Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Yee Haw!!

Can you say "LapTop in my Hotel Room?" Sure you can!

I have to run to dinner - but I am up and connected - so I will check back with you after I get back. *sigh* happiness is a wireless internet connection...

:]

Beanie, a question: Since I am new to the wireless/laptop scene, and rarely go on trips, how does the hook-up work? Do I pay extra to use the hotel's wi-fi? How do you connect to the internet if you are not near your ISP computer? Am I asking stupid questions? (there's no such thing as a stupid question....repeat) Have a good trip! Cindy

Cindy - this is my first foray into travelling with the lap top - but of course, this is why I bought it.

I am sure that each hotel is different - but at the Hilton, they have their own network. You just View Available Wireless Networks - and (this is key) log on to the right one... I wasn't able to get in touch with you guys last night because I picked the wrong one...

Anyway, once I got connected to the correct network, it just zipped me to a netscape page and off I went. I am gambling - because the front desk told me several wrong things - so I don't know if this is costing me money or not... But, I am hoping that the front desk was right about the fee, if they were right about anything. He said $5/day. It might even be free - since I never passed through a gateway, or told them my room number or anything. I'll let you know when I get my bill on Saturday!

Anyway.... As for a meet - I would love to have coffee or lunch or shopping or whatever with any and all of you that can make it out this way. My only restrictions on Saturday are that I will have no vehicle - and I have to be on a plane at 3:55 pm - so I need to be at the newark airport NO LATER than 3pm - and that would be rushing.

Where can we go between Pearl River and Newark Airport?? Chime in folks, I know nothing...

Patty, I am sorry about the blood pressure. Lay off the salt, and be sure you get where you need to be in plenty of time to relax for 5-10 minutes before they test you again. Hopefully it will be down low enough to suit them. Oh - and I think keeping your head from popping off can be considered a job requirement... :]

Ira - I would Love to have coffee with you. Friday night, or Saturday morning/mid-day. You pick the time and the place.

Pat, we're just having some fun with you on that outfit... It was all that talk about Sturgis and the girls who don't know how to dress. I'm not exactly sure how we got to designing an "outfit" for you - but it's all in fun.

Keri - how are you doing? I love those relaxing days too - but it sounds like I get to indulge in them just a little more often.

I have been eating everything since I got here... Last time I traveled alone - so I had a WHOLE lot more control over my life after the workday was done. This time, I am travelling with my boss and two co-workers. The Boss Man is wining and dining us every day for lunch and again for Dinner... Last night we had heavenly Italian food at Il Fresco. Tonight it was Japanese grill at the Mt Fuji. Very nice... Tomorrow night we are going into Manhattan - we haven't decided where - but it should be fun - if fattening.

Then, on Friday, the boys all fly home - and I will be FREE to visit with my NJ friends. (but without a vehicle). I may just rent a car and have them bring it to me at work on Friday. That way, I won't be so lame on Saturday. I could even pick up Zan at a train station... Yeah, that is sounding better every minute.

So, New York & New Jersey - Anywhere between Pearl River and Newark... Friday night or Saturday. What's cool?

Talk to you later!

***Oh - I almost forgot - on Monday - DH and I went to the gym - I did a record 21 minutes against the Evil Eliptical! WOO HOO!!!

Hi Everyone !!

Sorry I haven't been here, work has been hairy.

Beanie, WTF? I didn't know you were here now and you've uncovered my identity... Spacy Chick ROFL !!! yep thats me. I thought you were coming this saturday ? BRAIN FART! So whats the schedule, are you saying Saturday looks good. Friday I have company coming to my house after work... no, I didn't invite them, they invited themselves LOL, so I'm stuck.

Cindy, stuck scale syndrom.... YEP !!! And get this crap, I'm on the dreaded dreadmill EVERY NIGHT !!! phooie.

Betty my doc won't give me a fill until my next visit..if I don't lose... I'm really struggling. I'm eating HUGE amounts of food. I'm trying to keep most of it w/veggies but obviously its not working. I'm just trying not to gain :eek: I go see him Feb 10th.... I might switch it to Feb 3rd hmmmmmmmm!!!! I'll call to see if I can.

Nothing much is new, sosdd. Hurry up summer, I've had it with this winter stuff.

I've been a good girl with exercise, I get on the mill for about 1/2 hr each night and thats a miracle.

Patty good luck!!! don't be nervous...the schmucks are no different than us, remember that.

Okay let me try to surf this place.

TTYL

Bummerrrrr!

One of my girls in the office walked out yesterday, which means, I have to go to work every day, at least until I get someone new. That's the worst part, interviewing people, I hate it, just hate it! You wouldn't believe how many people I hire and fire during an interview, LOL. I'll be talking to someone and asking a few questions, getting a good feel, then they start talking and talking and talking.

They start telling me they know somebody I know or someone who worked for me, or a friend of a friend,ERRR, just what I want to hear, you know what that means, the next time they're out having a cocktail or dinner with this "friend", my personal business will be the topic of discussion, NOT. I prefer hiring people who do not know me or anyone who knows me, that way if they're filing my bank statements or happen to see my deposits or if they get disgruntled, ewww, it's just a trying time right now, thanks for letting me vent.

Anyway, Rene, I know you were kidding, but me in leathers, LMAO, you wouldn't want to even imagine.

Eileen, congratulations on the exercising, I'm proud of ya.

Cindy, and anyone else who wants to play, I'll fire up the jetskis and we'll play on those a while,then head to the beach. Just pick a day or weekend, Eileen, you're definately close enough to participate.

Ok, gotta go to work now...later.

I HAD to share this with all of you... (((hope Im not crashing the party)))

pretty creative advertisement, dont you think?

post-204070-13813132710428_thumb.jpg

Dear Pat,

Go, ahead and vent away. I am so sorry that one of your girls just split. Back in the days when I was with a law firm we interviewed alot.... and we sent most of those applicants home. One day at a time, that new girl will be just what you've been looking for :bandit .

Hey, I survived my first real day at work.... no throw-up kids(yeah). At my morning meeting I met the 30+ other health aides in the district and was awestruck. This is such an enormous job, and I am honored to be a small part of it. Thanks Rene, for telling me about salt intake, I had forgotten that raises BP. I have been walking everymorning at 6am and drinking lots of green tea. When I get re-tested I will then sign my work papers to make me official.... but just being here 3 days they won't want to get rid of me -- interviewing for this position is a bitch. I found out that I beat out a 21year old because she didn't have "life experience", wow makes me feel old.... nah, my motherhood and experience I wear proudly -- I earned it and ya can't take it away.

Eileen & Beanie: back together again you troublemakers!

Doc: tell me what the band feels like?

Sherry: try any new shakes lately?

Cindy: were you asking about hand blenders.... I love mine and keep spares. PM me.

Well, gotta go,

Good morning y'all!

I just can't get my mind on working today! UGH! I busted my butt yesterday trying to get everything in so they could take it back for me and today I am wanting to play. I have to get busy!:eek:

Beanie - The Mav's won big time!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Enjoy your great meals!

Cindy - Everywhere I ever stayed at the hookups were free!

I have a hand blender too, and I love it! Mine has two speeds on it, just stick it in whatever and turn it on. Nothing to it!:D

Patty - I think things are looking good for you! Your job sounds like it fits you great!

Pat - I wish I lived closer, I'd take you up on that offer, I just love the lake!

Paula - You cracked me up, that is just too cool! ROFLMAO!

Eileen - Tell them you can't quit eating, they'll get you in early! Now, you and Beanie don't tear up the town this time!:laugh :laugh :laugh

Ann and Sherry, where are you two? And Kaire!

Doc - how is it going for you? Are you feeling better?

Well, got to get my arse in gear and get this job going! Back to work!

QUICKIE !!!

Betty I know how you feel, my heart isn't into work either...lets go play.

Pat you vent away...... Sorry for the trouble at work. Interviewing does suck.. I can't imagine holding a strait face when you know people are bull crapin. Have a good week and I hope you get some one fast.

Paula ROFLMFAO !!! You'd never crash this place... b/c your always invited. So is everyone else.

Patty, glad you survived w/no cookie tossing from the kids :eek: HUGS !! Are you feeling better now that your walking? YOU FEEL OLD !!!!! me too chicken little, me too.

Gotta run... zoooooooooooom !

LOoks like we're in a "write and run" kinda day!

Paula, there's not such thing as a party crasher here! LOVE the pic! Hilarious!

Pat, dang! You know, I bet it is so hard to find good, trustworthy help. Emphasis on the trust. You are a good judge of character, so you will eventually find someone you know will do a good job for you. Sorry you're having to work your Buns off...if it would only work that way, we wouldn't mind! LOL!

Patty, congrats on a good day with no pukin'.

Betty, how long do you think it'd take to ride out to VA? Mmmmm. I'm afraid it would be like a Thelma and Louise thing, and that couldn't be good! LOL!

Beanie, good info...yes, let me know what happens when you get your bill. Have fun!

See ya guys, everyone hang tough! Cindy

Howdy folks!

Another glorious day in NY - DONE! Yippee, that much closer to Saturday.

Pat - Oh yeah, I am getting the vision... tight leather pants and a leather halter. Got any tattoos? Come on, we know you must have been a wild child at least once in your life... LOL! OK, OK, we'll stop. But it is just such an incongruous vision that it makes me laugh. I just can't imagine you dressing anything like that (without laughing) because it seems SOOOOO "not Pat". Good luck with the hiring thing. So many of the young folks these days just DON'T have any work ethic. And you just fee free to vent whenever you want to. That's why we are here.

Paula - that add is just crazy-tacky - but boy would it get your attention on the freeway. Yikes! Too funny...

Patty - Yay for Life Experience! I think they just mean because you actually HAVE kids, you are more likely to know when it's no big thing, and when you should call the ER. Besides, there is something comforting about a Mom that a 21 year old chickie cannot possibly duplicate - and that's what you need in a school nurse.

Betty - GO MAVS!! I am such a "root for the home team" kind of gal. And I opted NOT to do the whole NYC downtown dinner thing tonight. I have big black circles under my eyes because I never sleep properly in a hotel, even a nice one. The downtown thing just seemed like too much.

Eileenie - any ideas on things to do on Saturday?

**IRA - We can always have coffee right here at the Pearl River Hilton...or I can come to you. I have the vehicle thing covered. You can reach me to make plans at 845-735-9000 - rm 201

Cindy - yesterday was some kind of a fluke on the internet thing. Today they queried me for my name and room number. $5/day for internet at the Pearl River Hilton. Of course, countless other hotels do offer free internet, so you can choose your hotel accordingly.

Well, friends, I have to go and scrounge some dinner.

hugs!

Thanks, Beanie...I am learning by asking questions. I"m not really planning on going anywhere, but we are going to Maine this summer. Somehow, I don't think our cabin will have wi-fi. But, I"ll check, just to be sure.

It's hard to type with two dogs bumping into your elbows!

Cindy

Hey everyone..I'm here and not here lol. My hubby is sick so been taking care of him.

Just did boring stuff today...drive, work, drive, home, cook, check email now time for bed. UGH. Hopefully I'll be able to connect again this weekend. I'll leave you with this thought though heh heh......

Was thinking this morning (get the fire extinquisher heh heh) that WHEN I get smaller.....How do you by underwear? I mean....I haven't been a number size underwear in a long time. Like....is it my shoe size like people say? I hardly think I'll ever be a size 8 in panties when I'm used to buying, hippy, extra hippy and Jagunda Holey Mamma break out the fitted sheet size and call em Gramma undies. Hhaaaaaaa cracking myself up. Not sure where I'll even begin....ohhhhh I look forward to that day!!!!

(hope I made you smile)

Sherry

Good Morning Y'all!

Well, I didn't get much work done yesteday, not because I got to play thought, my DB came over to work on my computer. I was glad to get things back to normal on my computer though! So, needless to say I have to bust a$$ today!:cry

Beanie - I can't sleep in hotels either, even when we go on vacation it takes me most of the week to start to sleep in a strange bed, and then it's not good!

Cindy - Yeah, we would get in trouble for sure if we went that far together!:eek:

Sherry - You cracked me up with the underware! Sorry you DH is sick,:sick does he have the flu?

I have to get busy early today, I have to double my entries and go to the store. I am out of paper for my printer, and out of staples too and I have to have both of those for my work!

Quick hello to Patty, Pat, Paula, Karie, Zan, Ivan, Dianne, and Doc and Eileen. I probably missed someone, seems like I have a brain fart today! :heh:

Catch you later!

Good morning everybody! We decided very last minute to hop in the car a day early and drive 3 hours to my sister's place in Cadillac, MI. It's my nephew's birthday tomorrow so the whole family will be here. Of course, that means that I forgot to pack half of our stuff (including the birthday boys' present - oops!). My sister is having one of those McDonalds Playland parties and she invited everyone in Noah's kindergarden class. So far, 15 kids have RSVP'd, plus there are 7 cousins. Should be lots of fun (she said sarcastically). The good thing is, with all those kids no one will notice that I forgot to bring a present. :)

Cindy, make sure that your laptop has a wireless card installed. Usually they're bundled with the computer, but not always. It's surprisingly easy to get onto a wireless network. Meaning, even I can do it so you can too. DH always travels with his laptop. You can pay to use the wireless network at the airport, so if his flight gets delayed he can camp out and work.

I'm a little tired today... We stayed up late playing poker last night. After I paid off my hubbies losses I was up $55! Time for me to go professional I think, ROFL. I love gambling, which is why I only do it rarely. The last thing I need is a new addiction now that I've (hopefully) given the food addiction the boot.

This weekend is going to be a challenge food wise. There are yummy things to eat everywhere I turn. DS is on her way home with doughnuts right now. Fortunately, I think I'd yak on a doughnut when I'm so tight in the morning, so I'm probably safe. I actually got in 3 workouts this past week! I've lost the 3 lbs that I gained back at the beginning of January. Woo hoo!!

Sherry, isn't that the truth with the underwear? My DD (who is 2) was walking around with a pair of my undies on. Needless to say, it looked like she was wearing a dress, lol. I'm not sure how to size underwear, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with shoe size. Otherwise, I'd have some mighty big feet. :D Wearing cute underwear is an NSV that I'm really looking forward to.

Patty, congrats on beating out that 21 year old! On the blood pressure thing, my sister tells the tech before they begin that they will have to take her BP twice. It's always high the first time and fine the second. I've done that too. I really hate the pain of having my arm squeezed (I'm really sensitive there and it leaves bruising), so I tense up. Try some deep breathing for a few minutes beforehand too.

I had my annual stir-up exam yesterday. She said that my left breast feels strange and wants me to follow up with a boob doctor to have an exam. I'm assuming they're going to do a mammogram. I'm only 32, so I'm not overly worried (well, okay, I'm a little worried). I talked to my brother-in-law (who is a doc) and he agrees that it's probably just a consistency change due to weight loss. Of course, I wouldn't let him check it himself because that would just be weird, lol.

Beanie, I hope your trip to NY is going well! I wish I could be there tomorrow to have coffee... If you're ever passing through MI for some reason, don't forget about me! Real estate is the one industry that hasn't suffered too badly here (though they say that's about to change for the worse).

Pat, that's too bad about the office worker. I used to interview for my job too, and I hated it. I can see where you would worry about finding someone who would keep quiet about your financials. Privacy is important, and money brings up sooo many issues. Good luck finding your replacement so that you can go back to sewing your buttless chaps for Sturgis! ROFLMAO!

Paula, good to see you - that pic is great! Spacey Chick, how are things? Sounds like you're looking forward to the weekend! How is everybody else doing? Happy Friday everyone!