Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods can't you eat?

I cant eat any bread at all, no rice, sometimes chicken, no burger, eggs are tough at times, questionable on noodles...Now i can eat steak, turkey(deli or oven), popcorn, nuts, fruits and veggies..Bananas can be kind of fickle...pop about kills me off and makes me throw up...my liquid staple is Water and ice tea with splenda....

The only thing Ive noticed so far is PBJ sandwichs. I tried it twice even, just to make sure the 1st time wasnt a fluke I guess. Anything else I can eat, even other kinds of sandwichs. Must be the Peanut Butter and bread combo. I can eat peanut butter on toast though.

popcorn doesnt bother me at all and has actually been my dinner the last 2 nights..I know, thats terrible.

Isn't it funny how different everyone is. Up until my second fill I could eat anything and everything. But now I've had my second I'm finding there are some things that won't go down. So far raw bread (ie. untoasted) won't, and I tried a bite of my boyfriends pie and that was awful! popcorn and stuff go down sweet as, I just try to keep the amount really tiny if it's the fatty movie kind.

I'm noticing that I have problems eating. I did manage to eat 2 slices of thin crust pizza if I took very small bites and ate slowly. Otherwise, I believe I'm still taking larger bites than I'm suppose to and I get stuck. I haven't ventured out to many foods yet because of that reason. I did manage to have a slice of rye bread with some butter on it one evening, but tried again another evening and it wasn't going down well. I just have to be very careful...

Steak is fine for me in small bites, can not eat hamburger at all. popcorn is no problem. Nuts are no problem. Raw veggies are no problem. Tried eggs once and that was enough for me not to try it again. I was banded July 14th and I have had 2 fills for a total of 4CC's and it is hit or miss right now on what I can and can't eat. It seems to change with each fill. Right now chicken and raw veggies and fruit are my diet.

OH how I WISH this was a problem for me... I can eat ANYTHING I want, have never been "stuck" or any of the other mentioned problems with the band. I am at 9.9cc's in an 11cc band, and had my surgery in December '09... :blushing:

Since things seem to change weekly for me I will tell you what I can't eat this week lol bread, pancakes, Muffins, anything soft and doughy, chicken if it is dry, Steak--- never been able to tolerate even if it is really tender or rare, Most Pasta's, but I have had angel hair Pasta with no problem guess it depends on what kind of sauce is on it if its an oil based sauce like pesto seems to go down ok or anything with olive oil but alfredo sauce not so much

I can eat anything...just some foods go down better than others. This past weekend I had an actual sandwich. Cheeseburger with bun. I ate half, took my time and it went down fine. My first since being banded because I was too afraid to try, but no problems. It seems like all that worry I had about not being able to eat what I wanted was for nothing. But I'm glad it's the way it is.

The only things I refrain from is products with carbonation and I limit alcohol because it tends to give me heartburn.

dm5201: If you had surgery on the 24th of August, wouldn't you still be on liquids? (pizza ?)

Poultry breast meat doesn't go down well for me. Dark meat is fine.

Doughy breads are not a good choice for me, but drier breads are good.

Finger foods can be bad because I tend to take bites that are bigger than if I were eating with a knife and fork.

Hamburger, whether cooked loose or in a patty has caused me considerable trouble, also.

Sushi rolls are sometimes a problem for me, sometimes OK. I never know for sure. I have been known to pull them apart, which is quite messy!

Today is my first day on solids after my last fill, so I am not sure what the future holds.

You just had a fill 2 years from banding? I thought you get to a spot that you stay at forever?

OMG...THank Goodness I can't eat French Fries!! ha ha. I love them...but not the second time around.

But the thing that blows my mind is everyday, every meal is different. I can't be sure that the chicken I ate yesterday will go down today.

The things I absolutely cant eat-bread. Mushy clumpy stuff. Rice, spaghetti noodles--but I can eat Rigatoni (al Dente).

I am just so thankful that the things that kept me fat are not appealing when you are barfing them up. lol It certainly helps me.

As Pink says "Don't let me get me"!

I am filled 10cc out of 11cc and the only food I avoid is pancakes. I tried a bite two times and was sorry. I gave up bread when I was banded in hopes of losing faster but I eat crackers with no problem. I think I could eat most breads but would worry about soft breads. Small bites and chewing work!

I am filled 10cc out of 11cc and the only food I avoid is pancakes. I tried a bite two times and was sorry. I gave up bread when I was banded in hopes of losing faster but I eat crackers with no problem. I think I could eat most breads but would worry about soft breads. Small bites and chewing work!

I just ate two buttermilk pancakes this morning (9:30) from IHOP, some substitute eggs and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. I had absolutely no problems. :bored: Now, It is 1:15 pm and I am still full... :smile:

Dry Fish like tuna always give me trouble.