Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Hi Y'all!

Taking a break from the ball games, the Rose Bowl, and the Mavs are both playing!:) Mav's look terrible right now though, can't see them winning tonight!

Beanie - Glad to see you here tonight. Make some time for yourself, quit working quite so hard! I know, you have to, but slow it down just a little bit and take a big breath! Don't they know they are messing up our LBT?

Pat - Not working yet, although I have another interview at the same place on Friday. Now, I sure hope I don't walk in the Men's room again!:)

Zan - I'm like you, I can't stand those big crowds!

Sherry - Congrats on the date! It will be here before you know it! I know you must be getting excited. I remember how excited I was to get a date!

Anne - That is so cute about your little boy. Congrats on the bedroom suite. I love to get new furniture! I do a little bit of everything, accounts payable, payroll, administrative assistant, office manager, medicare/insurance billing, purchasing, you name it, I have probably done it! I like the accounting part most of all though and that is what I am wanting to get back into.

Leslie - My doctor told me hair loss was hormones, nothing to do with the Protein. It will straighten itself out though, it actually starts growing in as you are losing it. I lost a lot, but it grew back nicely.

Cindy - I bet those kids will miss you when you retire!

Well, I'm going to go watch some more of the game. Catch you all tomorrow!

Good Morning :)

I can't believe I only got 2 days left of my vacation :) no more until next december waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Here we go again, its a gloomy day in NJ, cloudy skys and foggy. Whats with this? lol

DD is awake and we are watching the Scooby Doo #2 movie for the 100000000 time HAA !! kids.

Anne, next year when you give your SIL the drum set, make sure you give her lots of finger paints :guess

Beanie we'll figure out something when you get up here. Boy work went from boring to crazy for you.... w/no time inbetween. I hope you get that promotion your after or a few jersey boys will have to visit texas :)

Pat, that guys poor grandmother.... must hurt every time she passes away.. ROFLMFAO !!! who does he think he's fooling ? duh. Our company is in the top 100 companies for "working mothers"...ya wanna know what we say to that.. BULL KAKA!!!

Cindy, I'm glad your preping the kids for when your gone. They probably don't really realize what you are saying. Its gonna hit them next year. How old are the kids, 11 ? I'm still jealous that your retiring waaah, can I come with you lololol.

Betty who won the game last night? your team I hope. lol I can not watch any sport but hocky. To slow for my adhd mind...no lie. Baseball is a killer for me roflmfao!!

Zan, I know what you mean about leaving the city and heading for jersey new years....that place is a zoo. What amazes me is the amount of small kids that are there. There's no freakin way I'd go and/or bring my kid. OMG. I hate crowds too.

Sherry COOL !!!!!! you got a date, I'm so happy for you. What do you have to do b/4 surgery? anything? meaning liquids, etc...testing. Everyone is so different.

Doc you still with us or did we scare you away like we did to Ira and Lisa LOL.

Nothing planned for me today... tomorrow is my fill so today is the last day I can eat b/4 going on the liquids tomorrow (3) days then mushies...etc. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Never had a fill.... gosh I hope it doesn't hurt. My hearts gonna be pounding away w/nerves. How long does this procedure take anyway?

Oh well off to on line shopping ;)

Good Morning!

Just a little chilly here this morning, only going to be in the 60's today!

Eileen - Fills have never hurt me, and they only take about a minute to do! They have me lay down, they feel for the port, mark a spot then numb it and then put some fill in, have me sit back up and drink Water. That's it! Don't worry, you'll wonder why you were so nervous after it is all done!:) :) :)

Texas won last night in the "Rose Bowl" Yeah!!!!!! It really was a good game! Mav's lost though, they looked really bad from the start!

I am going to try to take my DH cell phone in today, he has been having trouble with it for a while and he really needs it while working. It just keeps going dead on him and that's not good! It isn't even a year old, so we'll see what excuses they give to me! We have cingular and since they took over AT&T it has been terrible. Hopefully now that they are going back with the AT&T name things will get better.

Good morning to all that haven't posted!

I'll check back later!

Greetings New Jersey Girls from your token Florida chick!!!!!'

You guy's are great! I got so much support : - )

Renebean: Thanks for the welcome. Don't know much about Jersey, but Ya'll are wonderful.

Sherry: Yes a week from today.... OOOHHHH! Thought I was ok until yesterday when I started acting testy and crying for "no" reason. Yaeh righ! no reason, but my brain having private meetings with out me....LOL

Betty: Thanks for the welcome. The popcorn days are counting down and I'm enjoying it while I can.

Eileen: I have gone from a quick "thanks" in the morning to getting down on my knees this morining and turning my life and will over to my higher power. I feel, better, but I am definitely off a little bit.

Pat: Didn't really want that hamburger, but for you I had it... Did you "feel" it?

OK, as for me. I am coming to an end and I think I am grieving food! Does that make any sense? I don't know. I did travel for a living and took my son and his girl to the airport yesterday to go back to Boston and the flight was the day before! Bough a Vacume that turned out to be a rug shampooer !

Here is the worst.... had to shop in the men's department to find a pair of shorts to take with me to mexico for surgery.... I was very depressed after that!

None of my clothes fit and I have been squeezing my fat A-- into things don't fit for a month now. Don't want to buy that next size up You Know? It would push me over the edge.

How did I get here? I can't figure it out! Yes I can. I ate emotionally and not intellectually and now I have to change.....

HELP JERSEY GIRLS...... I am struggling!

Doc you are acting normal! It's only natural that you are scared, nervous, and excited all at once. I would think something was wrong with you if your weren't!:) Make sure you take something loose with you for after surgery. I wore a big lounger type dress and it was perfect. I didn't wear my bra home either! You might want to take a small travel pillow with you for the ride home, it sure helps the belly! I would also suggest if you are going to Mexico, travel very light, you won't want to carry much after the surgery, but do take a bottle of Water or gatorade with you for the ride back. If someone is going with you, they might want to take some Snacks with them also.

Well, I got the phone problem handled, after going to the cingular store, they gave me a number to call from home:mad: Why can't you just go to one place and get taken care of anymore? Anyway, they are sending me a new phone for DH in the mail. They wanted to know if I wanted it sent express for $7.50 or regular mail. I ask where it would be mailed from and they said Grand Prairie which only takes a day anyway so I saved the $7.50!

I guess it is time for me to get some work done around here, I have been playing all day!

Later!

Good Morning Dudes & Dudettes!

Miss Patty is home on the range. I see we have some new faces here on this thread and I wanted to greet them... Anne(who I know from other posts) and Sherry and Doc. Welcome ladies, this is the funniest place to be. Let me recap what I kinda did over the holidays. 7am on Christmas day I drove to Santa Barbara to visit my widowed Mom and to be with her and my only sister during the winter break from school. The boys and I had a great time. When I wasn't dragging the boys to see the local tourist traps we were playing scrabble or watching the food network. I did some after christmas sales and I got a thrift store santa boot for my collection(32 cents!) and a mini grazing fawn that lights up, a tree skirt for $1, and 4 mini hallmark ornaments :) very happy with my purchases. On the morning before we were to leave Mom took us all out to Dennys for Breakfast and while standing infront of the car I tripped and fell over the car stop brick.... I didn't even see it! Well, I hit the ground hard and was pretty dazed. Channing wanted just to lift me up but us 40somethings don't just spring up. I took out both knees, 2 toenails and my left palm took all the weight and has a nasty bruise. When I got home I took tylenol and kept that up all evening. I was able to drive home on Jan 4th but one of my knees was getting stiff, I am much better today. Yesterday, when I got home at 1:45 I instantly remembered that I needed to call my dietician to schedule an appointment. When I got her on the phone she told me that the referral says that I have high cholesterol and diabetes. I must have made a weird noise cause she asked me about diabetes and I said that I don't have it. After I hung up I started to think.... do I have it? Could my PCP know something and didn't tell me? Now, I'm all concerned that I'm gonna die and that I'll never get to eat birthday cake again. And I'm really really sad. What have I done to myself. My appointment is for Jan 10th and I'll ask all my questions then. I'm kind of shaken up by all this and wanted these prep weeks before surgery to go smoothly. I need hugs and I'm a bit scared. I'll chat later.... the kids are getting up.

Welcome back Patty!

Gosh, that must have been a painful fall you took there girl! Glad you are doing better today!:)

I would call your PCP and ask them about the tests. It most likely is that the test showed your sugar at the high end and she picked up on it. No use worrying yourself sick, call your doctor's office and ask them what it means. I bet the nurse can just look at your file and tell you.:)

Sounds like you found some really good bargains!

Keep us posted!

Hugs!

Anne, that is TOO funny! You HAVE uncovered the secret plot...make a note of what to buy for next Christmas...you SIL will know immediately that you're on to her evil scheme! LOL! I like your goal of being in "onederland" by April. Dare I even hope for that? I"ll be watching you, though!

Beanie - I guess the first of the year is a big rat race for you! Take time for yourself, okay?

Pat - I like your idea about the clothing...but I will also be more than happy to talk with you about selling clothes on Ebay. There's more than one approach; you can decide what sounds right for you and what you're selling.

Eileen, hope you have lots of sunshine!

Sherry, We're sorta over the playdough stage in my house, now it's electronics and still Barbies (that girl is high maintenance...have you seen her shoe closet?!)

Gotta go, it's lunch time, and I'm on a strict schedule! Remember those days?

Hugs, Cindy

Hey Everyone, Another boring day in Tauntonville...no margaritas for me lol. Just another day of work work work. I had an appointment with my PCP today but I cancelled it. Didn't feel like going sooo now I'm going tomorrow. dang nabbit why is it when I want to go I can't get an appointment and when i don't wanna they have them all open? Maybe I should change my name to Murphy ( as in Murphy's law? lol)

It's cold and drizzly today but I did happen to notice that it was light at 5pm when I left work instead of dark. That's a good sign :)

Caught my dog walking around the cover of the swimming pool when I got home. Brave soul she is...some day that ice won't be so strong and DS is going to be in big trouble for letting her out there without supervision grrrrrrrr.

My mom made some nice kale Soup and let me have some. Doesn't food taste better when someone else makes it? hahaha. I think I'm getting the mindset to like Soup. Kind of a good thing considering I'm going to be living on it for a while huh? Trying to get to the logical thinking about food so I don't blow this thing. I did good with the holiday...lost 5 pounds since Dec 4th (1st bariatric meeting) made the surgeon impressed yesterday but of course I still need to lose before surgery. I set my 2006 challenge to 10 pounds so I'm trying :)

Hope you all have a great night!

Hugs

Hi everyone! I'm having a weird week... I was extra restricted last week, but it was my time of the month so I didn't think much of it. But, it never went away and the last few days I've been so restricted that I'm stuck with liquid (water keeps me full for hours). So, it's off to the band doc for an unfill tomorrow. I'm not sure why I'm not nervous - I know this can be a sign of slippage, but I'm optimistic that my restriction is just fluctuating and I need an adjustment.

The over-restriction is causing reflux at night so I haven't been able to sleep. It should be interesting... I only have 1cc, so he can't take out that much. I don't know if he plans on following me up with further testing - hopefully it will resolve and I'll still have enough restriction left to keep losing. Wish me luck tomorrow!

Sorry to ramble... Really I just wanted to wish everybody a good night! :)

Hey All!!

I am here, I am finally here when I have more than ten seconds to dash off a reply. YaHoo!!

Cindy - Retiring? Wow! I also had planned to be a teacher - and took lots of the classes and did an internship or two - but my advisor told me my communication level was for middle to high-school level - and I really only wanted to play with the little kids... *sigh*. If I had just suffered the torture of teaching high-school, I could be retiring now, too... (maybe!)

Anne - you are getting started on this matching furniture business EARLY... DH and I were married for 12 yrs before we got away from that GoodWill Chic look in our house. We didn't get new or matching furniture until we re-located to Texas... (I live in TX - but I get to travel to our NY office for work) and BWAHAHAHAH - if you get an electronic keyboard in the house from that same SIL next year, you will KNOW.

Sherry - how is the "bike butt"? Any relief, yet? I finally dragged my lard-butt back to the gym - and wrestled with the Evil Eliptical for a full 15 minutes before my heart rate topped the danger zone... Yee haw, not too much loss of stamina for being out for over a month! Glad your dog didn't fall into the pool!

Zan - did you ever figure out where the closest train station to Pearl River is? I would love to meet you, too. If nothing else, I might have to train into town one night - just to check it out. I have never been to Times Square or any of those cool places.

Pat - It must be sad in the house without all those wonderful Santas... I always get a little meloncholy when I Un-Decorate. Are the Dreadmill and the Yoga ball still getting along?? lol! You guys are cracking me up with that. And a new car... ooooooh. I am jealous! (only a little though). I am going to drive my car until it collapses into a little rusty heap. I love not having a car payment... And, is it like the office joke - every time that guy is out every says "oh, his Grandmother must have died?" That's too funny. He must be a good employee otherwise (I hope!). Hope you are doing great!

Betty - see, I am here. I am posting. I am as sane as I ever get. It was just a short-term issue. they have re-structured the job a little so that the work is more regular/frequent - but that is good. I used to get bored... I am not much of a sports person... I couldn't care less about football - and I am only lukewarm on BasketBall. If the Mavs make the playoffs, I will tune in. Until then, I leave it to the die-hard fans... Oh - and GOOD LUCK on the interview tomorrow!!!

Dianne - STEP AWAY FROM THE YODELS, just put the box on the floor and nobody has to get hurt.... Did you get your fill, today? I don't think I even want to KNOW what a yodel is, since Eileen used it next to the word Ding Dong - Dang. I love those Ding Dongs. They rank high as a secret closet junk food of choice.

Leslie - I have also read that Biotin and trace mineral supplements are helpful with the hair loss. Good luck with that. I am not looking forward to thinning hair. But I guess I could survive if I also got a thinning butt... And congrats on getting rid of the Fat clothes! That's a big step.

Eileen - I don't know that we scared Ira off - I think he is just sooooo close to goal that he doesn't hang out here much any more... At least I hope so! I can't say about Lisa. We are a pretty scary bunch!! Oooooo and tomorrow is your first fill...How exciting!! I hope you get the perfect restriction (or at least SOME) so you can get this show on the road! Good Luck, Bunky.

Doc - yep. You probably are grieving for food... I have read stories about bandster melt-downs when it finally sunk in that they simply could NOT eat the foods they once did. Here's some good news, though. Once your stomach is healed from surgery - and before your first fill, you will be able to eat again, momentarily. (just ask Eileen!).

PATTY!!! What a welcome home! But don't panic, even if you have diabetes....DH has it - and you can still eat cake - once in a while. Just remember - a carb is a carb is a carb. It's all about balance. The first thing to do is be sure your dietician wasn't readying from the wrong chart or something. Call your pcp! Oh, and one more reminder - We are ALL going to die... it's just a matter of when, and what we do with the time between now and then. Deep cleansing breaths, Honey. Hope you feel better from that fall.

Janice - how is it going with you? 23 pounds is FAB. I am proud of you! Keep up the great work - and check in with us. We love to hear from you...

OK - as I type, I can see that Ira is looking in. Hi Ira!!

You all have a great night. I will check in tomorrow.

xo

Hi Gang,

I got my fill today! The yodels are gone!!! Yippie.

I'm 2 cc's now.

Zan and Renebean I know that there is a train station in Suffern NY near Mahwah. Not sure if that helps.

Time to hit the sack.

night night.

Hey Dianne,

Thanks for that info... if I knew the name of "The Train" I could probably find all the stations on a lovely map on-line... But there are LOTS of different mass transit listings for NYC and I don't know the local geography well enough to figure out which one runs in the right area.

Help me out folks - what is the name of the transit service that runs trains out that way? Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Irene

I'm thinking about you, Eileen! Have you had "the fill" yet? I hope it went easy for you!

It's Friday!!!!!! I tell you, these short weeks are the hardest weeks. I (oops!) volunteered to be on this little committee at school, so we whined until the principal let us have our meeting at Starbucks instead of at school! Sometimes, us school marms can overpower the giant! After all, who would want a bunch of feisty teachers looking for ways to get revenge? Believe me, it wouldn't be a pretty scene. LOL!

Beanie, I bet you would be a prefectly wonderful elementary teacher...something those test don't know is that some people, like you, are smart enough to adjust your communication level to those with whom you are communicating....it's not really rocket science. And, perhaps that test doesn't know the level high school kids communicate on these days, anyway. I swear, sometimes I just ask them if we have spun back in time to 4th grade or what? (Time warps do exist...just come to my class!)

Doc, I want to reassure you that you are thinking and acting in a perfectly normal way before making a life-affirming (some say "changing") decision like lapband surgery. You are right to reflect on the meaning of food, and you are right to "mourn" it. This process continues, even after surgery. With God's help, your inner wisdom, and some great support from here, you will get through all the issues. Just keep trying. You are going to be okay.

Patty, sorry about your fall...I think the worst thing about falling like that is just the feeling you get that you are such a goof! Then, you have to suffer the indignity of stiff knees, and walking like you are 90! I hope you get better soon! Have you called the doctor yet? Please do, if you haven't already. No need to fret over stuff like that, when you can see if there was an error, and if not, deal with the issue.

Well, I've only had time to come to LBT during school, and have been too busy when I get home in the evening, but it's a weekend now, so I'll have some more time. I forgot to say, "Hook'em Horns!" and "Texas #1!" I went to UT for 2 of my years of college....great game, right, Betty?

Gotta run, hugs, Cindy

Good Morning,

I kinda slept in this morning.... last day of vacation. Thanks for the healing thoughts, my body is back to normal. Today I have planned to run lots and lots of errands. My kids will hate me! My most important mission today is....... renewing my ANNUAL DISNEY PASS. I let my membership expire... on purpose and today I will be dropping it in the mail. Anyway, Since it's the beginning of the month I had to call the ex to remind him that he needs to pay to pay for braces,daycare, glasses and 1/2 of a Disney Pass. While he was over at the house he asked if a package arrived with his name on it. What package I asked(hehehe). Well, he said... I got something ordered from ebay and they said it arrived. Nooooo, I said don't know anything about it(hehehe). Then he left. The man hasn't lived here for 3 years, why do you think he is having ebay deliver to my house?? OK, so I have the box but I haven't decided to play hostess to this little game. Did my address accidently happen (uhhh, NO)why then doesn't he use his home or business address. This is the man who has refused to pay court ordered attorney fees and cleaned out the 401K so that I have no retirement. Something fishy here.

Before I go, I wanted to send my best wishes to Eileen on her fill. The first one would be alittle nerve wracking and I don't want her to hurt.

I'll be calling my PCP to get another referral -- I want to get on the band wagon in 2006!:)