Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOOKING FOR BANDERS IN THEIR 50'S!!!

roseyposey
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I am Kim and live down in Crandall TX. Was banded 12/03/2010 and am 53. New to this so I can use all the support and tips I can get.!!!!

Hi, my name is Valerie and I am 50. I live in Bridgeport, TX. I was banded on August 13, 2010 and have lost 40 pounds. Got my 5th fill yesterday. I also was given samples of Bariatric Advantage shakes and Vitamins. I think I am in love! SO much better than the whey Protein shakes available at Wal-Mart and Target. Going to get more of those.

I am glad I got it. I feel better now and the weight is starting to come off very well.

Would enjoy talking to you!

Hi, Im Maurice. I live in Moreno Valley Ca and will be turning 51 in february . I was banded 12/22/10 and to date have lost 35lbs. I go for my 1st fill on Thursday. The last few days have been tough trying to keep my calorie intake down, feeling more hunger-looking foward to my fill. This forum has been a great source of information for me so I thought the least I could do is to introduce myself to the lap-band community.

Just turned the big "50" this month. I love my band. This has been one of the best decisions of my life. My weight loss has been slow and steady. Sometimes I wish I would lose quicker, but know this is the absolute best way to lose weight. I have taken up running the last couple of months and love how I feel after. Still need to lose 40 lbs, but I know it will come off in time. Good luck to everyone!

I turned 50 in November. I was not looking forward to it but at least I was thinner at 50. I am 18 months out and down 84 lbs. I have 2 grandchildren and the 4 year old tells everyone I have a lapband. She always says she can feel my band she is so funny.

Cheri

I guess I need to join this club, too. My name is Cindy, I'm 50 and I've been banded for 2.5 years. I love my band and I've lost over half my body weight!

One more thing...I'm from Harrisburg, PA.

Cindy

Hi. I'm 52. Had my surgery in October 2010. I've lost 50 lbs so far and am at my lowest weight in more than five years! I'm still a newbie at this so I will probably have lots of questions. It's going well so far!!

Hi everyone. I was 54 years old in 2007 when I was banded. I had a great Dr. and still see him on a regular basis (my surgeon). I am heading down the path to a revision from Lap band to RNY as soon as I can get approved by my health plan that is. My band worked fine for the first year and then the weighloss just stopped and then I started having problems, for a too tight band that after each fill it took about three weeks and then the band would get so tight that it looked like the lead tip from a pencil according to the radiologist. My esophagus became so dilated that I would ahve to have just about all the fill removed and then start over more than once or twice. I was vomiting and had real bad reflux and now even though I have not had a fill in sometime I don't know if I am too tight for I have not had a fill in many months, but I vomit so hard that I now sit on the potty with my container in hand and use that becuase when vomiting I do lose control of my bodily functions (both) no good and not fun either and after I just sit and cry. My insurance company which is a federal health plan that I pay through the nose for denied me so we are now going into the appeal mode and I am praying that someone will see the severity in this and approve me. Now I am not saying the band is a bad idea for it did help me lose 99 pounds the first 10 months after surgery, through diet and exercise and a lot of determination and if I was told that the band needed to be replaced with another then I would say go for it, for without it I would still weigh in at 289 pounds. Before my surgery date I weighed in at 253 pounds. So for those that are afraid to ahve the band don't be afraid for if I can do it so can anyone and my complications does not mean anyone will have the same thing happen. So have the band and you will be happy that you did. But the band is only a tool your the one doing all the work. So good luck to each and eveyone of you.

HELLO! I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER BANDERS IN THEIR 50'S THAT HAVE BEEN BANDED OR ARE TO BE BANDED. I AM TO BE BANDED ON 1/17. I AM ON DAY 2 OF MY PRE OP DIET. I AM 57 YEARS OLD AND I AM FROM JOHNSTOWN PENNSYLVANIA. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND FRIENDS IN THEIR 50'S GOING THROUGH THIS TO SHARE THOUGHTS AND INFO. THANK YOU! :)

Hi - Call me Kal. Im 55 years old and live in Yogyakarta Indonesia with my amazing and so supportive partner Didin.

Im originally from Brisbane Australia but now 3 1/2 years in Indoneia

Am down over 40 lbs since being banded on 11 Nov 2010

Life just keeps getting better

(Thanx 4 all your support Didin - without you every step of the way it would be a hard race to win. Love you Honey)

Hi, I'm 53, in Bakersfield CA. I was banded on Jan. 13, 11. I am down 11 lbs, but I have been struggling lately with hunger. I eat 2-3 meals a day, but sometimes my dinner is bigger then it should be. Any ideas? I'm not due for a fill for almost a month, if then. HELP!

Wow-I thought I had already responded to this thread- :lol: must be because I am 50, LOL. I forget a lot of things these days.

I am from Kansas City, Kansas and I was banded 12/29/2010

My first fill is Valentine's day! I thought after surgery was painful, but have had time to heal and I am ready for the next step!!!

It will be harder for us at this age, but we will be the ones to really appreciate how hard everyone has worked! Thanks to the folks who have reached their goal weights and still come back to give encouragement!!!!B) So many times people get what they want, reach their goal and go on to live their lives. I could never hold that against them, but I really really appreciate the rest of you.

I'm 52 years old. I'm scheduled for the lap band procedure on February 9, 2011. I'm now on week 2 of the pre-op diet, it was a struggle the first 2-3 days, but it hasn't seemed too bad since.

My wife had the procedure on 12/15/2010 and she has lost just over 30 pounds. She has done extremely well, no complications and no pain. She has had one fill and was supposed to have the 2nd today, but the doctor's office was closed due to the extreme weather we're having in North Texas.

We live in Saginaw, TX.