Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Fill and feeling the same

I had my 3rd fill on 12/6/2010 and I dont feel any different, I have not felt a difference with all 3 fills, is there something wrong?

To be honest I don't even know how many cc's I have, he never tells me and I haven't asked. At the next appointment I will make sure to ask him. I just get so discouraged, the scale goes up and down, but its between the same 3 pounds.

Are you getting the fills under fluoro so the doc can see the restriction level? I have had all mine that way and I didn't really notice a difference until after the 3rd. Perhaps the swelling from having the actual fill making you look more restricted? I used to feel this way too and wondering what the heck was wrong with me, but trust me, it gets better. I PROMISE! Try to hang in there!

No my surgeon has not done any of my fills under fluoro. Is that something you ask for them to do? Do you think it is better to get fills under fluoro?

Usually, it's the doctor's preference. I have heard of a ton of bandsters who have fills right in the surgeon's office without fluoroscopy and they do very well. Since I've always had mine under fluoro, it's all I know, but I do love the fact that you can see how restricted you are and that is how the doc decides how much fill you receive. Your surgeon may or may not offer the option, sometimes they do that if there is an issue with the band itself and don't feel fluoro is needed for just a fill, but it couldn't hurt to ask. It's also a good way to be able to tell if you may have a leak or something, since you mention you're not feeling any restriction. Perhaps he is just being conservative since he can't see how restricted you are? I am positive you will start to feel something on fill 4 or 5. Believe me, there is NO worse feeling than being too restricted, so until you do get to a good restriction level, just stay on track with your food choices, Water and Protein intake and you'll get there. I was one of the naysayers for a LONG time that I wouldn't ever know or feel restriction, but I am there. I am sooooo there :-)!

Hope this helps you somewhat!!

Thanks for the replies Juliansmom, you have given me some hope :)

I also felt no restriction for a few months Didn't think the band was working for me at all. I do get my fills under flueroscopy, just what my Dr does. On my last fill I got total restriction. Can't eat bread at all! Even drinking liquids very slowly! Now I feel I will be able to get success at losing! I have friends who had restriction much sooner than I have. I'm sure you will get there, everyone is just so different. Hang in there!

I am finally feeling restriction! When I first got the fill I felt the same but now when I eat I actually get full. I have lost 3 more pounds. I am so excited hope this feeling lasts :D

I had my 3rd fill on 12/6/2010 and I dont feel any different, I have not felt a difference with all 3 fills, is there something wrong?

Its very normal, you just have not reached the varied restriction leval yet. Keep your Dr informed and continue to get fills unfortunatly we are all very different................. Don't loose heart, and do your very best in measureing your intake of food.