Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another newly banded in "hell"

I have found it intersting, reading about how many of us are in the same boat.

I was banded on 10/27 and have done well with weight loss so far, but I haven't done much since my diet has advanced.

I am doing well with my food choices.....averaging right around 1000 calories/day and 70+g of Protein.

I have no restriction and cannot wait for my first fill. I go the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I do know I need to kick up my exercise (but honestly until the last few days, I was still too sore to do much.)

I am thankful for this forum. I learn so much from each of you.

:(

I am having the same problem. I am getting discouraged. I would love help with this too.

I think you are doing well for where you are. It is difficult until you get some restriction, which probably won't happen with your first fill. It took me three fills before my appetite started to get under control. Exercise is crucial, even simply walking, and the more you see good result, the more committed you will be to it. As you already know, drink LOTS....Best of luck.

I know what you mean. I don't know why, but today I fell off of the wagon. I had 1000 calories, but later in the evening our neighbors came over and I had chips and salsa - a lot of chips and salsa, so I know I am well over my 1000 cal limit. I have my first post-op appointment on 11/15. Can't wait to start having some restriction!

I exercise for 30min every day. I eat small amounts at each meal and I really don't get hungry in between meals. I have not had a fill yet but I feel in control of my appetite. But why won't the scale move not even a 1/2 pound in 2 weeks. I am getting depressed now. Wondering why I even bothered with this surgery. I know having a low bmi makes it harder. What should I do

For me, what I am struggling with most right now, is not having any restriction. I really think I could eat anything that I wanted to right now.

However, I am not! I haven't had bread/rice/sweets since pre-op. I haven't had any junk food. No ice cream. No chips. I did not go through all this to fail. But some of it has been sheer will power and walking away!

I try to have alternatives available. I have SF 60 cal chocolate pudding for when I want something sweet. I haven't figured out what to have when I want something salty though.

I am going to really start exercising this week. I was too sore to do it before now, so I am hoping that will help with the weight loss.

I exercise for 30min every day. I eat small amounts at each meal and I really don't get hungry in between meals. I have not had a fill yet but I feel in control of my appetite. But why won't the scale move not even a 1/2 pound in 2 weeks. I am getting depressed now. Wondering why I even bothered with this surgery. I know having a low bmi makes it harder. What should I do

I understand where you're coming from. Most of my weight loss is pre op, haven't seen much of a change since surgery. I keep reading that youre just supposed to concentrate on healing but thats so hard when it seems like so many people are dropping weight right after surgery...:)

I think it sounds like you're doing okay. You said you had lost weight. How much have you lost? I had been at a little plateau for about 2 weeks (after my 1st fill), but I just stuck with it and kept exercising and now the weight is coming off again. It seems slow, but is about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs a week. Keep exercising too. Good luck to you and everybody, just hang in there.

I would ask your nutritionist how many calories you can have according to your weight and height,cause I was doing 1000 calories and it wasn't enough calories for weight loss for my body type I am at 1300-1500 daily good luck