Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'Delayed Action' Fill

Do you expereince a 'delayed action' fill?

I had a fill last Thursday and today, Monday, I feel less restriction than before my .2 fill in my 4.0cc max band. I haven't had a fill in years and can't quite remember...... but seem to remember that I will be able to feel it in a few weeks?

I ask because this new doctor that I am seeing will guarantee his fill for a week. ie: I can come back within a week if I am not feeling that the fill was enough. I am not sure what to do.

Get more fill,

Wait another month and pay another 125.00 fee.

Thanks

BTW, I am an almost 5 year bandster. LOVE my band, love being slim, never diet, but I did get my band loosened twice because of cancer treatment and I find my weight just creeping up slowly. The joy of this band it that it is adjustable and I need an adjustment.

hugs

Paula

Do you expereince a 'delayed action' fill?

I had a fill last Thursday and today, Monday, I feel less restriction than before my .2 fill in my 4.0cc max band. I haven't had a fill in years and can't quite remember...... but seem to remember that I will be able to feel it in a few weeks?

I ask because this new doctor that I am seeing will guarantee his fill for a week. ie: I can come back within a week if I am not feeling that the fill was enough. I am not sure what to do.

Get more fill,

Wait another month and pay another 125.00 fee.

Thanks

BTW, I am an almost 5 year bandster. LOVE my band, love being slim, never diet, but I did get my band loosened twice because of cancer treatment and I find my weight just creeping up slowly. The joy of this band it that it is adjustable and I need an adjustment.

hugs

Paula

Hi Paula -

In my experience my fills seemed to "kick in" about at the 3 week mark after a fill. But I know it's not the same for everyone. Do you remember if you had delayed restriction before? Chances are it will be the same if you did. I wouldn't go and get another fill just to find out you're too tight down the road...then you're paying for an additional visit anyway to get an unfill. Try and see if there are any foods that you can't tolerate that you could before or are more uncomfortable to eat than before. That may be a good indication that your fill level is there even though you may not feel it. Best of luck to you! And congrats on your 5-year mark!

mj

Hi Paula -

In my experience my fills seemed to "kick in" about at the 3 week mark after a fill. But I know it's not the same for everyone. Do you remember if you had delayed restriction before? Chances are it will be the same if you did. I wouldn't go and get another fill just to find out you're too tight down the road...then you're paying for an additional visit anyway to get an unfill. Try and see if there are any foods that you can't tolerate that you could before or are more uncomfortable to eat than before. That may be a good indication that your fill level is there even though you may not feel it. Best of luck to you! And congrats on your 5-year mark!

mj

Hi mj,

I have the band that only holds 4.0cc. So depending on how much fill was in there, I remember some fills kicking in right away and some taking 2 weeks.

But your comment that I could just as easily pay for an unfill hit a lightbulb in my head and I am going to wait it out. Thanks for your good advice.

I see you are doing very well in your journey so far.

I swear even 5 years out, I felt like a kid with a new toy after my fill last week. Because I know it works and it has helped me keep the weight off, even through trying times.

The band has one of my most favorite things in life.

Cheers

P

I just had my first fill on Jan 18th. I felt "tighter" or "restricted" for a few days, then back to normal. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I really felt the full effect of the fill. I can't eat as much as before and I can't drink as much in one sip as I did before my fill. I even feel tighter at certain points of the day. I can't eat heavy foods for breakfast or else it will get stuck, so I stick to Protein Shakes. That has been my experience so far. it's odd how this thing works sometimes.

I just had my first fill on Jan 18th. I felt "tighter" or "restricted" for a few days, then back to normal. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I really felt the full effect of the fill. I can't eat as much as before and I can't drink as much in one sip as I did before my fill. I even feel tighter at certain points of the day. I can't eat heavy foods for breakfast or else it will get stuck, so I stick to Protein shakes. That has been my experience so far. it's odd how this thing works sometimes.

It really is odd isn't it? I can't even think of one reason why the fill might kick in weeks later????

I really enjoy Protein Shakes almost every morning for years now. I think it gives the body the most energy and Protein than any one breakfast item I can think of.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is starting to come back to me.....

I just had my first fill on Jan 18th. I felt "tighter" or "restricted" for a few days, then back to normal. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I really felt the full effect of the fill. I can't eat as much as before and I can't drink as much in one sip as I did before my fill. I even feel tighter at certain points of the day. I can't eat heavy foods for Breakfast or else it will get stuck, so I stick to Protein shakes. That has been my experience so far. it's odd how this thing works sometimes.

victoria this is exactly what happened to me, I had my very first fill last Monday and felt restriction for about 48 hours (during which I lost 2 pounds!) then it was gone and I was so confused...needless to say I have gained about 1 of those 2 lbs back...but my fill was only a week ago today, so it was nice to hear how your story worked out...I hope I start feeling some restriction sometime in the next week or so.

I just had my first fill Friday. I feel no restriction whatsoever. I hope I have a delayed reaction verses no reaction at all. (scary!)

Decided to update, for myself as well as anyone else who is experiencing delayed action on a fill.

I never did feel any more tight. It has been 4 weeks now and I have made an appointment to get another fill next week.

I am OK with that. I am almost 5 years out now and had fill taken out when I was undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. I am just very grateful that this band is adjustable and I am feeling ready to take the last 15 off again

Cheers,

Paula

I dont understand how a fill can kick in two weeks later when the little pillows inside the band are filled immediately. It is filled right away so it should not be taking 2 weeks for the affect of the fill. Maybe because you are on liquids you just dont notice.

I had my first fill Feb 10, a conservative 2cc's. I definitely had restriction for about a week, almost 2, but then it was gone. POOF! Like I never had it. Now I feel pre-band again. Can't wait for my next one. That feeling of restriction really curbed my appetite, but still allowed me to eat regular food. It was great. I would like to achieve this as my norm :)

Update: I have restriction!

That first fill after a 2 year hiatis didn't do the trick.

I gave it a good month to tighten up, it didn't, I went back, and voila. I am now back up to 2.6cc in a 4cc band and I have restriction.

Welcome back restriction.

Let the losing begin.

The interesting thing is, the last time I was at this same fill, I weighed 245 pounds.

I am currently 190 and heading back to my goal weight of 175 or less.

I am 5' 11" btw

A good fill feels good

After a fill I do notice more restriction when I return to solids; and it is most noticible for the first two weeks then goes down a little. But I also find the band feels tighter some days more than others.

Since I posted this my restriction has "come back". So bizarre !

I had my first fill Feb 10, a conservative 2cc's. I definitely had restriction for about a week, almost 2, but then it was gone. POOF! Like I never had it. Now I feel pre-band again. Can't wait for my next one. That feeling of restriction really curbed my appetite, but still allowed me to eat regular food. It was great. I would like to achieve this as my norm :)

My fills are immediate but I know a lot of people who don't feel it until about the 2-3 week mark, and then -boom- Hello restriction!

A local bandster once drew me a visual of her theory on why this happens (we were theorizing about all things band) and it was kind of like - restriction kicks in and places pressure, but then it takes time for the pressure to "collapse" the organ wall.

I've never seen that verified, but it's an interesting theory.

I myself have not heard it put in such a way. Today I don't seem to have "restriction" at all, it's taking will power .......btw, saw your personal quote--you were banded in 2006 and have not had any success?

My fills are immediate but I know a lot of people who don't feel it until about the 2-3 week mark, and then -boom- Hello restriction!

A local bandster once drew me a visual of her theory on why this happens (we were theorizing about all things band) and it was kind of like - restriction kicks in and places pressure, but then it takes time for the pressure to "collapse" the organ wall.

I've never seen that verified, but it's an interesting theory.