Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op journey

Today was a new day..a better day.first time since surgery that I actually drove..man traffic was horrible lol..did some shopping and had a good morning

Finally had a better night of sleep.weird dreams are gone since I stopped the liquid loratab.

Ate some more Beans and love them. 1/4 of a cup fills me up.

I have no problem going ti the bathroom .bowel movement is normal.

Gas is almost non existent.

ooo i am so looking forward to having mushie food on Tuesday. Everyone has been talking about black bean, refried Beans and chili. Sounds gassy but i am ready to eat (limited of course). i made a bean Soup for me on Christmas day and got to drink the juice so i am just waiting my time. i wonder if i could puree some rotel tomatoes in with it. give it some flavor. oh i am making my self so hungry. i have to stop! :lol:

lol..becky ur almost there! its funny cause my family was looking at me all weird as i was super excited of a 1/4 cup of refried Beans lol

so after eating i was doing a deep breath in and it hurt like a sting on my left side of my stomach..a little above the belly button but more towards the side

It was hurting everytime i was breathing deep. Kinda annoying...maybe i overeat or ate too fast?? im laying down in my bed now ..i pulled my shirt up and realiazed that my left side like right bellow the rib cage is a little more swollen than the other side. Im assuming its due to the incisions but still a little.

]

you guys see thiw to be normal?

ooo i am so looking forward to having mushie food on Tuesday. Everyone has been talking about black bean, refried Beans and chili. Sounds gassy but i am ready to eat (limited of course). i made a bean Soup for me on Christmas day and got to drink the juice so i am just waiting my time. i wonder if i could puree some rotel tomatoes in with it. give it some flavor. oh i am making my self so hungry. i have to stop! :lol:

Becky, to test how you tolerate it, go get Wendy's chili. It's awesome. The small size has 220 calories, 18 grams of Protein, 22 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. And it's delicious. I find one container is good for two to three meals.

Good luck!

Dave

Becky, to test how you tolerate it, go get Wendy's chili. It's awesome. The small size has 220 calories, 18 grams of Protein, 22 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat. And it's delicious. I find one container is good for two to three meals.

Good luck!

Dave

so0unds delicious dave!!!..cant wait til next week

btw tomorrow is my wound check :)

so0unds delicious dave!!!..cant wait til next week

btw tomorrow is my wound check :)

It is, Raul. You're going to really like it. Good luck with your appt.!

Dave

day 6...

well last night..i started having a pain when i breath in..right where the lapband is supposed to be i guess. It was pretty uncomfortable..almost non existant unless i try to take a deep breath...my paranoid self started trying to self diagnose. By the time i went to bed pain was at same stage

HOWEVER...at around 2 am i remember waking up out of the blue with no air!!.. trying to catch my air and my heart was racing...i started breathing in and out to calm down..I suffer sometimes of anxiety attacks ..but havent have an episode of one in 2 months.. pretty scary. I was able to go back to sleep.

Woke up this morning..pain was pretty much gone...the band felt tight like i ate a cow, which from what i heard its normal. Then i needed to go to the bank ad the same pain started happening again when trying to do a full deep breath.

Lots of people say its air..im just scared that its something worse..im always negative toward things like this but cant help myself. I have my wound check today and will be asking my doctor/nurse why is this pain happening.

Also when i sleep sideways and try to stand up the first time in the day...i feel like one of the incisions (above belly button) is like ripping out!!! its like a deep sting pain but then it goes away..but man its uncomfortable!

So now im about to have my Protein drink and in 40 minutes my delicious ....SOUP :(

Hi,

I have some of the same issues. I was banded on the 23rd. YOu all seem to be doing great! I am still in a lot of pain on the left side. Still hard to get up and down. Is this normal? Most of you seem to be getting right back to the swing of things. I am able to do more today than yesterday, but it also hurts more today. WEIRD!

I cant WAIT to be able to eat something other than Clear liquids. I cheated today and had a Protein shake because I felt tired and weak. THat worked well. I am just so jealous of you guys being able to eat real food like chili, etc.

Rault, it sounds like you are on your way...your recovery sounds real good. I hope you do well at the DR. Good luck!

LORI

lori Thank you so much for your kind words..Your pain is normal..our bodies are different ..iknow people that on the 3rd day they were back to work...and others it took them a month..so be patient and ride the pain..i promise it ll go away :).. I got 2 tricks for standing up n down..first of course using the pressure thingy they give u at the hospital (in my case it was a nice looking little bear) or take a deep breath and dont exhale until you are up..this helps me all the time.Be sure to take your Vitamins and Protein drinks/shots in order to not be weak.

I came back rom the doctor just now...they say im healing great, im going back to work tomorrow...and i lost.....11 pounds!!!! i was like WOW..i know its the liquid diet part of it but hey weight off is weight off right!!!!??? im also really into my Proteins..i take between 85 and 110 grams a day..yes it costs a little extra for the Protein shots..but i HATE the shakes...gross lol.

So day 6 has been good to me.... Lets see how i do tomorrow at work :)

much love

Day 7

Today I go back to work...and I'm not happy about that lol.

I'm still having problems sleeping.my port incision is so tender its ridiculous.and I still have that pain under my ribs on the left side when I take a deep breath...it stops when I put counter pressure on it tho.

Lets see what todays bring.

Much love

It's SO interesting to me that some people cannot have milk for a week after surgery. I stayed over night in the hospital (23 hrs) and my surgeon required that I drink a carnation instant breakfast/mixed with skim milk and keep it down before I could leave. This is his protocol. I mixed all Protein shakes with skim milk. I imagine the taste would not be very good mixed with Water. :P

You all are doing GREAT!! I'm sure it's helpful for those getting ready to get banded to see your day to day progress! GREAT JOB on Christmas too! I had my first fill on Thursday before Christmas, so I was on liquids for Christmas Eve (sipped coffee during the in-laws turkey/ham dinner) and soft/mushy on Christmas day. It was tough, but I intentially had the surgery before the holidays so I would lose and not gain FOR ONCE during that time. It worked!

thanks for your kind words hokie!!!! yes..only reason i post my day by day progress is because the HARDEST time is the begining and I want to know other newly banded or soon to be banded folks that there is someone out there that is going thru the same situation and that it will go away .Day 8Well nights are getting better..today i woke up...LAYING IN MY BELLY!!! i was happy as i was sooo comfortable and havent have a comfortable sleep since the surgery day... Breakfast was a delicious 1/4 cup of refried Beans with cheese melted. I didnt feel it to be honest...I think i got kinda bored of refried beans..time to change it...2nd day at work is good..drinking lots of Water and my Protein drinks..I wanna say one thing.. I HATE THE VITAMINS..the chewable things are nasty...but must take em..lol..why cant they taste like chocolate or toffee or peanuts!!!! lolI kinda feel a little lump in my throat when i pass saliva..like where my adams apple sit...butit might be cause im getting a cold or something..some people report this as when they feel full but i started feeling it yesterday night..kinda annoying but getting used to it...im sure itll go awayLAst but not least..still have the pain under my rib but its kinda less...i think its cause i started taking tylenol..so that means its a muscle issue..no nausea, no vomit, no bad feelings at all..a happy camper I am!

day 9...iom hungry...less pain but my appetite is coming back...staying strong..staying focused..staying with my dream.... Its really hard...:(I had soft scrambled eggs for breakfast and mushed wendys chilis for dinner.. really good!!vitamins are killing my water...why?? cause for some reason now i have an after taste when i zip Water :(yesterday night was easier than tonight :)loving the weight loss too..will weight myself next tuesdayGood luck to everyone out there!

i have noticed my hunger is coming back. the swelling around the band is loosening up. So i work really hard not to over eat. i have really enjoyed my refried Beans purreed of course with rotel tomatoes with a bit of cheese also. very flavorful. i have been able to tolerate liquidy grits with a bit of butter. if i dont have that for breakfast i have an instant breakfast with Protein added and ff milk. i will be glad when i get to have an egg. i have been getting up every morning since i have been off recooping and fixing my family breakfast. eggs bacon biscuits. tough but i refrain. tonight i made taco Soup with corn bread. but i got 1/4 cup of soup and pureed it and enjoyed about half of that. really nice. i am beginning to sleep on either of my sides and that is a nice victory. my clothes are starting to get really baggy so i will begin looking for smaller sizes soon. (i hope.) I really have enjoyed the blogging on the post. great ideas and great ideas on food. next week when i get to eat soft foods i found a recipe for crab meat deviled eggs. i look forward to that. God Bless and God Speed! Happy New Year!:D

proud of u Becky!!!! thats AWESOME!!!!! ur doing great., ur staying commited and its reflecting in ur size and ur weight loss...definetly an inspiration!!!

Glad that u also feel better day by day. About the sleeping part...isnt it awesome!!!!!?? i slept on my belly and man it was life changing again lol..no neck pain..no arm pain hahaha

Happy new years to u too sweetheart!! may gob b with u and everybody around u!