Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction. Whatsoever.

HI! Unless your band has fill in when you had surgery, you won't have any restriction. The restriction you feel right after surgery is due to swelling. Now that you are healing, the swelling is going down and you are able to eat. You just need to be patient and wait until you get a fill for restriction - and even then you might not have much restriction. It takes a few fills to feel restriction for any amount of time - it's different for different people. Just be patient and don't try anything stupid!!!

:thumbup:

Indeed, thank you :laugh:

Ok.

Thanks for everyone's opinion's/lectures, but I just want to be clear on one thing. I was not gorging myself silly or eating huge amounts of food.

What kind of response did you expect to get, when you've posted

I'm about 13 days post op and on Fri I decided to see how much food it would take for me to feel full. I ate... in my opinion... a lot. I was able to eat chicken [grilled on a BBQ] just fine. Beef jerkey just fine. Pretzel Thins [ i was scared to try but did so anyway] just fine. chips and Salsa...just fine. I even drank Water with the food and still nothing! I just would feel full, not overtly full.
???

You got a great deal of reassurance that it's normal not to feel restriction for quite some time post-banding, and some very mild suggestion that you stick to the rules, 'cause there in place for a reason.

How were people supposed to respond?

I wasn't expecting anything and actually meant the "thanks".

In all honesty, I did want to come off defensively after reading a couple posts, but it all came down to the clear and obvious fact that I should not test my band, no matter how curious I am. The truth is, I do have the tendancy to self sabotage and while I didn't like what I read [at times] as far as some of the posts go, I had to realize it was the truth.

After some time off of the boards and really thinking about it, my confession and the responses [negative or mild] helped me get back on track anyway.

What have I done to ruffle your feathers?

Edited by ocbutterfly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches