Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 11/17 only lost 13 lbs

It's been so long, I do not remember, but the average weight loss with the band is 1-2 lbs per week.

Yeah, I'm sure it will! I'm just quite surprised that they don't tell you these things at the seminar, or at least during your consult. Oh well, I'd still do it again I'm sure!

When were you banded Mattie? From what i've been reading.. it doesn't seem to "kick in" until after 6 months. Right after i get my fill i'm good, but now that i'm coming towards a fill, it seems like i have to watch what i eat more than anything.

Hi folks

I was banded on 11/18. My progress has been steady (slow, but steady) and my goal is 1-2 pounds a week. At that rate I can reach my goal by the end of 2011. I've only had 1 fill and don't anticipate getting another until the first week of Feb.

I have found that a large part of feeling "full" is truly eyeing your portions and knowing when to stop eating, even if you don't feel full. Then, I wait for about 5-7 minutes and I begin to feel full, even though I don't "think" I will be full based on what I ate. After 10-15 minutes, I'm definitely full. That's all a part of learning to eat slowly, which I am still working on. I rarely feel "restriction" and I've never had to throw up. Mostly because I am so afraid of that happening that I stop eating before I reach the point of being stuffed. The only times I've felt weird and uncomfortable was when I ate too much raw broccoli too fast. That hurt like hades.

Folks - we all know this is hard work. It was hard work to walk in the door and say that we were ready for the surgery. It was hard work to have the surgery and survive the recovery. And the hard work will not end there. It continues, and is especially hard in the first several months after surgery - thats when we are "learning" to live with the band. We have to STOP eating the way we did before. We have to eat differently, otherwise the band will not work.

We have to exercise! Exercise is not an option when you're trying to lose weight and be healthy. It is a requirement. I do not like it, I never have. But 3x a week I get up at 6 in the morning and I just do it. Because I don't want all the hard work I've put in so far to go to waste. I can't afford it, mentally, emotionally or financially (I don't know about you, but this band has cost me a little change and I had insurance!).

YOU CAN DO IT!! Focus on yourself! Imagine all the great clothes you will wear when you get the weight off!

Hi folks

I was banded on 11/18. My progress has been steady (slow, but steady) and my goal is 1-2 pounds a week. At that rate I can reach my goal by the end of 2011. I've only had 1 fill and don't anticipate getting another until the first week of Feb.

I have found that a large part of feeling "full" is truly eyeing your portions and knowing when to stop eating, even if you don't feel full. Then, I wait for about 5-7 minutes and I begin to feel full, even though I don't "think" I will be full based on what I ate. After 10-15 minutes, I'm definitely full. That's all a part of learning to eat slowly, which I am still working on. I rarely feel "restriction" and I've never had to throw up. Mostly because I am so afraid of that happening that I stop eating before I reach the point of being stuffed. The only times I've felt weird and uncomfortable was when I ate too much raw broccoli too fast. That hurt like hades.

Folks - we all know this is hard work. It was hard work to walk in the door and say that we were ready for the surgery. It was hard work to have the surgery and survive the recovery. And the hard work will not end there. It continues, and is especially hard in the first several months after surgery - thats when we are "learning" to live with the band. We have to STOP eating the way we did before. We have to eat differently, otherwise the band will not work.

We have to exercise! Exercise is not an option when you're trying to lose weight and be healthy. It is a requirement. I do not like it, I never have. But 3x a week I get up at 6 in the morning and I just do it. Because I don't want all the hard work I've put in so far to go to waste. I can't afford it, mentally, emotionally or financially (I don't know about you, but this band has cost me a little change and I had insurance!).

YOU CAN DO IT!! Focus on yourself! Imagine all the great clothes you will wear when you get the weight off!

THANK YOU! I needed this! You are absolutley right!