hours last night and had to use the bathroom,take more pain meds, and sip some Water. My throat was and is very sore from the tube they stick down there.

So far it is 10:35am and I have had some beef broth, crystal light iced tea with a half a scoop of unjury Protein, and some water. I feel sleepy, sore, pressure from the gas, and a little light headed.

Congrats! I go Monday morning @ Virtua Marlton

Thanks everyone! i am feeling much better today but very hungry! not stomach wise but mentally i want to eat something!! pain is better, gas is gone, almost threw up earlier because i had some yogurt and was forced to run around after my dog that got out. NOT A GOOD IDEA! i was very upset. i have been sleeping A LOT! i guess it is part of the healing process...im not sure if i am getting enough food in my system. its hard to judge!

I'm a 59 y/o male and my surgery, 2 weeks ago, sounds about the same as yours. Only exception, I was able to go home right after the X-rays.

My surgeon told me it was to check for leaks. Once he reads those results, I was on my way home.

I arrived at the hospital at 7:45 am, surgery was at 11am, on my way home at 6pm.

I'm on mushies right now, but I have a hard time finding things to eat. So I still substitute one or two meals with protien shakes. One more week and I can move on to solids.

I'm a 59 y/o male and my surgery, 2 weeks ago, sounds about the same as yours. Only exception, I was able to go home right after the X-rays.

My surgeon told me it was to check for leaks. Once he reads those results, I was on my way home.

I arrived at the hospital at 7:45 am, surgery was at 11am, on my way home at 6pm.

I'm on mushies right now, but I have a hard time finding things to eat. So I still substitute one or two meals with protien shakes. One more week and I can move on to solids.

i am happy to find someone who has had the same experience as me. let' keep in touch and help each other out with meals, right now i am struggling with the liquids. i have done some shakes because i cannot get my head around just liquids. i honestly dont want to wait the week until i see my dr again i want to try mushies! but i guess it is all for a reason!

I had my surgery on 1/31/2011 and I go for my first fill on 3/9/2011 and so far went in weighting 212lbs and to date I weight 193lbs. I followed the instructions that was given to me by my surgeon and the recovery was not to bad. Most of my pain was where the incisions where and a little gas problem, I walked a lot to take care of the gas and the incisions are healing great.

Congratulations on taking the first step to a new and healthy life.

Native Girl

Hi Twin.....my surgery date was Tuesday...Feb.8th.....same as yours....I'm so glad I found this site.....I'm hearing such good advice & encouragement....and I can also relate to the "down" moments too. I'm down 12 lbs....Friday was my worst day....thought I was going to go out my mind. Just felt like I couldn't do the liquid diet anymore. But stuck it out...thankfully I have great friends & my 3 kids who just huddle around and let me cry for all of 2 minutes. Guess I just needed a pity party or encouragement (maybe a little of both)....I still miss food (especially this Valentine weekend) but I'm determined to follow dr's orders. I want this to work. Continued success to ALL of us LOSERS! :D

Hi All,

Looks like I found a good thread...

I was banded on 2/11/11 and I'm up right now with bad gas pain. My surgeon keeps his patients overnight (I honestly don't know how some of you left the same day...I'm not worthy). We have to drink the barium the next moring to check for leaks, eat some of a liquid meal and then we are discharged.

The gas pain is really bad. It puts pressure on the stomach and therefore, the incisions. My belly looks so distended also due to the gas. I did walk in hospital and I was literally passing my house for hours today. I just woke up from a tyl/codeine induced coma and I noticed that my hips, legs, neck and one arm hurt and/or had pins/needles. Wth?

I'm up at this ungodly hour searching the boards for the hips problem.

FYI: There is a February bander sub forum on this site. Scroll down the forum list, click on 2011 bandsters and then on the february 2011 to find a lot of us being banded this month.

P

Hi Twin.....my surgery date was Tuesday...Feb.8th.....same as yours....I'm so glad I found this site.....I'm hearing such good advice & encouragement....and I can also relate to the "down" moments too. I'm down 12 lbs....Friday was my worst day....thought I was going to go out my mind. Just felt like I couldn't do the liquid diet anymore. But stuck it out...thankfully I have great friends & my 3 kids who just huddle around and let me cry for all of 2 minutes. Guess I just needed a pity party or encouragement (maybe a little of both)....I still miss food (especially this Valentine weekend) but I'm determined to follow dr's orders. I want this to work. Continued success to ALL of us LOSERS! :D

OMG I have a TWIN :D Congrats! Today was the hardest for me. I was watching tv all day and all these damn food commercials were killing me, but I stuck it out. You're so lucky to have that constant support when you need it. I live alone, so that can be both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it. So far, according to my calculations, as of Saturday I lost 7lbs. I added you so we should definitely keep in touch. I second your last comment on continued success to all us LOSERS!:rolleyes: