Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Is This Possible

:( Okay Here is a previous post:

Today is Sunday Feb. 6, 2011, .1:00 pm I am down to 236.5 down 12.5 from 249 as of Jan 15, 2011. So excited. out of the 40's.

This morning I had oatmeal with 1/2 tsp. of butter. coffee (lots) with hazelnut Creamer sprinkled with cinnamon. I have prob. 32 oz. of Water with peach tea flavoring so far. At 2:00 i will have a Jillian whey Choc. Protein Shake with 1 cup of ice, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp. of p.nut butter, 1 scoop of Protein Powder, 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1 cup of water. Put into my bullet blender and have a great Protein shake.

It is now 4:30 and I just had a big bowl of Healthy Choice chicken Noodle. Lower Sodium (390 g).

I am staying away from high sodium stuff it set me back a week ago today by 4 lbs. and it took me all week to get those 4 lbs off again. No more. Sip on 32 oz. water thru evening.

around 7 tonight i will have a salad with johsonville salami snack bites (prob 4 or 5) slices up in the salad. i put lettuce, little onions, banana peppers, a few olives, cucumber, a few baby tomato's. dressing is homemade by my wonderful husband. Not sure but low fat, low cal. low carb. very little sodium. Another 32 oz water.

Monday Feb. 7, 2011 scale Shows 240!! Ugg. HOW!!!

Today Feb 8, 2011 Scale Shows 239. What is going on. Am I eating too much. Am I eating all the wrong things. I drink 3 big styrofoam cups of water thru out the day (about 90 oz.) No snacking in between. I am almost ready to go back to liquids/mushies. Should I or What? Plz this is been my battle for the last 2 years and this makes me want to give up again. I want this to work this time. I have been doing so good (i thought).

Hi there,

Good choice on the lower sodium Soup but I am wondering what your calorie count for the day was. Butter, creamer, Peanut Butter, salami and dressing may hve bumped you over your calorie budget for the day. Not four pounds worth but the salami is probably higher in sodium too.

Maybe journal and nutrient count the day and see what you come up with.

Best wishes!

That is a good idea. I am going to find a journal calorie thing and see. Thanks :rolleyes:

I would suggest not weighing everyday. From what I read, you are down 10 lbs in less than a month, even with the fluctuations. That's amazing. I think what you are experiencing are normal fluctuations and your body adjusting to that really rapid 10 lb loss.

This is my pattern of losing-- nothing, nothing, nothing, bounce up and down in a 2 lb range then BAM loss loss loss. Followed by the same pattern, over and over again. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just the way my body works. My guess is that you are doing nothing wrong except obsessively monitoring your scale (hahaha-- I say this as someone who does it too-- no judgment).

I have only had one fill so I am no expert.... because I am really looking forward to my second fill next week!!!

I was banded on 12/9/10 so I am 2 months post op and according to my Dr I am supposed to be eating the following for each meal.... 3-5 oz of Protein, 1/4c starch and 1/2 c veggies..... and thats it. What you are listing seems to be more food than that. Are you measuring portions and journaling every thing you eat? Just thinking you may be eating too much and even though its healthy its bumping up your calories.

Just a thought... Best of luck to you!

I forgot to mention..... I know many people are whey Protein advocates and if it works for you thats great. My Dr isnt. He says unless I am working out regularily in a gym to build muscle I dont need it and the calories are better used on fish, beef and other natural Protein sources. You may want to ask him about your situation...

I would suggest not weighing everyday. From what I read, you are down 10 lbs in less than a month, even with the fluctuations. That's amazing. I think what you are experiencing are normal fluctuations and your body adjusting to that really rapid 10 lb loss.

This is my pattern of losing-- nothing, nothing, nothing, bounce up and down in a 2 lb range then BAM loss loss loss. Followed by the same pattern, over and over again. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just the way my body works. My guess is that you are doing nothing wrong except obsessively monitoring your scale (hahaha-- I say this as someone who does it too-- no judgment).

I have to agree completely with this. Most of the weeks i've lost something since surgery, but it seems the week before or during my period, i lose nothing. Then two days later 2-3 lbs is off! I am on the scale daily but i know it's going to vary but it's just another tool in helping me keep my diet/calorie intake in check. I haven't gained anything back after losing it, but this way i'll know that i better be eating the right foods or wham it's gonna happen all over again.

Personally i can't stand the Protein shakes....any of them! When i realized this, i did a web search for foods that are high in Protein and what amounts i need daily to get my full amounts in. I haven't had a shake since i went to mushies! I'm not a big coffee drinker but the i would think too the creamer adds to your calories and the butter. Not sure what you'd substitute for the creamer but try spray butter and spray dressing to knock out some calorie intake there.

You said you thought you were doing good but you don't seem sure. Well i think you are doing fine. You just need to fine tune some things that will work for you. Mix it up a bit, see what works and hang in there! Best of luck!

I would just make sure you're not drinking any liquids a half hour before you eat or for an hour after you eat. You want your food to stay in your stomach as long as possible and not get washed down with your liquids. They pounded this into me during my pre-phase. It's hard because I've always had my beverage with my meal so it's been an adjustment but it does make a difference in how long I can go between meals.

Shelley

Breakfast: Oatmeal (instant) , coffee and hazelnut creamer , sprinkled with cinnamon

Snack: Protein Drink 16 oz - 1 scoop choc Protein, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp. p.nut butter, ice and Water

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey, with a slice of cheese and a slice of pickle on each and rolled up (this took me 30 mins. to get down)

Snack: Handful of peanuts 160 cal. 100 mg sodium, 7 g Protein, 5 carbs

It is now 8:17 am to be honest I am not hungry so I am gonna pass on food.

I did not drink anything with my meals. I have downed about 60 oz Water. (I have 30 oz cup)

BTW, have not pooped in 5 days, went to store a little while ago and bought MOM. Hope this works.

Does this menu seem like a good menu. Do I need to make tweeks. Help a Nannie If Ya Can. Gotta get the skinny nannie out :P

Your menu looks great! better then mine..

That fact that you havent had a bowl movement in 5 days could be a factor in your weight...

Step away from the scale. :)

Our body weight shifts daily and if it's bothering you to see that shift, I'd only weigh once a week. I weigh only on Monday and that's when I change my ticker as well. I no longer get on daily because my weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs from one day to the next and I can tell myself all I want that it's Water weight, but it's still demoralizing.

I figured I would add my two cents in because I am a daily weigh-er :)

I have one of those fancy 4-sensor glass scales, that are supposed to be super reliable. I've found that sometimes the scale seems to get "stuck"

For example, I've lost atleast 0.2 pounds per day since my surgery. About three days ago, the scale was "stuck" on 268.2. Yesterday, (Day 4) it was on 268.2 again. Figuring the scale was probably not right, I artificially added some weight to get a vastly different number (Something like 290). After resetting the scale, it seemed to like 290.0.

On the same token, some days the scale says I loose impossible amounts of weight. Sure, some of it is probably Water weight, but some of it is the scale.

I guess what I'm getting at is that you can only trust your scale so much (Unless you have a balance beam scale, in which case it probably is very accurate). If you are like me and get excited to weigh yourself every day, I would try to reason with yourself. Sometimes I'll say "Yeah, five pounds less than yesterday is cool, but tomorrow I can't be mad if I "gain" 3 pounds back"

Anyway, hope it helps a little bit!

How many calories are in your Protein? They can range from 120 to 250! 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter has about 200 calories. So depending on the Protein your snack could be around 500 calories. I would recommend buying PB2 online. They defat the peanuts then grind them up; the powder is sig. less in calories and fat.

My Nut recommened pickles as a snack because they are low in cal. but if you are trying to stay away from salt I would give them a pass.

I know a lot of bandsters have oatmeal for Breakfast. And while on occation I will make some myself I think you should try to find a higher protein Breakfast and eliminate your Protein shake snack. I really like greek yoghurt with half a scoop vanilla Protein Powder, and a protein scoop of kashi. Ends up being about 220 cal with 26 g protein.

Thank you all for the info. I did take a big dose of the MOM. Here I am 2 1/2 hrs later and still no BM. UMMM getting a little concerned. No cramping, Just a little Gas. Finished off the last 16 oz of my Water for the day. :unsure:

Thank you all for the info. I did take a big dose of the MOM. Here I am 2 1/2 hrs later and still no BM. UMMM getting a little concerned. No cramping, Just a little Gas. Finished off the last 16 oz of my Water for the day. :unsure:

Not to be gross but if you still dont have a BM I'd go get some suppositories...those really work...