Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well it's official! I'm being banded on the 20th at 7:15 am! About a year ago I started looking into this procedure and here I am a year later actually getting it done!! It feels great! I'm VERY nervous though. Not really about the band. I trust my surgeon and know that it will work. I'm just terrified of being put to sleep. See, this is my first ever surgery. Seriously. Never had wisdom teeth removed, broken a bone, never even been admitted to the hospital so I'm very nervous about that. I'm also not looking forward to the post op diet (yuck!). I also thought it was weird that I don't have to do a pre op diet. He said he doesn't require one except the day before we can only have a clear liquid diet. That just seems strange to me bc most things I've read or seen have said different. But, whatever! I'm nervous but very excited about the changes to come!

Congrats Amber, I too and having my surgery the 20th. I do have a pre op diet, but only one week, and I am kind of worried I am going to be starving, oh well, it is worth it. They did not tell me what time my surgery is, only that I will get a call to do the pre op tests and then I have to have an appointment with my PCP to have a medical clearance. I have never had surgery either, have had some wisdom teeth out, but only with novacaine. So I am a little nervous, but I am a vet tech (an animal nurse) so I have seen thousands of animals have surgery and 99% of the time everything goes well.I am so excited to start 2011 off on a positive note and hopefully be maybe at least just overweight (not morbidly obese) by the time I am a bridesmaid for my sister in November. My wish also is to lose enough weight where I can feel confident and join a martial art, maybe Taekwondo. So best of luck to you!

CONGRATS! TO YOU!.. I AM BEING BANDED ON 12/22/10 & SO READY TO BEGIN MY BAND-A-SUCCESS JOURNEY.!

MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU.

Well it's official! I'm being banded on the 20th at 7:15 am! About a year ago I started looking into this procedure and here I am a year later actually getting it done!! It feels great! I'm VERY nervous though. Not really about the band. I trust my surgeon and know that it will work. I'm just terrified of being put to sleep. See, this is my first ever surgery. Seriously. Never had wisdom teeth removed, broken a bone, never even been admitted to the hospital so I'm very nervous about that. I'm also not looking forward to the post op diet (yuck!). I also thought it was weird that I don't have to do a pre op diet. He said he doesn't require one except the day before we can only have a clear liquid diet. That just seems strange to me bc most things I've read or seen have said different. But, whatever! I'm nervous but very excited about the changes to come!

Congratulations to us all!!! I too will be banded December 20th. My doctor pre-op is the day before surgery is a lite Breakfast and Clear Liquids for the remainder of the day. I'm happy not to have to do liquids for 2 weeks. I have my pcp clearance tomorrow and my surgery pre-op on wednesday. I have had surgery before a c-section about 4 years ago. The scary part for me was being put to sleep. Good luck to you all! Let's keep in touch.

Hi! I am being banded on the 20th as well - I think sometime in the afternoon. I am so ready - I wish it was tomorrow. Good luck and look forward to keeping in touch.

I'm also being banded on the 20th!! I can't wait!! I went to the seminar a year ago and now it's finally happening!! I've have to do a pre op diet for 2 weeks, so tomorrow starts the second week and so far I've lost about 4.5 lbs on it.. I go to my surgeon tomorrow for my pre op visit... I'm so nervous!! I'm afraid they find some reason as to why not to do the surgery... I guess I still can't believe that it's finally going to happen... Good luck to everyone else who be banded on the 20th!!!

I'm being banded on the 20th, too! :) I'm on the South Beach Diet phase i for seven days before surgery, day two is alot better than day one! lol My surgery is at 9:00 am. :) So ready to get this over with, the waiting is the worst!!

I'm also being banded on the 20th!! I can't wait!! I went to the seminar a year ago and now it's finally happening!! I've have to do a pre op diet for 2 weeks, so tomorrow starts the second week and so far I've lost about 4.5 lbs on it.. I go to my surgeon tomorrow for my pre op visit... I'm so nervous!! I'm afraid they find some reason as to why not to do the surgery... I guess I still can't believe that it's finally going to happen... Good luck to everyone else who be banded on the 20th!!!

Hey julie I am a dec 20th bandster too and right now I am on my way to dr. For final pre-op checkup....I am also VERY nervous that they will find a reason not to do it. I was scheduled for back in august, but at the time I was having some pretty bad depression/ anxiety and they pushed it back to dec 20th, so nothing is set in stone in my mind until I'm on the OR table! I have not told any friends except for a couple really close ones b/c I feel like I would be jinxing myself....my worst fear now is that I will get sick within the next week....that would be SO bad...as I sit here on public transportation, am trying to wash my hands A LOT and I even took a couple airborne tabs but don't want to take too many cuz they are chock full of Vitamins and I'm not supposed to be taking any vitamins/ supplements.....anyway don't want to jinx u :) but I WILL BE THINKING OF U ON THE 20th and everyone else that has surgery on the 20th. I much like a lot of people on here have been tossing this decision around in my mind for well over a year...and part of me still wants out, but I'm doing it no question. Its funny cuz exactly 3 yrs ago on the 20th I had 6 hour experimental brain surgery (5 hrs of which I was wide awake for) to help with the hoRible symptoms of my tourette syndrome....they put electrodes in my brain and wired them to battery packs in my chest, although they told me nothing was a given I was basically a guinea pig, the surgery has been incredibly sucessfull. Anyway, what I was trying to get at is this scares me much more than that did, cuz weight is something I've battled with since age 6, I was on so many meds when I was young to try to control my tics and none of them were helpful for my weight....I lost 80 lbs back in 2006 but then have gained back 110 since...I know so many people who are "up and down" people for their whole lives, and I just can't be that-it has to come off and stay off!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

I am being banded on the 20th also. Alot of procedures going on this Monday. Mine is being done in Orange County. Good luck to everyone.

I'm on Dec 20th, too!

This is my first ever post to this site so a little about me..

I'm going to Dr Synder here in Denver. it's outpatient so I'll be home that nite.

I'm self-pay...first payment went out today so that made it real for the hubs! blink.gif

No pre-op diet for me. Anybody with no pre-diet considering dieting anyways? like cutting carbs?

I'm 38, 5'8", 225lbs with 1 husband, 1 kid, 1 dog

I travel a lot for work (its one of the things I'm most worried about banded life). In fact, I just got off a plane from Brazil on Saturday but just got surgery date last week so this whole thing is very feeling rather sudden....even tho' I've been researching for a long time.

Just now starting to figure out my "to do" list

- register at LBT - check

- download myfitnesspal to my iphone - check

-pre-op appt Wed

-pack for hospital

- shop for post-op food

anything else??

I'm really looking forward to getting to know the rest of you December Darlings on this journey,

Chloe

I am being banded on the 20th also. Alot of procedures going on this Monday. Mine is being done in Orange County. Good luck to everyone.

Good luck to you, too! :)

I got a call today from the pre op office about scheduling my pre op tests, unfortunately I was at work and though I had my phone on me I could not answer it due to being in the middle of something. When I was done I had to go into a meeting that lasted a2.5 hours and by the time I got out, it was 7:30, so I knew they would not be there. So I will be calling first thing in the morning to make an appointment, and hopefully I can do it tomorrow or wednesday because I am off and I still have to go to my PCP for a medical clearance.

I went for my pre-op testing today. My surgery is at 3:00 pm on the 20th. Not happy about the time but not going to let it bother me. Just very excited! Doing well on the pre-op diet. Started a blog - follow me at https://diaryofalapbandmom.blogspot.com. I have been reading all these amazing blogs and it is so helpful. I think if I start one it will be a great way to document the journey. I am not sure I am as good a writer as some but will just put down my feelings and do my best.

I'm so happy for you guys! I'm just starting my lap band journey, let us know how the surgery goes!

Hey julie I am a dec 20th bandster too and right now I am on my way to dr. For final pre-op checkup....I am also VERY nervous that they will find a reason not to do it. I was scheduled for back in august, but at the time I was having some pretty bad depression/ anxiety and they pushed it back to dec 20th, so nothing is set in stone in my mind until I'm on the OR table! I have not told any friends except for a couple really close ones b/c I feel like I would be jinxing myself....my worst fear now is that I will get sick within the next week....that would be SO bad...as I sit here on public transportation, am trying to wash my hands A LOT and I even took a couple airborne tabs but don't want to take too many cuz they are chock full of Vitamins and I'm not supposed to be taking any vitamins/ supplements.....anyway don't want to jinx u :) but I WILL BE THINKING OF U ON THE 20th and everyone else that has surgery on the 20th. I much like a lot of people on here have been tossing this decision around in my mind for well over a year...and part of me still wants out, but I'm doing it no question. Its funny cuz exactly 3 yrs ago on the 20th I had 6 hour experimental brain surgery (5 hrs of which I was wide awake for) to help with the hoRible symptoms of my tourette syndrome....they put electrodes in my brain and wired them to battery packs in my chest, although they told me nothing was a given I was basically a guinea pig, the surgery has been incredibly sucessfull. Anyway, what I was trying to get at is this scares me much more than that did, cuz weight is something I've battled with since age 6, I was on so many meds when I was young to try to control my tics and none of them were helpful for my weight....I lost 80 lbs back in 2006 but then have gained back 110 since...I know so many people who are "up and down" people for their whole lives, and I just can't be that-it has to come off and stay off!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

How did your pre op visit go yesterday? My went well.. I was scared for no reason, they DIDN'T find anyway to cancel the surgery. YES!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!! I can't wait till the 20th... sure wish it was tomorrow!!! Well hope all went well for you too!!