Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too Tight?

I had a 3rd fill Monday of 1ml which puts me at 4.5ml in a 10ml band.

I was on a full liquid diet for 24 hours and then advanced to a regular diet. My problem is I get stuck with most everything excluding liquids and yogurt I chew chew chew and take small bites and get stuck anyway. Yesterday I got stuck on tender roast beef and slimed so bad I had to leave work. It take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to go down. Today I have had a Protein Shake, a glass of milk, Tomato Soup and a yogurt. I'm afraid to eat solids.

Please help me understand this. I am only 13 weeks out and need advice.

Thanks all. You have been such a great support to me.

By the way, what does PB stand for?

You don't sound too tight to me. When I got the fill that put me at my sweet spot it took me a good 2 weeks of very slowly adding solids back in. As far as the beef goes, you may never be able to eat it after you have proper restriction.

PB = Productive Burp. IMHO many bandsters use the term wrong. They say that they PB when they really are throwing up. I think the 2 are very different. PB is that stuck burpy feeling you may get when you don't chew well enough or eat one bite too many. After you burp and maybe even get a little acid reflux, or feel chunks of food come up in your throat a little, you feel better ..... to me, that is PBing. Throwing up is when stuff comes up and ends up in the toilet or trash.

You sound like me right now and I am too tight....I had my second fill on Nov 23rd and till this day I still cant regular food only Drink liquids and thin Soups. I know I need an unfill but dont know if I will be able to get one until January when the Doctor is back in town and my husband can go with me. My advise to you as I have been advised by others here on this board is to stick to a liquid/mushy diet and get an unfill as soon as you can...:unsure:

You may be swollen from the fill. I would give it a few days and see if things get better. If you typically have to wait to get in to see the doc. you may want to make a "just in case" appt. I would stick to liquids for 2 days or so and then reintroduce food and see if you can tolerate.

Give it a few more days, and stick with softer/mushy foods. I notice after a fill, I'm tighter about a week later, than I am initially. Try really small bites, and if it gets stuck, you know to stay away from it for a while.

But I'd give it a good 2 wks before you get unfilled, unless you can't eat/drink anything

Give it a few more days, and stick with softer/mushy foods. I notice after a fill, I'm tighter about a week later, than I am initially. Try really small bites, and if it gets stuck, you know to stay away from it for a while.

But I'd give it a good 2 wks before you get unfilled, unless you can't eat/drink anything

I thought I was losing my mind. I had a fill on November 19th. I felt fine for the first couple of weeks. Suddenly my band feels very tight. I'm chalking this up to irritation as I had a stuck incident last week and (I know too much info - have vomited about 4 times this week.

Is it normal to feel tighter a week or two after the fill? Have you heard of others having this issue?

Thanks,