Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...I was banded on the 16th and have been very proud of my progress. I have been stepping on the scale daily over the last few days because I have been dreaming of "ONEderland" and am sooooo close. This morning I step on and the scale shows I have lost FOUR pounds since yesterday. I realize this is pretty much impossible, so I move the scale and step on again. Now I have gained three of those pounds back. I move it again and have gained 2 more. As I keep movin and weighing, I realize that, depending on how the scale is situated, I have about a 5 pound fluctuation. UGH! :banghead:

I guess I will just have to go to my local GNC to get an actual weight each week. I don't guess they would appreciate me stripping down in the store, though :whatchutalkingabout .

Ah well...

I try to only weigh once a week on the same day each week and to keep the scale in the exact same spot so as not to have too much flucuation... If u weigh urself everyday u are going to see variations due to Water weight gain and loss and it can be very discouraging. A friend of mine suggested having my daughter hide the scale from me and only giving it back to me to weigh every couple of weeks... Stay encouraged! This is the raod to lifestyle and eating changes! Good luck!

I weigh about twice a day and also get those fluctuating weights and it is quite disappointing and discouraging. My husband said he was going to hide the scale from me and bring it out only once a month for me. He tells me that I am too obsessed with it and he's probably right.;)

Do you have a digital scale? I have one and it doesnt matter where I put it I get the same weight. However I too am obsessed with weighing myself every single day morning and night if Im the same weight at night as in the morning I know I will be less the next day. If you dont have a digital scale then get one it shouldnt be varying that much no matter where you put it.

LOL...it IS a digital scale and one of the more expensive ones I bought on my last serious weight loss attempt. The reason I was frustrated is because this is scale fluctuations and not WEIGHT fluctuations. These weights were all taken within a 3 minute time frame. I can assure you that my weight did not fluctuate 5 pounds in 3 minutes.

I'm usually pretty good about weighing once a week (leftover habit from one of the MANY Weight Watchers attempts), but since I was 200 point something, I wanted to Celebrate when it switched to 199 point something.

Guess everything has a reason. After that frustration, I decided to clean out my closet and get rid of all the clothes that were too big. There weren't too many that were completely unwearable, but I was able to fit into some of the clothes stuffed way in the back, so I was happy.

I was happy too when I cleaned out my closet and all the size 26 to 20 went by by but I had a lot of nice plus size clothes that went to good will. I am now in a 16 and yes I was happy the day I was 199 I weighed myself like 10 times because I wanted to make sure that was right. But thank God I could give them darn fat clothes to someone else to wear. Im not buying much more until I lose another 30lbs.

I got a 10 dollar one at cvs and it has been the best. It is always the same weight as at the Dr.s office so I know its right. I wouldnt spend a lot of money on a scale. Its just a scale.

i have not weighed myself since my surgery. kind of funny. we have a digital scale and my husband asked me the other day what i weighed i told him i did not know. he asked how come. i said the batteries were down in the scale and i have not bought any. So i have used the battery excuse for about 3 weeks now. i go to the doctor tomorrow for my two week post op visit. i hope i have lost some but i do realize it may not be alot. But please check your batteries because when it begins fluctuating with different weights the batteries may b bit weak. Good luck on you journey!:D

I had not thought of that. Maybe it's time to replace the batteries.

hmmm...I dodnt have a digi scale , but have been considering buying one! maybe not now! For those of you who have digi scales that you feel work, which brands do you have>

I have one by Taylor, I bought it from Amazon.com. It has a backlight on the readout which is nice. It won't work on carpet, needs a hard surface such as wood or tile or linoleum. Everytime you move it you have to recalibrate by stepping on it for a second and then back off. When the light goes off, it's ready to use again.

Mine weighs me only about 2lbs different than the doc's office and that's probably attributable to Water and clothing.

I weigh daily.. but ONLY pay attention to a weekly weigh in.. usually on Thursday morning and done wearing as little as possible. :)

I also take my measurements Monthly.. so if the scale isn't moving much, I can still see some positive changes. :)