Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd day banded....How do the Nov. 22nd bandsters feel today?

dizzy-

when i spoke to the dietician today she told me that the pressure in the chest is your pouch getting full. i found that i had sharp pains when i drank too fast.....i thought she said that if you are having that pain to wait 30 minutes and try sipping on clears again.....i don't know if that helps, but she said that both of the dieticians were on call this weekend, if you need to call.

Thank you all so much for your advice. I feel much better now. I'm taking it easy for a while. I emailed the dietician wakeup so hopefully she'll get back at me. I think you're right. I thought i would be prepared for these new feelings but they are scary for sure.

Thank you all so much for your advice. I feel much better now. I'm taking it easy for a while. I emailed the dietician wakeup so hopefully she'll get back at me. I think you're right. I thought i would be prepared for these new feelings but they are scary for sure.

Sorry Dizzy:( I just know they told me only liquid for the next 7 days because the stomach is so swollen. And they also said your stomach can only hold one ounce at a time then over time it will beable to hold 1/4 cup to 1 cup I pray this feeling will past for you. But that life we live and learn

Hi everybody, glad to hear you are all on the road to recovery. I was banded in the UK and my post op diet seems a little different from my USA bandsters in that I am on a liquid diet for four weeks, mushies for four weeks and then solids. I was given a lot of information avout healing and settling the pouch. I sip 3oz servings of Water, diluted fruit juice, Protein Shakes, Liquid Protein (new Whey) and thin Soup at regular intervals thoughout the day. I sip slowly and make sure I always have stuff pre-prepared in those fabulous little Glad one cup food savers. I too am still a little shocked that I am actually 'on the other side'!!!

How did everyone handle Thanksgiving?

Well, today was my first outing since surgery. So, I am pretty worn out tonight. I ate some dark meat turkey ground up in a blender with some Soup from the dumplins. I could only eat about 1/4 cup and was full. It was the absolute best thing I have had since I started my pre-op diet on November 8th!

Well, today was my first outing since surgery. So, I am pretty worn out tonight. I ate some dark meat turkey ground up in a blender with some Soup from the dumplins. I could only eat about 1/4 cup and was full. It was the absolute best thing I have had since I started my pre-op diet on November 8th!

Actually day 4 post-op from 11/22; I feel like so much is going on on the inside that I'm very cautious about consuming what I should. The gas is there, the periodic chest pain, which feels more like pain in the esophogus. When I walk, I have to hold my stomach because it feels so bloated and hurts. The shakes and broth have become very unappetizing and I have to force myself to get it down. For some reason, it's difficult to get in the proper amounts of Water. I had a depression spell yesterday, which really surprised me. I really haven't been hungry though I felt my stomach growling yesterday, but I make myself drink for the nourishment. I have to keep telling myself that this is merely the healing phase and to be patient and that I will feel better soon.

I went black friday shopping today... i was so scared that someone would bump my abdomen that I held on to my belly for dear life! I had one episode where I felt like my blood sugar dropped. Fortunately, I had baby food applesauce in my purse which I consumed with my baby spoon! I was so hungry about an hour later so I got a small smoothie at the mall with protien powder added in.... could only sip about 1/4 cup of that but that held me for about 3 hours and I felt a lot better. My navel incision was a little achy when I got home but today is the best day of the week so far.

JaGo....i think we are going to have some ups and downs.....i was really questioning my decision a couple of days ago and i am still not sure how this is all going to work.....i have decided to take it one day at a time. I hope that things are looking up for you now.

How did everyone handle Thanksgiving?

Well, I was home alone for the holiday. I planned it that way so I wouldn't have to concern myself with even smelling foods. To my surprise, I fell into a depression. I have been experiencing all the things you have. I have only been on the shakes, broth, Jello, and Protein powder with a cup of 1% milk - that's it! I'm not really hungry but consume something for the sake of nourishment. I feel better knowing that what I'm experiencing is normal and you all here are going through almost the same things. I will be glad when we get passed this.

I live with my sister and together we take care of our mother who has severe dementia. My mother was invited out for Thanksgiving, but brought a huge plate back. As I was preparing the leftovers for her today, it really made the thought of the shakes and broth more repulsive for me. I just had a cup of broth and I am so full. I know I need to get in a shake for the Protein, but I'm too full right now.

I appreciate everyone's comments and encouragement, knowing that we go through this together and it's nothing strange.

Keeping my eye on the prize!! ;)

JaGo

I am with you guys. I can't believe the frustration that comes without the convenience of just being able to heat up a grilled cheese sandwhich or open a bag or potato chips or watching my family eat dinner and feeling left out. It is depressing but it's surely not forever. I am counting down to Christmas (when I'll be on a regular, but smaller diet) and we all know the short 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas go fast. That's what we are here for - moral support. Feel free to PM me or email me if you want to talk or discuss what you're going through and if all your aches and pains and problems are shared with others. I'm thankful for people who are going through this with me!

Tonight, I made the simplest dinner and it was pretty good. I took a can of chicken breast and half a can of cream of chicken Soup and pureed it. I put some away for tomorrow and warmed up some and it was good. Probably the best thing I've had since I was banded and very thin. I also pureed some other stuff to last me through the weekend. I'm trying to be hopeful and we can see that far ahead now but one day this will all be worth it!

PS. I, too, went Black Friday shopping and think I over did it. Both surgery wise and money wise!! It's dangerous out there! biggrin.gif

I'm really glad I found this group. Much more supportive and friendly than some other boards I have seen!!!!!

I'm on Protein shakes for 3 more weeks!!!!! Yay chocolate shakes ;)

t

So, let me ask you all....Monday was my surgery day, I didn't eat much, just had some Water. Tuesday I felt better, drank 1 Protein shake total all day (in 4 servings) plus some Water (maybe 16 oz), Wednesday I felt MUCH better, so I decided to do Protein Shake, chicken broth, tea and water, but I couldn't get any more Protein down after I had the broth. Thursday my tummy hurt all day, kind of like what dizzy said about eating a full plate of Pasta, even though I didn't. Yesterday I stuck to just Protein Shakes and water. I got everything in I was supposed to and still felt extremely full. Here is my question: If we are supposed to stop eating when we are full, yet we are supposed to maintain hydration (I was told minimum 64 oz of Fluid per day), what do we do when our stomachs hurt? I don't want to stretch my pouch, or cause slippage.

Any suggestions?

Tigger - I have the same questions as you about getting the 64 oz in but not drinking within 3 minutes before or after 6 meals a day? I would be sipping Water all day and my stomach just wont allow that. So I'm confused by the whole process too!

As for what else I pureed- Greenbeans, carrots, and peaches (the best). All good stuff.

Only for one weak second did I think about pureeing a hostess cupcake in whipped cream! Ha Ha... the old me showing through biggrin.gif

I'm starting to feel as if i'm in the minority here. LOL... and i'm wondering if it's because i've been working out and attempting to be active.

My recovery has been nothing less than stellar, i've had strength to go out and shop and go to the gym and drive around.

As for food... my appetite is not back 100%... i'll start out my day with a cup of tea. In my lap band guide, it said to have something warm in the morning to loosen up mucus. Then an hour later i'll have some Cream of Wheat in the morning for Breakfast. My lunch/dinner has been Soup.< /span>

For Thanksgiving i made myself some pumpkin soup and i had some cranberry sauce with it... so at least i felt that I had some Thanksgiving like food. I declined a couple of dinner invitations because I didn't want to pressure to be around food I couldn't eat.

I'm single so I don't have the pressure to be around food because I don't have to cook for anyone.