Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bummed i have only lost 25 pounds in 3 yrs

So hoe are things going now?

I like this post; just curious if there is a group for "Slow Losers Unite" and if so, how do I join it ?

Why don't you create one. I will join you. I'm trying to keep up with people that are struggling, buy staying true.

I was banded many years ago & have not lost a pound. My confession is its my fault. I have great excuses. My fill doc is an hour & a half away. When I did my initial sit threw to learn about the band, they pointed out how gastric bypass people cheat & gain their weight back. Well duh don't tell me that, it has been my downfall. Water. I eat a bite & wash it down immediately with water. Ggrr. I'm one of the lucky ones that have to be filled under fluoroscope since my port is so difficult. Doesn't give me the want to to have it done. I don't eat what I should. So with my confessions I have decided to take action. I'm going to find a closer doctor, I hope. Saw in another post to add Protein to each meal. So going to do that. I want to slim down. I just need encouragement & determination to do it. Hopefully I will get back on track.

I was banded many years ago & have not lost a pound. My confession is its my fault. I have great excuses. My fill doc is an hour & a half away. When I did my initial sit threw to learn about the band, they pointed out how gastric bypass people cheat & gain their weight back. Well duh don't tell me that, it has been my downfall. Water. I eat a bite & wash it down immediately with Water. Ggrr. I'm one of the lucky ones that have to be filled under fluoroscope since my port is so difficult. Doesn't give me the want to to have it done. I don't eat what I should. So with my confessions I have decided to take action. I'm going to find a closer doctor, I hope. Saw in another post to add Protein to each meal. So going to do that. I want to slim down. I just need encouragement & determination to do it. Hopefully I will get back on track.

I have seen many people that were banded years ago and really benefited from meeting w/ their surgeon and nutritionist again. I know it is easy to forget the guidelines along the way and a refresher could really help and to see if you could benefit from a fill or not. A quick guideline I was given is for my meals not to exceed 1 cup of food per meal, to start with 3-4 ounces of solid Protein (meat, Beans, cheeses, eggs, etc), then 1/2 cup veggies, 1/4 cup starch. By starting with the protein, it will keep you fuller longer. Also, to stick around 1000-1200 calories per day, and 60+ grams of protein per day. Let this new year be the start of a new you! If you have a smart phone, the lose it or my fitness pal app can help you be accountable for what you are eating every day and where you can improve.

Best wishes to you!

I was banded many years ago & have not lost a pound. My confession is its my fault. I have great excuses. My fill doc is an hour & a half away. When I did my initial sit threw to learn about the band, they pointed out how gastric bypass people cheat & gain their weight back. Well duh don't tell me that, it has been my downfall. Water. I eat a bite & wash it down immediately with water. Ggrr. I'm one of the lucky ones that have to be filled under fluoroscope since my port is so difficult. Doesn't give me the want to to have it done. I don't eat what I should. So with my confessions I have decided to take action. I'm going to find a closer doctor, I hope. Saw in another post to add Protein to each meal. So going to do that. I want to slim down. I just need encouragement & determination to do it. Hopefully I will get back on track.

Hey! Just wanted to check on with you. How are things going?

Haven't been on the site in about a year. Glad to see this thread. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I am in the minority that the band does not work for. I took about a year off getting fills, too. I just needed an emotional (and financial) break wanted to get to place where I was doing all the right things so that they couldn't blame the band's failure on me. I KNOW I need to eat less, eat right, and exercise, but I thought the band would at least make me feel full so I could do all the right things. Obviously, if I could do all the right things, I would never have needed the band to begin with.

I lost just under 30 pounds, and about half of that was in the first month when I was on the liquid diet. (It's been almost three years.) After that, I lost about three pounds per month a couple of times. Then I gained about half of it back. I have never really experienced feeling full with the band. I am amazed by people who say they just eat a few bites of food and feel full. I can eat just as much as the average person. I will say that I cannot eat the ENORMOUS amounts of food I could before, or rather, I haven't wanted to, so I guess that is something.

Right now, I am doing Weight Watchers, and honestly, I am actually doing better with it than I did with the band. I have lost 13 pounds in the last three months. Now that I am eating the right way, I think I am ready to go back and get another fill. At least now when I explain that I am not experiencing fullness, I can say I am doing all the other right things. I wish I could rely on the band a little more instead of just plain will power. We all know that will power eventually fails. I am optimistic, though, that I can keep this up long term. I'm not really depriving myself of anything. I am just eating healthy meals, avoiding processed foods and food with added sugar--for the most part--so my blood sugar is balanced, and I really don't want too much junk. When I do, I eat a little. Guess I have gotten a little (or a lot) off topic. At any rate, I feel motivated to make a call tomorrow to go back in for a fill and see if I can't this thing jump started! I have an 11 cc band, I am already at 11 cc's. They said more actually will fit in there, so we'll see.

Thanks for the thread. Sometimes a little venting is all it takes to feel better.

I'm with you. I have an 11 cc band and I am at 9.7 cc's and still can eat a normal meal like most others except at Breakfast...

I know my problem is my will power with snacking. chocolate is my downfall so I am doing everything in my power to stay away from it and other sweets. But, if I could do that I wouldn't of been looking for help... So it is still a daily struggle. We just have to keep trying.

Glad to see new activity. What are you doing to get back on track. Im trying to reduce my carb intake.

Glad to see new activity. What are you doing to get back on track. Im trying to reduce my carb intake.

I'm going to go back to weighing my meals and cut out snacking. also, i am still trying to listen to my body when I am full. I do believe eating is a nervous habit for me when I'm sitting still. This week I started on monday cutting out chocolate and Snacks except for some pumpkin seeds today and I'm walking 2 miles a day - every day! I plan to weigh in on saturday to see if it helped.

That is awesome! I am working out in the gym about 5 days a week, but I know that I can go get on my bike for 15/20mins before going to bed. I dont what my problem is. I have a bike in the house.

That is awesome! I am working out in the gym about 5 days a week, but I know that I can go get on my bike for 15/20mins before going to bed. I dont what my problem is. I have a bike in the house.

the gym is a problem for me...if it's not easy, i won't stick to it. I need a treadmill at my house but still saving for it so I walk during my lunch hour at work each day and go hiking with my husband a couple days a month. Still looking for more fun ways to get exercise without having to drive to a gym...

the gym is a problem for me...if it's not easy, i won't stick to it. I need a treadmill at my house but still saving for it so I walk during my lunch hour at work each day and go hiking with my husband a couple days a month. Still looking for more fun ways to get exercise without having to drive to a gym...

Exercise DVD's.....

Dancing to music.....

Gardening ......

Oh that's nice. Im trying tonget my husband into doing outdoors things. Honestly he is so lazy. Well its good that you know what works for you. It's so hard for me to stay motivated to exercise at home. I will have a few good days then I will get way off track. So the gym is always gonna be apart of me

Yea, my husband is a tour director so we are always going out to different locations and checking out the walking paths at each so he can add them to his tours. That's good that you stick to the gym routine!! That's a good accomplishment. Be proud of yourself! I wish I could. Good Luck with your journey :)