Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op journey

Day 4

Got banded on the 21st.so far so good. Only painbi have is the gas coming and going.port incision does hurt and neck is stiff but fully controllable with medication and warm Patches

Day 3 I just took Protein drinks (not shake) andtook 90 grms of Protein. Tons of Water and Jello.

day four I will start the shakes as my main "intake"..i ve been taking the pain medicine which gives me super weird dreams lol .

So far everything is good.justv pretty much I can't wait to not feel bloated all day lol.will report back

I'm day 4 too. I found yesterday quite hard. Not because of the surgery or band, but because I had a headache that the liquid Tylenol wouldn't touch. I still have it a bit but I finally broke down and crushed som Advil.

All in all pretty good although I'm sick of anything sweet which is pretty much anything that has the Protein in it so I got some Protein Soups.

mk.i woke up with my mouth tasting like sugar lol...i think I'm getting there as well...lets see what this day brings

My surgeon said advil was a big no no because it's ibuprofen. I had that same headache that tylenol couldn't touch. What helped me was a small glass of no sugar added apple juice. Saved my poor head two days in a row.

Alright I gotta say that the shake smells better than it tastes lol.itsnot that bad to be honest.but 8oz is A LOT.been trying to finish it but I'm full already.

Took the doggie for a mini walk.just to help with the gas..see..gas is in my stomach and makes it hard to take full deep breaths....and I suffer of anxiety so I have to keep my cool down

quick question,

i want to have another shake right now but i wanna know if i could mix it with fat free milk instead of Water...would that be ok?

my first morning shake went in smooth but havent have milk at all...

thank you!

i was having major gas in my stomach last night. i started mixing my Protein with broth and the bloating feeling has slowed down where i can do more. i am also 4 days post op. but today has been better and i have been able to lay on my right side which i love. i am a huge milk drinker and i was thinking about mixing my protein with powdered milk. i have a great protein mix with no taste and grit so i dont have to fight that battle but i get hungry and my first thought of is milk but it is not working for me right now. i am taking liquid tylenol because i dont like the effects of the prescrip pain meds from the doctor. just to help take off the edge of any pain while trying to sleep. things are definitely different on the post op side. but i learn something new everyday. i believe this journey will be a good one once i learn hot to manage things better. good luck and Merry Christmas!:D

quick question,

i want to have another shake right now but i wanna know if i could mix it with fat free milk instead of Water...would that be ok?

my first morning shake went in smooth but havent have milk at all...

thank you!

I always mix my Protein shakes with skim milk. Makes them much more tolerable.

It gets much better. I'm 10 days out from being banded and my only complaints are my port site incision is still a bit sore, and my steri-strips haven't fallen off yet so I can start using my kelo-cote scar treatment.< /p>

Other than that, I got a little overzealous with some black bean Soup tonight and felt queasy a bit on the car ride home, but I think I ate a bit too fast...

I'm also four days post. My diet plan says only Water based liquids for the first week. I can add skim-milk based shakes next week, but no pudding or mushies until week 3.

The gas was bad first 2 days, better now though i still get a tight feeling in my chest every now and then. I'm thinking warm pads may help there.

I was supposed to get the single-incision surgery, but i have a small incision covered in tape under each breast. I assume one is for the port placement, but i can't feel anything under the skin, and they are not particularly tender. Belly is tender and swollen, hope that doesn't last too long.

First doc visit was the first week of September. I was down 9 pounds at my last pre-op visit, and 10.5 on the day of surgery. Got back 4 overnight from Water retention, but now i'm down 5 more pounds from the morning of surgery. I'm thinking that must be mostly water, i'm not moving enough for it to be "real" weight.

I'm getting in plenty of water, warm peppermint tea and broth, and a bit of sf Jello.

i am not allowed anything but liquids for the first week post op. then i can go to puddings and cream of wheat the second week. i was told i could have the skim/ff milk. but the milk is causing gas which i do not like. stomach gets tight and bloaty feeling. so today i went with Clear Liquids and have done much better. i will try milk again on tuesday and see if that will help if not i am going to go buy me some lactose free powder milk and mix it with my Protein. i miss my milk and will eventually get back to drinking it. i dont drink coffee and have quit all caffeine and carbonated drinks. so i either drink milk or Water with maybe some juice. juice seems a bit too sweet for me right now so i dont drink a lot of it.

Day number 5 . I had 1/4 cup of refried Beans plus cheese. Melted . Omg I was in heaven....first time eating some semi solid item was life changing...

So far its still down.pain is minimal.still using the heat Patches for my tummy.shoulder pain gone..only pain I have is when I stand up sometime I feel like a cramp..like gas right above my belly button.a couple secs later its gone.

Tonight is christmas dinner...and I wiki be having egg bake or maybe mOre beans..

Still taking my Protein drinks .so far so good.

Omg I did the hardest thing ever.i cut the turkey...sliced that bird and didn't get one single piece...I'm proud of myself but god it was hard.......

If I can do it everyone can!

Merry christmas

I hear you Rault. I cooked the whole dinner and I only know what the gravy tastes like. I had butternut squash Soup for dinner and felt completely satisfied! I was kind if surprised that I didn't slip and fall...