Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Biggest Loser 9/21 - Lapband Failure Contestant

The one that was 14years old with the lapband

Which One?

Allie was voted off the ranch.

From what I can tell, Allie has something more akin to "stomach stapling" than the Band. Jessica and Burgandy are still Bandsters remaining!

From what I can tell, Allie has something more akin to "stomach stapling" than the Band. Jessica and Burgandy are still Bandsters remaining!

Yea, I noticed she had a huge vertical scar on her belly. I wonder is she the one that had the VGB?

Three of the girls did have weightloss. Allie was the VBGS and Burgundy and Jessica had "failed" lapbands. I personally think its a crock of bs, that they had "failed" LBS. I agree with the person who said it before in this thread.........that the band did not fail them, they failed their band. As for eating and exercising, the Biggest Loser is giving them a jumpstart and tools....seriously, none of us have 6 hours a day to workout, or BOB and Jillian there to "motivate/terrorize" us into exercising, but the idea is to give them the tool to continue after they leave the ranch. I watch the show and have since last year, but I KNOW why I am fat. I DID IT to myself. I chose the LBS and if it doesnt work for me, I am not allowing it to, or making the right choices. That's what makes me angry. I must admit, it is quite the motivator though, as I got up and exercised for the first time in a LONG while. (again, my choice). I hate to hear fat people sit around and say "I don't know why I am so fat". Jillian explained it last night. Calories consumed vs. calories expended. Simple math. Did anyone see those sandwiches? I could have torn one of them up. See? That's why I was fat. My choices and decisions relect upon my success. ME. *stepping down from my soapbox now* :::::::This post is not to offend anyone::::::: Oh and I am going to be so freakin p'd off if Tina walks out next week.............

Please someone explain to me why these people are wearing clothing that is so revealing that you can even see their stomach scars??

So that their weight is more accurate I assume.

No offense, but not gonna buy that one. If you do the initial weigh in wearing a t-shirt and shorts...and wear those same clothes each time, your weight will be just as accurate.

I'm betting it's for ratings. I asked my cousin, who watches it with her boyfriend, what the attraction is since neither needs to lose weight. Their response, "It's fun to watch the fat people with their blubber all hanging out." I didn't say she or her boyfriend were nice people...but I'm guessing the shock value (and it is shocking to those of normal weight) is the reason.

Yeah, I've always wondered why the girls have to wear a sports bra at the beginning, but when they lose enough weight they graduate to a much more flattering work out top. You are probably right as sad as that is.

Was it Lap-Band® or Gastric Bypass? I know there's a woman on there that had Gastric Bypass when she was 14 which is just wrong.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waiRise/]

weight.png

[/url]

Edited by kalahhancock757

As I said before, Allie had the gastric sleeve, and two other girls..burgundy and jessica had the lap band. The sleeve is the one where they cut most of your stomach away, and leave a banana shaped pouch, however, there is no rerouting/bypassing done. I'm curious, did they (J and :rolleyes2: have their bands removed? Probably, I would think. As for Allie, she was voted off this week, so she isnt even a factor anymore. I think that it is a little unfair, if their bands are still in place, as "some" restriction.... you would think....would be there. I LOVE my band. And success that is with me..is because I am working with my band. I would do it a hundred times over. B)

ok Is me, But how in the hell you can lose 20 lbs + in 2 weeks. Biggest Loser is over the top now.

ok Is me, But how in the hell you can lose 20 lbs + in 2 weeks. Biggest Loser is over the top now.

How heavy was the person to start with? I think I lost 20 lbs or close to it on Atkins on the first two weeks (seven years ago) and that was without exercise.

If this person is really heavy, had a very sedentary lifestyle prior to BL and was eating thousands of calories...doesn't surprise me they'd lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.

How heavy was the person to start with? I think I lost 20 lbs or close to it on Atkins on the first two weeks (seven years ago) and that was without exercise.

If this person is really heavy, had a very sedentary lifestyle prior to BL and was eating thousands of calories...doesn't surprise me they'd lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.

Yep I forgot about that. I guess not eating food like "The Terminator " Sandwich everyday will help. I remember before the band I use to eat a whole large meat lover pizza in one sitting, then chase it with a 1 liter soda. :drool:

Yeah...isn't it amazing when we think about the food we 'used to' put away compared to now? Scary.